Sickness

I’m Not Afraid To Fall: [That Girl Is A Problem] Series

 

 

Sickness


7:30pm

Rummaging through the boy’s bag, SanHa snatched up a lunch box and pulled it out into the open. “Hey,” she smacked the wasted boy on the arm lightly. “you’d better eat.” Forcing the chopsticks into his hand and placing the tupperware tub on his lap, she nudged his side again. “in’...” Gritting her teeth and blasting air into her cheeks in irritation, the female huffed and tried to compose herself. Taking the chopsticks back and placing the tub on the ground between them, SanHa picked up a piece of grilled pork and held it towards JungKook’s face, wafting it dangerously. “If you don’t eat all of this, I won’t speak to you again.” With that, the boy’s mouth opened like that of a child’s as his eyes remained closed and his upper half swayed.

Humming as the food hit his tongue, JungKook wobbled from side to side as he chewed. Swallowing the bite, the brunet mumbled. “Please don’t date anyone like that again.”

“Yep, I won’t.” She told flatly as she picked up a bit of grated cabbage and held it up at the ready.

“I mean it, Noona. I’m right her-” He was cut off when the female shoved the next load into his mouth without a care for if she choked him.

Folded into an awkward position as she fed the boy, SanHa was at a loss. She had let him play basketball but even that had turned into a bust. He had said things which she never thought she’d hear within this lifetime, and even now, whist he was out-of-his-mind drunk, he’d kept his hands to himself and reinforced his remarks from earlier. After all of that, it wasn’t like she could just leave him there or send him home in such a state. As much as was said about her, she wasn’t that kind of person.

Shifting over and using her left shoulder to crane his unstable head, and her thigh for his forearm, she continued to shovel the lunch down his throat, along with a bottle of water which had also been in his bag. Expression softened and voice low, SanHa took in the sight of the taller boy beside her. He had said he was right there, but he was just a naive kid. "You're really pitiful, JungKook. Don't go making promises you can't keep."

 


 

Wednesday, 5th February - 13:28

Head feeling as if it was about to split and his body covered in a cold sweat, JungKook stared blankly at the board at the front of the room as a sickly tremble took over him. The scratching of pens on paper grated on his delicate ears, and the teacher’s voice made him want to tell her to shut up yelling, even though she was speaking at the same volume as always. He didn’t remember much after accepting the alcohol last night besides part of being force-fed his lunch, blotches of his tedious journey home whilst being propped up, and what he sai-Oh God. Another wave of nausea washed over him when he recalled what he had said to his temporary guardian when she had got him to the gate of his house. He needed to find her and do something. He didn’t know what he was going to do to fix it, but he had to do something.

The bell rang and JungKook shot out of his seat only to shrivel up in all kinds of pain and sickness he’d never felt before. Slumping over his desk, the brunet rested his head on his folded arms in wait for his head to stop pounding and his stomach to stop churning.

“What are you doing? Are you really missing a kidney?” DongSoo snarked as he stood by his friend’s desk.

“Leave me alone.” A muffled groan escaped plump lips throbbing with the remnants of last nights binge.

“Fine.” The shorter boy huffed and started to walk away.

Reaching out without looking, JungKook croaked. “No, don’t leave me. I need you’re help.”

Pausing with suspicion, the shorter boy placed his hands on his hips expectantly. “What do you need?”

Peering up past the barrier of his arm, face ghastly white and slick with fever, the Freshman held out an unstable hand with a whimper. “Help me get up.”

DongSoo smacked the appendage away with a yap. “How old are you! What’s wrong with you?”

“Jeon JungKook, you are in serious trouble.” The Class President yelped when she saw that the boy she’d been after earlier was still around. “Where is your Festival form?”

Certain his internal organs were melting and his bones had turned to chalk, the addressed whimpered in self pity. “Probably with the blank ones, considering I didn’t do it.”

“I’m disappointed in you; you’re one of our top students. I expect more from you, JungKook!”

Feeling his stomach muscle contract and an acidic burn rumble from his gut, the brunet involuntarily opened his mouth only to erupt a colourful spew all over the Class President’s bare legs. Scream instantly piercing his eardrums, the few students whom were taking their lunch in class bolted from their seats when the stench of vomit spread throughout the room. Shaking his head at the out of character state, DongSoo backed off to leave JungKook to deal with his own problems.

