Seoul U

Falling for My Fake Girlfriend....Again

-FLASHBACK-

 
 
The movie was just about to start, everyone was seated in the order of Lay, Chanyeol, Seohyun, Kris, Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Kai. 
 
 
Tiffany was talking to Taeyeon as the previews went on about which movies looked good and which didn't. Kai kept shaking his leg and distress. 
 
He looked down at his ticket for the 10th time. It had been almost half an hour since the show probably started. 
 
He glanced over at his friends and for the first time, he saw something different. Kai saw the way Tiffany talked and sat. He furrowed his eyebrows as he listened to her talking about some girl that she hated. For the first time, he didn't see her as his best friend Hwang Mi Young, he saw her as the cold-hearted Tiffany Hwang who talked about everything and everyone, the one who went out of her way to make others feel bad. 
 
And it scared him. Lucky for him though, it only lasted for a split second. 
 
But that one second would make the world difference. 
 
"Miyoung ah." He nudged her. Tiffany turned to him. "Hm?"
 
He stared into her cold eyes and slightly felt disgusted. "I, I have to go." 
 
 
Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at his sudden statement. "What do you mean go?" She asked placing a defensive hand on his arm. 
 
But he got up and pulled her hand off. "I'm sorry ok?" He said and left without another word, leaving no everyone dumbstruck. Kris watched Kai run down the isle and out the door, just as the movie was about to start. "Looks like he finally realized." 
 
"Oppa!" Tiffany called after Kai, but he was long gone, physically and mentally. She was about to get up wen Kris grabbed her arm. 
 
"Let him go Fany yah." He ordered her softly. She gave him an angry and confused look. The others looked at each other nervously. Even without Kai saying it, they all knew where he went. 
 
 
 
-END FLASHBACK-
 
 
Tiffany recalled the memory that had left her speechless and infuriated as she was driving home from the theater. She didn't even know what went on in the movie because her mind was in such a state of shock. 
 
She thought of Ye Na and how she must be loving Kai's presence right now. Her eyes turned to slits when she realized this was all Ye Na's fault. "." 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 

"Ye Na..." Kai stared at his beloved in front of him. "I....I dont know where to start." He couldnt meet her gaze thus turning away, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Oppa, are you okay?"

"No," He shook his head in distress. "Im not." Kai's head shot back up and he held her head in his hands. "Im just gonna say it. Ye Na, I lied to you. Tiffany and I made up this joke that I would pretend to be your boyfriend. I know it's horrible and I dont know if you will ever forgive me but I just needed to tell you. Im so sorry." He blurted staring into her eyes. 

 

-SMACK-

 

A hand slapped Kai right across the face. He angrilly held his cheek and glared at his attacker. "YAH. YOU WERENT SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY HIT ME!!" 

"You bastard!" Chanyeol cried out in his best girl voice and ran out of the room fake crying, dropping his brunette wig on the way out. The door to the bathroom across the hallway opened and Kris walked out, just in time to see crying Chanyeol run down the stairs still in his little act.

Kris chuckled and walked into Kai's room. "Im guessing the breakup didnt go so well." He laughed grabbing a can of soda from Kai's minifridge. Kai rubbed the back of his neck and crashed onto the bed. 

"If Chanyeol reacted that way, I can only imagine what the real Ye Na will actually do." He sighed staring up at the cieling. Ever since the concert, he only felt guilt when he saw Ye Na. He tried his best to stay normal when they went out on dates and hung out, but Ye Na would only buy that for so long. He had to tell her before she found out from someone else, someone like Tiffany. 

And that was another problem as well, he didn't know what he was gonna tell Tiffany. He was afraid it would come down to choosing between the two. His best friend or his girlfriend. 

 

 
 
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ye Na was at her usual job, talking to Kris who had come to visit her, it had become a usual thing with them. Ye Na felt like she had found a best friend that she lost years ago and was very happy whenever Kris came. Not the way she was happy with Kai, but happy.
 
In fact, that was the only emotion she knew these days. She would go to sleep with a smile on her face, and wake up ready to go about her day with carefreeness. 
 
"So you wanna be a wedding planner?" He asked sipping his coffee, leaning against the counter as she worked.
 
"Mhm." Ye Na nodded. "I like planning and organizing. And I LOVE weddings." Kris chuckled at her passion, he loved that about. She always worked hard at anything she was doing. "What about you oppa?" 
 
"Me?" He asked. 
 
"Uh-huh." She nodded with a chuckle.
 
He bit his lip and looked down. "Promise not to laugh?" 
 
"Swear." She replied.
 
"Me and the guys are trying to get into SM Entertainment." He confessed. 
 
Ye Nas eyes grew at his answer. Idols?? Him?? KAI?! "You guys wanna be idols....?" She carefully asked. 
 
"You promised not to laugh!" He pointed at her accusingly. 
 
