First Meeting

Try

Amber’s POV

I can hear my alarm clock going off. I let out a loud groan and buried my face into the pillow. Why is it so loud? I extend my arm towards my nightstand where my alarm clock is, pick it up, and throw it against the wall. I’m probably gonna regret doing that later, but I’m just so tired that I don’t give a damn right now.

“AMBER!” My mom’s loud scary voice roars through the whole house and I’m pretty sure everybody in the whole neighborhood, wait scratch that, everybody in the whole city can hear her. “I swear to God, if that was your alarm clock again, we’re going to have a problem.” Yeah, I already regret it now. I walk into my bathroom and take a long look at myself in the mirror.

It’s that time of the year again. Where going out till the late night and waking up in the late afternoon stops, and doing homework and studying for exams start. If you haven’t guessed it yet, I’m talking about school. Don’t get me wrong. I actually like school, unlike most people. I’m just not a morning person. And plus, I can’t wait to see my friends. I haven’t hung out with them all summer, since I went to the States for summer vacation. I used to live in California, but my family and I moved to Korea when both of my parents received job offers from a really big company here in Korea. It took me awhile to get used to the culture shock, but I’m happy with how things are now.

I took a quick shower and picked out my best outfit to wear. Gotta look fresh for the first day of school, of course. I head downstairs and I see my parents waiting for me at the table. My mom gives me a playful glare while my dad snickers. I give them both kisses on the cheek and greet them good morning.

“Is the wall okay?” My mom asked while pouring me a glass of orange juice.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I start fiddling with my thumbs, a habit that I would often perform when I’m lying or nervous about something.

“Uh-huh sure Amber. Anyways, are you excited for school today?” She asked me. I take a sip of my orange juice and nodded. “Yeah, I can’t wait to see the gang. And I have a good feeling about this year.”

My dad lets out a small chuckle. “You say that every year kiddo.” I laughed at his response. It’s true though, I do say that every year. “I know dad, but this is for real this time. I have a really good feeling about this year.” I take a look at the clock on the wall and realize that I’m gonna be late for school if I don’t leave right now. I said goodbye to my parents and start walking towards the bus stop.

I waited at the bus stop for five minutes when I see it slowly approaching from the distance. It was large, green, and there was a huge poster of the latest K-Pop group on the side of it. The doors of the bus opens and I walk into it, not forgetting to greet the driver, and I make my way towards my usual seat in the back. I take out my earphones from the pocket of my pants and plug it into my phone. My music starts playing while I look out at the places that we were passing by. Ten minutes later, I can feel the bus slowing down which meant that there were going to be more people boarding the bus.

I felt my phone vibrate and saw that I got a text from Sulli. Sulli was the first friend that I ever made in Korea. I met her on my first day of school, and she was nice enough to show me around. She also introduced me to her other friends, and ever since then, we just all started hanging out together. Our group of friends consists of Sulli, Victoria, Luna, Henry, Key, Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun, and Onew. I’m so lucky to have such an amazing group of friends.

Sulli (7:35 A.M.): Hey, where are you? I’m at school already. I can’t wait to see you.

I smiled at her text and sent a quick reply. I was so immersed in my phone that I didn’t realize somebody sat down in the seat next to me. The bus had gotten so crowded that there weren’t any more seats left. I put my phone away and tried to sneak a glance at the person who was sitting next to me, and it was probably the best decision I have ever made in my life. Long black hair that was straight, perfect eyes, thin nose, pink lips, and the milkiest white skin I have ever seen. I think an angel just flew down from heaven and here she is sitting right next to me in all her glory.

I didn’t realize that I was staring at her, but she cleared and looked at me with a straight face. I immediately turned away from her and looked out the window again. The bus passed by the library and stopped in front of my school. I was gonna say excuse me to the girl next to me because I needed to get off, but when I turned around, she wasn’t there anymore. I got off the bus and looked around for her, but she was nowhere in sight. I let out an exasperated sigh, because I wanted to see her beautiful face one more time, but I guess not. I walk into the school and see the gang standing in front of the lockers. I don’t think that they noticed me at all.

“Hey guys!” I walk up to them, well more like ran to them. They all start to surround me and they all gave me a hug one by one.

“Amber! We missed you!” Sulli exclaimed. All of the others nodded, agreeing to her statement. Well, all of them except for Henry. We have a love-hate friendship, but it’s okay, I still consider him my brother.

“Ew, speak for yourself Sulli. I didn’t miss this llama-looking idiot at all.” Henry said while punching me lightly on my shoulder.

“Yeah okay, Snoopy. Says the guy who sent me 279 text messages while I was on vacation.” I snickered and Henry put his head down trying to hide his embarrassment. “I was just kidding Am, I missed you this much.” He extended his arms to his sides trying to back up his claim of how much he missed me.

“I missed you too dude!” The bell rang which signaled two minutes before the start of first period. Sulli, Minho, Luna, and I head to biology because that was our first period. While walking to class, I couldn’t help but to think about that girl who sat next to me on the bus. I know it’s unlikely but I really hope I’ll see her again.

We went inside the class and I took a seat next to Minho who was on my left, Luna who was in front of me and Sulli who was to my right. The rest of the students started piling into the classroom as the last bell rang and I noticed that the seat behind me was empty. I didn’t give it much thought though and I took out my notebook and pen, getting ready for today’s lesson. The teacher started writing questions for us to answer on the board, when the door swung open.

There she was. The girl from the bus. The angel-like, out-of-this-world girl that I just saw today was standing here, inside my classroom. And to think that I would never see her again, boy, was I wrong.

“Who are you?” The teacher put down her chalk on the desk and asked the new girl. “My name is Krystal and I’m new here.” She said in monotonous tone, as if she had no emotion at all.

“I’ll let this one slide then. You can take the seat behind Amber.” The new girl looked around the room and I raised my hand to let her know that I was the person the teacher was pointing to. She walked over to the desk behind me and sat down. The teacher started writing on the board again while I was trying to think of a way to introduce myself to her. I turned around and gave her my best smile.

“Hi, I’m Amber. Nice to meet you Krystal.” I stuck my hand out for a handshake and expected her to shake it, but I guess she didn’t care because she just stared at me with a straight face. Just like how it was on the bus. I look into her eyes, and I see no emotion. It was like staring into an empty space. Most people would be scared or freaked out, but not me. It made me want to get to know her. I turned around and put my head down, trying to hide the red on my cheeks from the embarrassment. I could hear Minho and Sulli snickering at me. And it was then, that I decided I would do anything to get to know Krystal, anything to befriend her. I was right when I said I had a good feeling about this year. Because now, I had a mission. I don’t care if it takes me weeks, months, maybe even my whole high school career. I am gonna know everything about Krystal, inside and out. I’ll get her to be my friend, nothing more, nothing less…right?


And that was the first chapter. Hope you guys liked it. Let me know what you guys think. If you comment and subscribe, it would really make my day ^^ I'll see you all soon :) Sorry for any mistakes or errors.