Dinner at the Lee's

Falling for My Fake Girlfriend....Again

(I changed 'Ara' to 'Sae Ron' FYI)

 

Kai rummaged through his closet trying to find something suitable to wear tonight. He was formally meeting Ye Na'as parents and really didn't want to mess up. "Aish. Why do I only have basketball shorts and my uniform?!" He cursed as he through clothes onto his bed. Sae Ron passed by his room and peered inside. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw the huge mess in his room. 

"Oppa." She walked in, stunned. "It looks like a hurricane swept through your room." Sae Ron told him as she sat on the only empty spot on his bed. "What're you doing?"

Kai sighed and continued to search through. "Ye Na's mom invited me to dinner tonight and I dont have anything acceptable to wear. Is this how girls always feel??"

Sae Ron nodded. "As a woman myself, I can say we do." 

Kai scoffed and looked at her. "The only woman in this house is omma....and sometimes me and appa when we see a bug but thats beside the point." 

Sae Ron rolled her eyes at him and jumped off the matress. "Move." She shoved him aside and went into his closet. She bit her lip and looked around. "Ah!" She snapped her fingers when she saw soft red fabric hanging from one of the hangers. She pulled out a clean red sweater and threw it at him. "Wear that with jeans."

"You're amazing Sae Ron." He picked her up and hugged her tightly. 

"AI LET GO!!!" She screamed as he crushed her. Kai dropped her and shoved her out the door before closing it. Sae Ron scoffed and kicked it hard with her foot. "YOU'RE WELCOME!!" She yelled and stormed away. 

 

Kai slipped on his clothes and looked at himself in the mirror. "Perfect." He winked to himself. He sprayed himself with a little bit of cologne and put on his shoes. 

"Man...." Kai stared at him in the mirror after he brushed his hair. "Im really good looking." He sighed with a nod. 

 

 

"I'll see you later omma." Kai stormed down the stairs and into the living room. He kissed his mom on the head and grabbed his keys and jacket from the hangers. 

"Tell Ye Na I said hi! And dont forget the cookies!!" Mrs. Kim called to him. 

"Neh!" Kai said back and quickly ran into the kitchen to grab the delicious dessert. He slipped on his jacket and rushed out the door so he wouldnt be late. 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"Now appa." Ye Na said to her dad. They were all in the kitchen making dinner and setting the table. "Please dont embarass me or make him feel uncomfortable. He's my first boyfriend and I really dont wanna ruin it." She practically begged him.

Mr. Lee scoffed at her. "Do I seem like the type of person to do things like that??" 

"Yes." Both mother and daughter said. "Honey," Mrs. Lee put a hand on his shoulder as she passed by, "just dont talk to him at all." 

"Well." Mr. Lee crossed his arms angrilly. "Cant I at least ask him how he is?"

 

"NO." Ye Na exclaimed. "Appa please Im begging you, DONT TALK." Ye Na cried out. 

But Mr. Lee just waved her off. "I wont say anything bad! I'll talk to him about sports ok?" 

"You say that now but I know that conversation will end up with Kai crying and you pointing a gun to his head!" Ye Na told him. 

Before Mr. Lee could say anything back, the door bell rang signalling that Kai was here. "APPA IM BEGGING YOU." Ye Na yelled as she scurried to the door. She stopped in front of the door and quickly fixed her hair. She pushed her bangs down and pulled the rest of her hair to the front. 

Ye Na opened the door with a smile but it immediatley slipped off when she didnt see Kai there. She groaned and slammed the door back shut. "YAH." A voice from the other yelled. 

"WHO INVITED OPPA?!" Ye Na fell onto the couch in agony after seeing her brother at the door. Dongwook walked in, fuming.

"Is that anyway to treat your brother who you havent seen in days?!" He hissed at her as he walked by.

"Oppa." Ye Na lifted her head and glared at him. "GET.OUT." She pointed to the door. 

He chuckled and kissed his mother as he placed the chocolate cake on the table. "Wae? And miss seeing my little sisters first boyfriend?" 

Ye Na's jaw dropped to the floor. "OMMA." She whined to her mother. But Mrs. Lee put her hands up in innocence. 

"Your father told him." She pointed the man who was trying to look sweet and kind as he adorably ate a carrot. 

"I CANT LIVE." Ye Na squirmed on the couch in despair. "Im gonna call him and cancel. I'll tell him my house blew up." She nodded and grabbed her phone. 

 

But before she could even dial his number, there was a knock on the door. 

"I'LL GET IT!" Dongwook laughed and sprinted to the door. Ye Na caught shirt before his hand could grab the door knob and yanked him back.

"DONT YOU EVEN DARE." Ye Na screamed and shoved him in the kitchen. "You two," she glared menacingly at her dad and brother, "if you embarass me, i promise I will come home pregnant the next time me and him go out." 

Dongwook and Mr. Lee scoffed in shock. "Ye Na!" They shouted. Dongwook turned towards his mother for help. "Arent you gonna say anything??" 

Mrs. Lee shrugged as she placed the side dishes on the table. "I've always wanted grandkids and since you're still single, Ye Na'as my only hope." 

 

Ye Na took a deep breath and tried to calm her nerves. She slowly opened the door to see the angel before her. 

Kai flashed his killer smile at her. "Hey." 

Ye Na's inside automatically turned to mush and for a second, she forgot how to be human. But she quickly regained her common sense and smiled back at him. "Hey you made it." She said as she ushered for him to come inside. Kai nodded and walked in, taking his shoes off on the side. 

"Omma made cookies and told me to bring them to you." He handed her the plate with the foil cover that was placed over the steaming chocolate chip cookies. 