 


 

4:45

Just now escaping his tedious trappings, JungKook staggered with the masses down to the ground floor. Still working on gathering his barings and figuring out all over again how to use his legs, the brunet was left with a nagging migraine which felt like he’d been rabbit-punched in the base of his skull.

He was about to head straight to his locker to change his shoes when he caught sight of a familiar Senior stood at the staff office door. He watched for a few moments as the girl conversed seriously with the boy’s Phys-Ed teacher, but spun around when she began to walk in his direction. Sure she was heading for him, he tensed up and readied himself for a physical punch for the trouble he had caused her last night. Stuck like a hunchback for a good minute or so, the boy peeked out of one eye when he felt nothing. Glancing around for the female, he saw nothing until he caught sight of her back through the glass doors and already near the main gates. Scraping his stuff into his arms, he hurried behind his peers caught in the flurry.

Making it into the cold evening air, JungKook ran around his fellow students in chase of his Senior. Feeling his trousers beginning to soak up the slush on the ground and the sleet sneaking down his blazer collar, he became frustrated. Pushing past his peers as he got to the gate and rounding corner, he quickly caught up with the female going in the opposite direction from tha majority of their classmates on the way to night school. “Noona?” He reached out and caught the girl’s shoulder.

Instantly smacking the hand away as she spun around, SanHa widened her stance with a snarl. “Don’t ever grab me!” Horror on her face, the shorter girl recoiled into herself as she took a step back in realization of what she'd done.

Taken aback by the partially covered black eye even more than the hostile tone, JungKook held his hands up at chest height. Concern welling in him, it was difficult to keep an appropriate distance. “What happened?”

Sneering, the older girl shrugged. “Last night, or this?” she jabbed a finger towards her face.

“Who did that to you?”

Lunging at the boy, she shoved him against the metal fence. Heavy sleet dripped onto her face, smearing the concealer barely doing its job to begin with. “I told you last night - don’t bother with me.” Her nails dug through the shirt over his chest, and if her expression was anything to go by, she was even more mad than yesterday.

Shock from the attack wearing off as the icy bars dug into his shoulder blades, JungKook’s expression hardened as he took the wrist hanging over his chest. “I’m pretty sure I told you, too.”

“Let go of me.”

Keeping his grip, the brunet lowered his head to keep their conversation private from their peers gaining an interest in what was going on. “I said I wanted to know you, and I meant it.”

“I mean it, too: let go.” Heartbeat speeding and panic racking her frame, she tried to rag herself loose from the vice grip as he stared at her. Thrashing, her right arm slipped free thanks to the growing downpour. Her balled fist collided with the side of the JungKook's face. Smacking him just below the cheekbone, she lost her footing on the ice due to the sudden change in weight distribution. SanHa let go an instinctively and shielded her face and head with her arms.

Catching the girl from the side, both arms wrapped over her own to stop her from hitting the floor. JungKook refused to let go regardless of holding up the female’s full weight and the looks he was getting from the other students. “Say you don’t have the slightest interest in me.” Hot breath brushed against her cold, damp ear when he rested the front of his head against the side of hers.

“Please.” Going limp in his grasp, the girl lowered her head to shield her face. “let go of me.”

Feeling the female tremble, he thought he should let go but his body wouldn’t allow it. Instead of ragging her up and making her stand, he lowered with her, making sure she didn’t hurt herself when her knees met the wet floor. Unlike before, she didn’t thrash or squirm, she didn’t even move aside from the hitches in her breath.

Kneeling with her right hip between his thighs, JungKook loosened his grip only to move his hand to her head. Pushing back the sopping wet locks clinging to her face and frame, the brunet furrowed his brows in pity. Nobody would have ever thought it unless they’d been there right now, but he thought he was beginning to piece together what was going on after what she had said when that animal had attacked her. Clutching her to his chest, JungKook hummed to sooth what he guessed to be repressed sobs. “I won’t ever try to hurt you.” Hearing those words, SanHa bit down on her lower lip so hard an all-too-familiar metallic tang ran over her tongue. “And I won’t just let you go, either.”

 

 



 

Posted: 25th December 2016 - 01:40
Updated: 17th April 2018 - 16:14