Inner Feelings

Falling for My Fake Girlfriend....Again

Ye Na walked back into her house, her soul soaring through the skies. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it, still unable to believe what had just happened. Mr. and Mrs. Lee looked up from their papers at the dining table and gave each other sly smiles. 

"Yeobo...what do you see right there?" Mrs. Lee asked her husband gesturing towards Ye Na. Ye Na looked at them with confusion on her face. 

Mr. Lee lightly chuckled. "Well, I think our daughter just got kissed." 

Ye Na turned crimson red and sprinted up the stairs from the embassment that her parents just caused her. The two laughed as Mrs. Lee put a head on her husbands shoulder and sighed a breath of happiness.

"I havent seen that smile on her face in years." She whispered. Mr. Lee smiled and put his arm around her. Mrs. Lee was so happy she could cry. She knew how depressed Ye Na was and how alone she felt at school, but ever since she started dating Kai, she would go to school and back with an aura of happiness surrounding her. A mother seeing her daughter grin from ear to ear everyday, its every moms dream. 

"Im glad she's finally got the light back in her life." He said sincerely and kissed the top of her head. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Kai sat up from his warm bed and hugged his knees to his chest. He thought back of the wonderful night he had. Jongin's thick fingers slowly crept up to his lips, lightly resting. He smiled as looked at his phone. Kai pressed the home button and a picture of him and Tiffany on her 14th birthday popped up. He slowly picked it up and unlocked his phone. 

Kai scrolled through his pictures and found one of him and Ye Na. Him and Ye Na were at a cafe after school one day and the picture was of Kai and Ye Na giving each other mischievous smiles from the opposite sides of the booth. He chuckled at the fond memory of them. It was the day that Ye Na had tasted black coffee for the first time and almost threw up from it. Kai patted her back the whole time in concern but had to hold back his laughter. Ye Na had hit him multiple times that day. 

Kai changed his wallapaper to him and Ye Na before laying back down and going back to sleep, thinking of her. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Ye Na finally finished her project for History class and rubbed her eyes. She looked at the clock which shone 12:37 AM. But she wasn't upset or anything that she was up so late. Ye Na went to the home screen of her phone and smiled at the picture of her and Kai that they had taken at school. He was playfully scowling as Ye Na's arms were wrapped around his neck with a big eye smile on her face, braces in full picture. She chuckled and locked her phone once again. Ye Na shook out her hair from her messy ponytail and slipped into her bed. 

She stared at the cieling, thinking of him. "Goodnight Kai." Ye Na whispered before turning to her side, turning the lamp off, and falling into a deep slumber. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"Ye Na! Come on you're gonna be la- What're you doing?" Mrs. Lee furrowed her eyebrows at the weird sight of her daughter. Ye Na was packing on face powder and had put eyeliner and mascara on as well. Ye Na froze on the spot and awkwardly turned towards her mom. 

"Uh...morning?" Ye Na squeaked in full embarassment. Mrs. Lee burst into a fit of laughter and almost fell on the ground. Ye Na lowered her head in sadness and placed the powder palet back on the desk. She walked over to her bed and slumped on it, her head still hanging low. 

"Kiddo, what're you doing??" Mrs. Lee chuckled and walked over to her. 

"I was just trying to be pretty." Ye Na mumbled which broke Mrs. Lee's heart immediatley. She automatically felt bad for laughing and bit her lip. 

"Lee Ye Na." Mrs. Lee said. Ye Na sniffled and turned away. "Baby come here." Mrs. Lee sat on the bed and hugged her daughter closely to her heart. She didnt mean to laugh because she knew her daughter was beatufiul, she thought it was funny how Ye Na looked with all the cosmetics on her face, covering her beautiful face. 

"Ye Na look at yourself." Mrs. Lee placed her hands on Ye Na's shoulders and turned her towards the mirror. "This isnt you babe." Lee Omma said. Ye Na lowered her gaze in embarassment again. Her mother was right, what was she doing? Mrs. Lee went and grabbed a face wipe and began taking off the white and the black. 