Ye Na's eyes lit up at the small gesture. "Tell her we said thank you." She smiled and began walking to the kitchen. She shot Dongwook and her dad one last glare before Kai walked in. 

"Oppa, Appa, this is Kim Jongin. Kai." Ye Na told them. 

"Oh!" Dongwook exclaimed. "Kai!" He pointed. 

Kai's eyes widened. "Coach!" 

"You're Ye Na's boyfriend??" Dongwook exclaimed in utter shock. 

"Uh...neh." Kai gulped. Would Dongwook see through the joke?? 

"Well I'll be damned." Dongwook chuckled and lightly slapped Kai on the back. 

"Oh yeah I forgot oppa was on your team." Ye Na said to Dongwook. Kai forced out a nervous laugh and nodded. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"So Kai..." Mr. Lee opened his dangerous mouth as he moved his spoon around in his jjampong. 

Kai swallowed his noodles and wiped his mouth. "Neh?"

"Are you going to propose to Ye Na?" Mr. Lee asked him in his most serious tone. Ye Na spat out the coke she had been drinking and began coughing from the shock. 

"N- neh?" Kai began flustered from the sudden question and began patting Ye Na on the back.

"Yeobo!" Mrs. Lee warned with irritaion. 

"Its just a question!!"  He argued back innocently. 

"Appa!" Ye Na glared at him. 

 

"Cant I ask him?? I wanna make sure he's actually commited and not just playing around!" Mr. Lee defended his actions. His statement hit Kai right in the stomach, and hard too. He suddenly didnt feel like eating anymore. 

Becuase Mr. Lee was right. Kai wasnt commited. He really was playing a joke on Ye Na, and that made him sick. he felt like such a douche bag because for the past couple of days, he began to doubt his actions. He had gotten to know Ye Na more and more and with every piece of knowledge he gained about her, Tiffanys statement seemed worse and worse. She was the nicest person he had ever met, so thoughtful and caring. 

Ye Na would never hurt a fly, let alone a person. He was sure of it. 

But then he didnt know where Tiffany came up with her argument. He knew she would never lie to him...right?

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Ye Na and Dongwook brought the cake and cookies to the table and began cutting slicing. "Whats your favorite ice cream flavor Kai?" Mr. Lee asked. 

"Vanilla." Kai answered as he passed a slice and a few cookies to Ye Na on a plate. 

"Oh so you dont like chocolate? We got it thinking you would like it." Mr. Lee raised an eyebrow.

"Oh aniyo! I like chocolate too! I love it!" Kai shook his hands defensively, cursing at himself for being so stupid. 

"Yeah, uh-huh. Sure you do." He saracastically nodded his head. 

"Uh..." Kai helplessly looked at Ye Na for help. She had had enough of this. 

"Ok well I think its time for you to go now." Ye Na got up and pulled Kai along with her. 

Mr. Lee shoved a fork-full of cake into his mouth and watched them walk away. "But we were having so much fun!!" He looked at Mrs. Lee who shook her head in dissappointment. 

"No wonder my mother didnt like you." She sighed and began cleaning up the table causing Dongwook to snicker. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"I am so sorry about that." Ye Na closed the door as they stood on the front porch of her house. "I told my dad not to talk but he just never listens to me." 

Kai chuckled. "Its fine. Dads are gonna be dads." He shrugged as they stood in the cold November air. Ye Na slightly smiled. Kai glanced up and looked at her. Ye Na's hands were tucked into the frong pocket of her mint green sweater, he would see the white air coming out of as she breathed. 

"Ye Na..." He softly called. Ye Na looked up and locked eyes with him. "You said you never had your first kiss right?" He quietly asked. Ye Na immediately formed a lump in , all she could was slightly nod. Kai knew he would regret this but he couldnt help it. His hands slowly reached up to her face. "Would it be okay...if I was your first kiss?" He asked, breathing out hot air. Their faces were close enough that Ye Na could feel it. 

 

"Oh my god, we're letting our daughter go out with a guy like that?!" Mr. Lee hissed to Mrs. Lee in a whisper. Their ears were pressed against the doors trying to hear their daughters conversation. "Im pretty sure I used that line on you!"

"Shut up!" Mrs. Lee whacked him on the head. "This is too sweet..." She bit her lip as she listened. 

 

 

Ye Na couldnt say anything because she was too frozen. Kai's full lips came closer and closer and Ye Na practically died when she felt the first bit of contact. He placed his soft lips on hers. They both closed their eyes as he kissed her, lovingly and deeply. She had dreamt about having the perfect kiss but this was better than she would have ever thought. 

The cold air vanished and Kai felt warm inside. Not hot, but warm. He felt love. 

 

 

 

Hey guys! So i made some changes to the story (nothing major.) like I changed the made up Ara, to the actual Kim Sae Ron. Idk why, i just thought she would make a better little sister and since Ara is one of the bigger minor characters, i thought there should be a face for her. So she's in the forward if you dont know who kim sae ron is ^^

And I also took out Sunny from SNSD, and replaced her with Kang Sora and Yoon Bomi. (they're in the forward too) 

So they werent major changes, just thought i'd let you guys know!

Tell me what you think about Kai and his dilema lol in the comments! i wanna know your guys comments and thoughts on this. do you like it? is it going too fast? too slow? are there things that you guys thought that i shouldve wrote better? I dont mind constructive criticism!

please tell me all of your thoughts below because thats what helps me to become a better writer (:

make sure to leave lots of lovely comments, to subscribe, and it would be great if you guys upvoted as well..hehehe. until my next update my beloved frends! ~sasha unnie <3