3 days.

Socks and Fate

Entry # 61

 

It has been a week since I made a move.

It has been 4 years since I had a crush on a guy named Byun Baekhyun.

And I think it’s about time that I should confess, but what if he rejects my feelings?

 

I’m playing ‘Stay With Me’ right now.

 

I think I’m going crazy, was that really necessary to write down?

 

That’s it, I’m done for today.

 

-Chanyeol, 2014

 

 

Chanyeol closes his journal with an audible sigh as he switches the lights of his room off, leaving only a lampshade on.

 

“What’s with the depressed sigh?” A voice from the darkness of his room calls.

 

“WHAT THE ACTUAL—KIM JONGIN!” Chanyeol was quick to scramble off of his bed, patting his own chest.

 

“I’m not that scary, Yeol.” Jongin states, following a snort.

 

“You should at least send me a text message or something. What do you want anyways?”

 

But instead of responding, Jongin snatches Chanyeol’s journal from his grip and flips through the pages in a swift.

 

“It has been 4 years since I had a crush on a guy named Byun Baekhyun---“

 

“JONGIN!” Chanyeol throws a pillow at Jongin but the latter dodges it as if he saw it coming.

 

“Why don’t you just tell him? And then ask him to date you? Is it that hard?”

 

“Woah, woah. Too much questions for a slow guy.”

 

Chanyeol heaves a sigh and continues speaking, “First of all, I’m scared.”

 

Jongin fakes a puking action, “Is this one of those cliché cheesy lines where the actor is like saying, ‘I’m scared, hug me’” Jongin hugs himself to portray his monologue.

 

“I’m just scared he might not like me back.” Chanyeol sits on his bed, slouching like a sloth.

 

“Oh please, you’re Kim Jongin’s best friend. What could go wrong?” Jongin proudly says as he nudges Chanyeol in his arm.

 

Chanyeol snorts and wraps himself with his comforter. “Good Night, Jongin.”

 

“Good Night, hyung. I’ll be sleeping in the guest’s room!”

 

-------

 

“Okay, so you have 3 days before the big day. Everything’s in place except this.” Jongin explains and points at a certain sentence in his ‘List of Things to Do for Chanyeol’s confession’.

 

#6 Convince Do Kyungsoo to be part of the plan so Chanyeol will know if everything will fail anyways.

 

“I don’t know if I can help you out with this one, this one’s tough.” Jongin exhales.

 

“You’re Park Chanyeol’s best friend. What could go wrong?” Chanyeol laughs out loud at the words that he backfired at Jongin.

 

 

“Everything would go wrong.” Jongin’s smirk is present again.

 

Gosh dang it.

 

I lose again.

 

Chanyeol gave himself that time to have a mini conversation with himself before he convinces himself that he NEVER ever wins when it comes to Jongin.

 

“Hi guys! What big day? What are we talking about?”

 

Why do you always have to show up in the worst timings?

 

“Guys?” Baekhyun repeats, as all he got was Jongin running away and a Chanyeol who just seems to be standing there, lost in his own world.

 

 

“Oh, that big day? It’s actually about a game in the whole university. Heh.” Chanyeol reasons out.

 

“Yeah? That’s awesome!” Baekhyun hyperly responds.

“Yeah, so are you doing something on Thursday?” Chanyeol tries to act cool.

 

“Hm? I’ll check and then I could send you a message later.” Baekhyun smiles and nods.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Wait are you asking me on a date?” Baekhyun teasingly asks.

 

“Yes.”

 

“What? Really?”

 

“WAIT WHAT? NO! I MEAN- IT’S NOT REALLY A DATE, I MEAN, WE’RE NOT DATING OR SOMETHING. HEHE.”

 

 

“Mmmhhmm.” Baekhyun hums as he walks ahead of Chanyeol.

 

“Hey Baek!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun turn their heads in unison.

 

Luhan was running towards them.

 

Hey, he looks familiar.

 

He’s your best friend’s ex-boyfriend you retard.

 

Baekhyun blinks as he processes who this blond was.

 

“Remember me? I’m the one who hit your best—“

 

“You’re his ex, yes.”

 

Luhan blinks as his heart drops.

 

“How’d you know?”

 

“He is my best friend after all.” Baekhyun forces a smile.

 

Baekhyun hated how Luhan treated his bestfriend, making Sehun love him and then leave him.

 

Baekhyun knows that Sehun deserves nothing else but the best things and the best people in his life.

 

And Luhan was obviously not one of them.

“Can I talk to you for awhile?” Luhan tries to look at Baekhyun(who is avoiding the blonde’s gaze.)

 

“Can’t, I’m busy right now. Plus, it would be really rude if I leave my friend Chanyeol here, right? Leaving someone is really disrespectful and just mean.”

Baekhyun faces Luhan as he talks.

 

Luhan knew exactly what Baekhyun was trying to say.

 

“Baekhyun, please.”

 

“Maybe next time, when you realize that he was the best thing that ever happened to you.”

 

Luhan halts in his tracks, letting Baekhyun and Chanyeol walk ahead.

 

-----

 

Chanyeol had absolutely no idea.

 

What just happened?

Who was that?

And why is Baekhyun so angry at him?

He couldn’t be his ex-boyfriend, right?
 

RIGHT?

 

“Is he your ex-boyfriend?” Chanyeol finally blurts out the question, expecting an answer that he would fear the most.

 

“You’re embarrassing, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun laughs as he shakes his head in disbelief. “You really think he would be my type?”

 

“Well--- I don’t know. What’s your type?” Chanyeol asks as they were sitting down under a tree.

 

It was three in the afternoon, and Chanyeol just enjoyed that Baekhyun took him to a walk around the campus and ended sitting under a tree.

 

It’s… romantic.

 

“Park Chanyeol, are you invading my privacy?” Baekhyun laughs and nudges Chanyeol.

 

“Hmmm. First in the list would be, someone tall.”

 

Oh hell yeah.

 

“Second, someone who plays the guitar.”

 

I have to learn that in 3 days.

 

“But really, as long as I love that person, then I guess that’s it.”

 

WHAT-

 

IT DOESN’T WORK LIKE THAT!

 

I DON’T THINK I CAN MAKE YOU LOVE ME. ;__________;

 

“What about you, Chanyeol?”

 

“Uummm..”

 

Think of something not too obvious—

 

People who hangs their clothes outside their classroom and leaves their sock in the bathroom.”

 

You’re really hopeless.

 

What?” Baekhyun laughs out loud, hiding his blush in his laughter. Of course, he knew what Chanyeol meant.

 

“I didn’t mean it like that-“

 

“It’s okay, I get it. You have a weird taste.” Baekhyun sympathetically pats Chanyeol’s arm.  

 

Sometimes, Chanyeol wonders if Baekhyun was too smart that he couldn’t figure out pick-up lines.

 

Or if Baekhyun was just really good at acting, as if he never understood what Chanyeol meant.

 

 

A.N.

Shoutout to ninyanggee, this chapter is for you! :)

 

Thanks for subscribing! :D

 

I’ll be updating soon since there will be a holiday.  HUEHUEHE

-Arrniieee :)