"Are...you doing this because of Kai? Did, he say something?" She carefully asked. Ye Na shook her head though. "Then why?" Ye Na didnt say anything and just looked down as her mother wiped her face off. "Ye Na." Her mother called again. 

Yenny sighed and finally spoke. "Im doing it so people can finally think that Im worth being Kai's girlfriend. You have to see the other girls omma. They walk down the hallways in designer uniforms and stiletto heels with their hair done from salons! I wanan feel pretty too!" She exclaimed finally venting out her feelings. 

"And you dont feel pretty?" Mrs. Lee asked throwing the dirty wipe away. Ye Na angrilly stood up and shook her head. 

"I know Im ugly and you dont need to lie to me and say that Im not." The latter yelled. She sighed and sat back down in anger. "I wanna be pretty. I wanna have long brown hair done by the worlds most famous hair designer. I wanna walk down the street in my suede black wedge heels with men staring at me in awe. Wearing the most expensive blue jeans, and a stylish white tank top. I want people to feel a difference with my presence." 

Mrs. Lee watched as her daughter poured out her pent up feelings. She pulled her in for another hug. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Im not just saying that because Im your mother. Im saying this to you from one woman to another. I love you Ye Na, for who you are and how beautiful you are, both on the inside and out. When you were born, your father and I cried. We thought 'is it possible for such a gorgeous baby to exist?'

I wish you could see just how amazing you are." 

And with that final thought, Mrs. Lee left the room. Ye Na sighed and slumped back on her bed in agony. 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Omma Im leaving!" Ye Na called a sshe put her shoes on and opened the door. 

"Arasso! Dont forget about the concert tonight! And dont forget to give the ticket to Kai!" Mrs. Lee called back. Ye Na gave her a thumbs up and ran out the door before she could get any later. 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Kai was waiting for Ye Na at her usual parking spot when she saw him and turned into the empty square. Ye Na smiled and got out, giving him a small hug.

"What took you so long?" He asked as they hugged. 

"Uh, I just had to talk to my mom about something." She said as they locked hands and began walking into the entrance. Ye Na reached into her pocket and took out two small slips of laminated paper. "Here." 

Kai took the slip and read over it. "Concert?" He asked. 

"Mhm. Omma and Appa are having a concert tonight, can you go?" Ye Na asked him with hopefullness in her voice. 

Kai thought and then nodded. "Yeah I think so." Ye Na smiled and cheered. They were at the doors and were about to go in when Kai felt Ye Na's hand slip from his palm. That cold feeling immediatley came and went and he turned around. Kai saw Ye Na holding the door for one of the older teachers at the school who was scurrying towards the door. 

"Oh thank you darling!" The teacher smiled and went inside. 

"Welcome!" Ye Na said and went in herself. Kai watched as Ye Na's face lit up with joy when she heard the womans 'thank you.' Ye Na slipped her hand into Kai's again and continued walking. 

"You're amazing." He said proudly. 

Ye Na furrowed her eyebrows and smirked. "I just held the door open." She chuckled as they turned to into their homeroom. 

Most of the kids were already in the classroom including BF4 and TTs. Tiffany turned around with a smile but it slowly drifted away when she saw the big smiles on Kai and Ye Na's faces when they walked in. 

She felt, well, sick. She felt sick to her stomach suddenly. Like she had no strength or any reason to smile. Fany felt weird and turned back around to contemplate over this new feeling. 

"alright love birds, break it up." Chanyeol barged inbetween them and took Ye Na away to her seat with his arm around her, causing Ye Na to fluster by the sudden action.Kai's jaw dropped to the floor seeing their faces to close. 

"YAH. Get your arm off of her!" He exclaimed pointing at Chanyeols arm. Chanyeol gave him a sly smile. "Wae? Afraid I might steal your girlfriend?" He asked. 

"Ani!" Kai yelled at him defensively. "She just doesnt like anyone touching her." He said shoving Chanyeol away and putting his own arm around her. Ye Na chuckled as Kai gave Chanyeol the evil eye before nuzzling his head on her shoulder. She thought how cute Kai was when he got jealous. 