"I'm not I'm not!" she defended. "It's just a little shocking, I never saw you guys as the types to sing and dance." 
 
"Hey, I'm pretty good." He said. 
 
Ye Na smiled and brought one of the orders to her customers. "I bet you are." She nodded. 
 
They were about to say something else when Ye Na's phone rang. "Oh Omma." She answered.
 
"YE NA YOUR LETTER FROM SEOUL UNIVERSITY IS HERE!!!" Her mother screamed on the other line. 
 
"BWAH?!" Ye Na screamed back making everyone in the cafe jump with surprise. "Arasso I'm coming!" Ye Na rushed to the back and ripped off her apron. "Unni I have to leave!" She yelled to Ye Jin and ran to the back room to change out of her uniform. Ye Na came back out a minute later in her normal jeans and sweatshirt.
 
"Oppa mianhe, we'll talk later okay? I have to go!" She quickly said while running out the door and to her car, talking to herself about all the possibilities that could be in that small envelope that held her whole like. 
 
 
 
Ye Na screeched to a stop in her drive way and sprinted inside, bursting through the door open with a bang. "WHERE IS IT?" She yelled to her parents. Her mother excitedly handed her the envelope and a second later, Ye Na was shredding it open and taking out the letter from Seoul U.
 
"What does it say what does it say?!" Dongwook asked not being able to stand the suspense. 
 
Ye Na read through the paper but as her eyes went lower towards the end of the paper, her face began to fall. Her parents watched her reaction and feared for the worst.
 
Ye Na finished reading and her hand dropped with the paper still in her hand, staring straight forward with dead eyes. 
 
"Babe?" Her mother asked. "Is everything okay?" She asked right before Ye Na's eyes began to tear up.  "Oh honey." Mrs. Lee wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Did you not get again?" 
 
Dongwook took the paper from Ye Na's hands and read it. "She got in." He said. Their parents heads snapped towards Dongwook and read the paper themselves. 
 
"I got in..." Ye Na broke into a grin. "I GOT IN!!!!" She screamed jumping up and down. 
 
"YOU GOT IN!!!!" Dongwook yelled laughing and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder. 
 
"OUR YE NA IS GONNA ATTEND SEOUL UNIVERSITY!!!!" Mr. Lee cheered as him and the Mrs. hugged one another. 
 
"I GOT INTO SEOUL U!!!" Ye Na yelled with the biggest smile on her face as Dongwook spun around.
 
"Honey I'm so proud of you!!!" Mrs. Lee smiled one of the biggest smiles in her entire life. 
 
This was one of three most wanted moments in Ye Na's life. 
 
1: To get her acceptance letter from her desired college with her loved ones all around to celebrate.
 
Check. 
 
Only two more to go. 
 
 
"I gotta go tell oppa!" Ye Na exclaimed and pushed herself off of Dongwook. She sprinted upstairs and called her man as her parents and brother celebrated a little more. "Oppa!" She yelled when he answered her phone call.
 
"Oh Ye Na." He said groggily indicated that he was taking a nap.
 
"Can we meet up?? I have to tell you something!" She bit her lip from all the excitement. 
 
Kai blinked and came to his senses. He sat up and nodded. "Actually yeah, I have to tell you something too." He said. 
 
"Arasso!" Ye Na excitedly said. "I'll meet you at the park by the school!" 
 
"Okay. See you." He said and they both hung up. Kai looked at himself in the mirror for a long time. "Tell her before it's too late Jongin ah...." 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
 
 
Kai waited at the swings in the cold mid-December air for his girlfriend repeating over and over again what he was gonna tell Ye Na. Would she be okay? Would be she be mad? Of course she'd be angry. Would she cry? These questions bounced around in his head until he heard her call his name.
 
"Oppa!" Ye Na yelled as she ran towards him with a smile on her face.
 
"Ye Na what happened?" He called to her. Ye Na just smiled and kept sprinting towards him. She reached the swings and threw her arms around him in a forceful hug. Kai was surprised by the sudden contact.
 
"What happened?" He asked when she pulled away. Ye Na excitedly held up the letter to him. He took the paper and read through it. His eyes widened and a big smile grew on his face just like her parents. "You got into Seoul U?!" 
 
"Mhm!!" Ye Na nodded as Kai pulled her in for a hug.
 
"I'm so proud of you." He said feeling incredibly happy. He was sincerely happy for her. 
 
"Thanks oppa." She smiled and hugged him tighter but remembered something. She pulled away and looked at him. "Oh yeah, didn't you need to tell me something too?" 
 
Kai froze right there. This was his chance, this was probably the only time he would be able to tell her. His one and only moment to reveal the truth that would break her heart.
 
Kai crashed his lips onto Ye Na's. 
 
Her eyes widened at the sudden kiss but didn't mind. She smiled on his lips and kissed him back, completely forgetting what he had to say. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, afraid that she would vanish from his arms any second. "I'm sorry Ye Na yah.."