Confessions, Secrets, and Answers.

Socks and Fate

Chanyeol stirs unconsciously, letting his arms search for the vibrating thing that’s disturbing his sleep.

 

He finally finds his phone and sees 10 new messages.

 

One from Oh Sehun.

 

“Good Luck.”

 

One from Do Kyungsoo.

 

“Chanyeol-ssi, Good Luck! :D”

 

And 8 from..

 

 

Jongin.

 

WAKE UP SLEEPING BEAUTY.”

 

“LET’S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.”

 

“TO DEFEAT THE HUNS.”

 

“HUWAAAA!”

 

“MISTER I’LL MAKE A MAN OUT OF YOU.”

 

“OH WAIT YOU’RE GAY. HAHAHAHAHHAH”

 

“NO SERIOUSLY.”

 

“EVERYTHING’S READY.”

 

“Wow—“

“Just… wow.”

 

Chanyeol isn’t confused, he’s rather… moved.

 

He never thought that Baekhyun’s friends would send him those messages (he forgets about Jongin’s 8 messages for now), it gave him a sense of boost of confidence.

 

Chanyeol’s day started off better than expected.

 

Today, he is going to confess his love, for the love of his life, and he’s gonna ask him to be his. For real.

 

Chanyeol was ready by the time phone revealed “6:30 A.M.” on it.

 

The walk to his school was bright; the sun seemed to shine even brighter, bringing a really happy mood.

He even thinks that everybody is as happy and excited yet nervous as him.

 

Even Math class was great for him.

 

----

 

Chanyeol notices that Baekhyun wasn’t with Taeyeon the whole morning, even during lunch.

But Baekhyun seems to be just as happy, joking with Kyungsoo and studying.

 

This could be a good sign, right?

 

Chanyeol can’t help but smile while thinking about how Baekhyun would be his if he accepts his feelings later.

 

“What the fck is he thinking about this time?” Jongdae whispers to Jongin.

 

“I think he’s daydreaming. Or probably just thinking about .”

 

Jongdae snorts and rolls his eyes.

 

 

 

“So I thought about buying a new Gucci since there’s this huge sale next week.” Tao sits on the free chair across Jongin.

 

Tao, A.K.A the Panda Gucci Monster, he has this natural eyebags and he thinks he’s some panda. He always has his black hair but dyes it every once in awhile.

And the worst thing: He’s sassy as hell.

 

“If you’re indirectly asking us to shop with you, it’s a no—“

 

“I’ll buy you guys pizza afterwards.” Tao grins, he always knows his friends’ weakness.

 

“It’s a deal.”

 

“So what’s this doing? He’s been staring at that Baekhyun guy for ages, it’s actually creepy. It’s like he’s ually harassing him in his thoughts.”

Tao snickers as he takes a bite of salad.

 

“I can still hear you.” Chanyeol turns to look at Tao.

 

“Oh, good. Welcome back to Earth, Yeol.” Jongin comments.

 

-----

 

4:30 P.M.

 

“Please be good to me, fate.” Chanyeol inhales deeply as he fixes his own sleeves.

 

Chanyeol is carrying balloons.

And the plan is of course, Kyungsoo drags Baekhyun to the place where he’s going to confess his love.

 

And there would be one place that everyone would think is the most romantic place: The Rooftop.

 

“You can do this, I have a complete and utter faith in you.” Jongin says as he massages Chanyeol shoulders like what coaches do to their boxer players.

 

“Jongin, what the hell.” Chanyeol sighs.

 

Sehun pops out of nowhere afterwards. “They’re coming.”

 

Chanyeol nods. “Okay, I’m ready.”

 

And as Sehun said, the door on the rooftop opens, revealing a grinning Kyungsoo and a confused Baekhyun.

 

“What are we doing— Chanyeol? What are you— Kyungsoo, what is this?”

 

Kyungsoo nods at Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun gets the message and they fall in line behind Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun blinks repeatedly. And there were a lot of things running through his mind.

 

This can’t be happening, right? ; u ;

 

Is he—

 

OHMYGGGOOOOOODDDDDDD.

 

SCREAAAAMMSSSSSS.

 

MY POOR HEART, OH GOD.

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol starts and Baekhyun thinks he’s going crazy, he wants Chanyeol to hurry up and say what he has to say because Baekhyun might die in a heart attack.

 

“Excuse me, but my friend over here wants to know if you think I'm cute.” Chanyeol points at Jongin and he swears he could hear Jongin snicker and smack his face at his fail pick-up line.

 

Baekhyun laughs, “Yes, Chanyeol. I think you’re cute.”

 

Chanyeol smiles and continues, “Byun Baekhyun, I have noticed you since the day you stepped inside our classroom 3 years ago, I don’t know why I never got the guts to talk to you, maybe because you were too perfect.”

 

Baekhyun interrupts his speech with a short laugh and followed it with a, “I’m not perfect, Chanyeol.”

 

“Let the guy finish, Baek.” Sehun rolls his eyes.

 

“As I was saying, you were always there, and I thought that it was better to look at you from the distance but as soon as you talked to me that moment I saw your sock, I had came to the conclusion that it’s better to look at you close, because… you’re so damn handsome.”

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

“Baekhyun, I don't think you understand how important it is for me to hear the sound of your voice everyday.”

 

“Everytime you have this new boyfriend or girlfriend, I always look at the bright side that you’re happy, then I’m happy. But this year, everything’s going to change.”

 

“Yeol..”

 

“Byun Baekhyun, I am…

 

 

crazy, deeply, no strings attached in love with you.”

 

Baekhyun can’t help it, he feels that with what Chanyeol is doing, he feels so loved and cherished; he feels like… heaven.

 

Baekhyun can feel that his smile is reaching from ear to another ear.

 

“So I’m asking you that.. maybe you… would umm..”

 

Chanyeol turns his head to look at his friends lining up behind him.

 

Jongin was first to raise his paper, “Will”

Followed by Sehun, “You”

Next is Kyungsoo, “Be”

 

Chanyeol walks towards Baekhyun as he gives him the balloons and raises his paper in front of Baekhyun, “Mine?

 

“If you say yes, we could go on dates and then maybe we could make out—“

 

“Okay.”

 

“What?”

 

“Yes, we could go on dates and maybe a maybe on the make out.” Baekhyun laughs and shakes his head.

 

------

 

A.N. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I AM SO SORRY THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SWEET.

 

IS IT???

 

I WAS LIKE TRYING TO MAINTAIN ITS SCHOOL THEME SO YEAH, THAT’S WHY IT ENDED UP WITH THAT.

 

I’M SO SORRY.

 

BYE.

 

-Arrniieee :)