Tiffany watched with her eyebrows furrowed. "what is he doing?" Tiffany wondered if Kai had forgotten this was a joke. 

The teacher told everyone to go back to their seats so Kai reluctantly had to go. Tiffany looked over at him and saw he had a concert ticket on his desk. She figured Ye Na must have given it to him since Kai never goes to concerts. 

"Oppa." She called. Kai turned to her, "Hm?"

"Lets hangout today after school." She said. 

Kai blinked at her. "T- today?" He asked feeling slightly upset. Why of all days did she have to ask him?

"Mhm. I'll tell you more about it at lunch." She said before turning towards the front again.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

And so, lunch came and the populars took their usual table at the center. Chanyeol and Seohyun were the last to come and set their trays down. They took their seats making the table complete. 

"So I was telling Kai oppa this earlier in class, why dont we all hangout tonight? We could go see a movie or something." Tiffany said to them. Kai gulped and didnt say anything. He just looked down at his bowl of ramyun and kept stirring it around. 

"Oh oh! Lets go see Evil Twin with Park Shin Hye!" Chnayeol beamed pulling up the movie pictures and trailers on his phone. The group were engrossed in searching the movie but Kai's mind was somewhere else. Ye Na had invited him to the concert tonight.

"Oppa." Tiffany waved her hand in front of him. "Are you ok?" She asked when he didnt answer her the first time. Kai blinked and shook his head to get out of the daze. 

"huh?" He asked. 

"You're gonna come tonight right?" She asked placing a hand on his. Kai looked down at her hands before looking into her eyes again. They look so hopeful and were almost pleading with him to go. 

He sighed and slowly nodded. "Yeah, I'll be there. I'll meet you guys at the theater." He said feeling awful inside. Tiffany smiled from ear to ear and cheered. 

"Its gonna be so much fun!" She exclaimed with a smile on her face. Kai tried to smile and be happy too, but he just couldnt. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"Annyeonghasayo! Welcome to Star Night Cafe! How may I help you?" Ye Na said with her usual cheery voice. She was getting a quick shift in before the concert tonight. The customers came up to her and ordered their meals before sitting down at one of the tables. Ye Na whisked away to make the hot chocolates and pastries for the customers. 

As she waited for the cakes to bake in the stores mini oven, her phone buzzed with a text. She picked it up and read the message.

 

From: My Guy ❤️

Recieved: December 3rd, 2007. 17:59:56

 

Hey babe. I don't think I can make it tonight for the concert. I'm really sorry but something came up. Rain check? 

 

Ye Nas face fell as she read the message and her shoulders deflated after. She knew that she should t be one of those clingy and annoying girlfriends that get angry whenever their boyfriends can't do something, but she was was really looking forward to tonight.

But she couldn't really do anything. If he was busy, then he was busy.

 

 

----------------------------------------

 

 

-BEEP BEEP-

 

Kai's phone buzzed as he was driving home. 

 

From: Ye Na (:

Recieved: December 3rd, 2007. 18:03:14

 

It's okay. I'm gonna hold you to that rain check though. 

 

Kai chuckled and replied back "alright." 

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

Ye Na got Kai's response and turned her phone off with a sigh. She gave the drinks and snacks to another bunch of customers and went back to the counter to wait for the next person.

She heard the doors open and looked up. "Annyeonghasayo! Welcome to Star Night Cafe!" She bowed her head. 

"Hey Ye Na." Kris clenched his jaw and smiled at her. He realized what a jerk he had been the other day when they were formally introduced to each other. 

And the last thing we wanted was for Ye Na to get hurt even more than she was already destined to. 

"Oh!" She exclaimed when she saw him. "Kris ssi!" 

He chuckled and walked up. "What's up?" 

"Just working." She said with a playful frown. He smiled at her pout. "What can I get you?" She asked.

"Uh..." He read the choices in the menu. "Just a coffee with whipped cream and milk." He told her.

