Chapter 3

I still love you

She walked with heavy steps, yet constantly shaking. Her face was white and she felt sick. She hadn't cried since she heard the news. She just sat in shock until she heard the shouts of her group members who barged into her room and upon seeing her sitting as still as a stone ran up to her. 
They had all cried or been in immense shock but she couldn't move. And when she moved she went straight to her car and drove to the hospital he was in. 
Her phone had constantly rung and there were more miscalls from her boyfriend than other friends. She ignored all of them. She didn't feel like speaking. 

As she reached the waiting room she spotted familiar faces. She walked over and upon seeing them her emotions lost control and her tears started flowing. They ran over consoling her, hugging her and telling her to just pray. 

It'd had been an hour they had told her since he had arrived. They said they were lucky enough to find him with a light pulse on him. The sister had found him whilst taking a snack to his room and had cried for help when his door was locked and there was no noise to be heard. 
They awaited the doctors to return who has promised they'd try their best. Thoughts had run wild in their heads wondering what could have taken him to take this step. She couldn't bare their talking anymore and decided to go out for a walk. 

She sat outside on a lonely bench and cried some more. Why had he done this? He wasn't like this. He did look depressed and she hadn't spoken to him at all. She hadn't even acted like a friend to him. If she had what if he hadn't done this. 
Suddenly her phone went off once again and she saw her boyfriend calling her for what Must've been the 20th time. This time she picked up. 
" Hey you ok?" , he asked. She didn't answer. " Do you want me to come over? Where are you ?"
"I'm ... Listen.... Let's break up."
There was a stunned silence and then he spoke again. " I understand you want a break right? This is too much for you to take in right now... "
"No let's break up!"
"Noona you're not in your right mind right now". 
" I am. This was a huge mistake. I told you I loved you and yet I hadn't moved on. I was lonely and sad and you were there for me but I mistook my affection for you as love. You momentarily took me away from all the pain but it had never really left. I'm sorry."
"Do you still love him?". 
She heard his voice calm yet as though he was trying to stop his tears. 
"Yes, I think so."
And followed by another awkward silence the line cut off.