interested.

paid in full.

Kyungsoo's phone fit snug in between his ear and shoulder as he continued to scroll through the email in disbelief.

"Hello?" 

Kyungsoo let out a breath upon his call being answered. "Jongdae, you won't believe this."

"What happened? And why aren't you at work?"

"They didn't want me to come in. The new intern is starting today, and my boss thought I might scare him off." Jongdae let out a chuckle before letting Kyungsoo continue. "And seriously, you won't believe this."

"Just tell me what it is, Kyungsoo." 

Kyungsoo could hear the smile on Jongdae's lips through the phone and felt himself laughing because of it. "Someone replied to my ad."

"Wait, what? Even with all the things you mentioned?"

"Yeah! They said they're really interested and that they'd like to meet at that new coffee shop near the SM building."

"Are you gonna go?"

Kyungsoo could hear the apprehension in his voice. Some people on craigslist were real creeps. But he really needed a roommate. Jongdae had been moved out for almost a year, and he had handled living alone well for nearly a year, but he was taking extra classes in college this semester, and splitting the rent with someone else couldn't hurt.

"You know I'm kind of desperate for a roommate."

"Yeah, I know..." Jongdae trailed off and Kyungsoo shifted in his chair, waiting for his best friend to speak again. "Just be careful, okay? And make sure to stay in character if you want that three hundred dollars." 

"Of course I'll be careful. And of course I'll stay in character. You're paying for my textbooks this semester, whether you like it or not."

 


 

Where is he? 

Chanyeol had been sitting around in the coffee shop for around twenty minutes waiting for this mystery man to show up. He was getting a little peeved that he was late, but he was too curious to leave. While he waited he began imagining what the other guy must be like. His ad had been really strange, so Chanyeol assumed he would be just as strange. He was probably all skin and bones, kind of gangly like Chanyeol. Though Chanyeol was convinced he was really the only man who could pull off such long, obnoxious limbs and still look handsome. He pictured the guy having horrible skin and the kind of hair that only the odd man's mother would say is charming. He probably wore turtleneck sweaters and read poetry to himself. Chanyeol was a bit surprised to find out his potential future roommate didn't own three to four cats. 

He was still off in his own little world when he heard the door jingle. A man walked in, taking a look at all the tables before settling his gaze on Chanyeol. The man walked over briskly shedding his jacket off as he did. Chanyeol's eyes followed every move that the stranger's slim limbs made. 

The man was significantly shorter than Chanyeol, but he had a presence that made Chanyeol feel small. 

His skin was flawless. It was smooth like porcelain and absolutely flawless.

His shiny black hair was styled up fashionably, revealing even more of his glorious face.

He was not wearing a turtleneck sweater. A pale blue button up fit around his frame, tucked into well (very well, in Chanyeol's opinion) fitting black pants.

Oh no, Chanyeol thought, oh no, he's hot.

"Hello, I'm Do Kyungsoo." The really, really hot guy held out a hand to Chanyeol and had the nerve to smile. Chanyeol's mouth went dry, but he managed to grab the other guy's hand with his own.

"Um, Chanyeol. I'm Park Chanyeol."

 


 

"So, I guess I'll see you in a week then." Kyungsoo said as he tossed his coffee cup in a trashcan and buttoned up his thin jacket.

"I suppose you will." Chanyeol nodded. His meeting with Kyungsoo had gone pretty well, he thought. Kyungsoo didn't seem as uptight and weird as Chanyeol had anticipated. Though occasionally he seemed to falter in his speech, taking on a serious face when asking Chanyeol questions about his living habits. Chanyeol thought he would get along fine with Kyungsoo for a month. "You seem a lot less we-"

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow and Chanyeol dragged out the "e" he'd settled on, trying to cover his mistake up.

"-ierd?" Kyungsoo's smile crept onto his face again. "Thanks."

"No, I mean, like," Chanyeol fumbled for words, "good weird? You're good weird."

"Watch your step, Park. I could kick you out whenever I feel like it."  Kyungsoo tried to keep a straight face, but his lips betrayed him, filling his face with another smile.

"See you in a week." Chanyeol muttered once more, as Kyungsoo strode out of the coffee shop after giving Chanyeol a brief wave goodbye.

 


 

a/n : ok hi how is this i am new to this i am new to chaptered fics pls leave feedback ok thank you muchas gracias