"Coffee with cream and milk..." Ye Na repeated as she punched in the order.  "The total is $3.18." She said to him. Kris took out his card and swiped it in the machine. "One second." She said and went to make his drink. 

Kris watched as she worked with a smile. "She's so happy these days. How much is it gonna hurt her when she finds out?" He thought to himself with concern.

Ye Na returned a minute later with his drink. "Here you go." 

"Thanks." He smiled and took the cup. "Uh, Ye Na." Kris called.

"Hm?" 

"Um, Kai's kind of a jerk so if you ever need someone to talk to, call me ok?" He told her with a chuckle but sincerely.

Ye Na smiled. "Thanks, I will." Kris wrote his number down on a piece of paper and handed it to her. 

"I'll see you around." He said before they said their goodbyes and then walked out.

As Ye Na was putting the number in her phone, Ye Jin crept up behind her.

"How do you get two guys when I can't even get one?" Ye Jin shook her head. Ye Na laughed out loud at her managers sad, but funny joke.

 

 

----------------------------------------------

 

 

Kai pulled up at the movie theater and saw Tiffany and the others waiting in front of the doors. He got out and walked over to them.

"Oppa you came!" Tiffany smiled and linked her arm with his which everyone thought was weird. Tiffany never did physical contact with anyone besides Kris. 

Even Taeyeon and Seohyun thought it was weird. 

They all got in line to buy the tickets and then went to get the snacks and food. Tiffany stuck close by Kai the whole time. 

But it made Kai feel even more wrong, he felt like he shouldn't be here. He wondered why he wasn't loving it right now. If this was two months earlier, he would be ecstatic. But he wasn't, not after all that time e spent with Ye Na.

 Kai knew he was supposed to be at the concert.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"And the shadow of the day

Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you!"
 
The whole audience were going crazy and waving their glow sticks in the air. Ye Na was at the back jumping up and down like the crazy fangirl she was for her parents.
 
Infinite Song ended their 3rd song and Mrs. Lee grabbed the mic. "That was our cover of Linkin Parks Shadow of the Day. I hope you all liked it and are enjoying the show so far." 
 
Everyone in the audience answered back with cheerful screams which made the band chuckle. They started their next song and Ye Na smiled and sung along.
 
Near the exit though, someone had just came in and was scanning the crowd for someone else. He looked through and tried to fish his way through the audience.
 
He finally spotted Ye Na's big glasses and shining braces. He chuckled as she freaked out over the crazy guitar solo by her dads best friend.
 
"Excuse me!" Kai yelled over the screaming crowd behind Ye Na. She turned around and her face lit up like a Christmas Tree. 
 
"Oppa!!" She exclaimed and threw her arms around him. Kai chuckled and hugged her back. "You made it! I thought you couldn't come!" 
 
"I decided that you would be pretty upset so I took pity on you and came." He yelled to her over the loud music.
 
"Ts. I was fine without you thank you very much!" She put a hand up to him and turned back around angrily. Kai chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.
 
"I'm here now so love me." He told her. 
 
Ye Na knew she couldn't stay mad at him for long so she just caved. She pulled him forward next to her and gave him a glow stick. The two began jumping around to the music, enjoying each other's presence.
 
 
 
 
"Alright guys, we're gonna slow it down and end the song with a nice calm song. This is Clazziquia's Romeo and Juliet." 
 
 
 
 
Kai put his arm around Ye Na and they leaned back against the back wall. She rested her head in his shoulder as they swayed their blue glow sticks with the rest of the crowd. 
 
"I'm glad you came." She said to him. 
 
"Me too." Kai said and kissed the top of her forward.
 
Kai knew it now. He knew why he didn't feel as amazing as he used to whenever he was Tiffany, he knew why he liked being with Ye Na, he knew why he would get jealous whenever he would see her talking to other guys, he knew why he would get so furious when someone would say something bad about her.
 
Kim Jongin, Man Se's all-star, had fallen for his fake girlfriend, Lee Ye Na. The 'loser' of the school.