Sock Man?

Socks and Fate

A moment of silence for the reunion of two people.

But it wasn't the reunion Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were expecting.

Sehun ran, as fast as he could after getting hit with a ball, and seeing his God knows who what's his relationship with him.

And as an unwritten bestfriend rule, Baekhyun followed Sehun's fast running. Leaving a blinking Kyungsoo, not knowing what to do.

 

"SEHUN! WHAT THE HECK? GET OVER HERE!"

Baekhyun received nothing in response. Just a non-stop running Sehun.

Baekhyun gives up on following his bestfriend, he was out of breath, and he was tired.

 

"Sock Man? Oh heeeyyy!"

Apparently, all the running led him to the gym.

Of all the places in the university, it just had to be the gym?

And meet him again?

Why are you doing this to me.

"Uhhh. Are you talking to me?" Baekhyun points at himself.

Chanyeol laughs out loud and points at Baekhyun accusingly. "Of course! I returned your sock-"
"Those weren't mine." Baekhyun defends himself.

"Oh, I mean, I returned the sock that I thought was yours."  Chanyeol grins.

"So you're just gonna call me Sock Man, then?" Baekhyun blinks and hides his screaming heart inside. The thought of his own crush giving him a nickname was driving him insane.

"I think it's cute. As cute as how you're smiling and blinking right now." Chanyeol smiles proudly, pink shades on his own cheeks were starting to appear.

Baekhyun was not sure if he heard it right. He coughs purposely. "Hm? Perhaps you're just hungry that you think I'm cute." He laughs nervously.

"Nah, wanna grab some milktea?" Chanyeol suggests.

"You could be a serial killer." Baekhyun jokes.

"There's always that possibility, but trust me. It's great to have a murderer as a friend." Chanyeol jokes back and laughs hard.

Baekhyun shakes his head and agrees anyways.

"I'll go get my things first. Left my clothes hanging outside a classroom, remember?" Baekhyun's eyesmile was clear.

That's the most adorable thing on earth.

HELP.

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun's face. His cheeks starts to heat up at the sight.

PARK CHANYEOL, SAY SOMETHING!

OHH-- WAIT WHAT-

I believe he just accepted that you guys go on a date. You're really dumb for a giant. You should be thankful you have a smart brain like me.

Ugh.

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun tilts his head.

"Huh? Oh! Uhhh, yeah. So it's a yes?" Chanyeol's hopes were rising like there's no tomorrow.

Baekhyun chuckles. "Yeah, friendly hangout. I'll be right back." He waves at Chanyeol, running off to probably tell Kyungsoo and scream it off like a crazy fangirl.

 

-----

"HE JUST ASKED ME OUT!"

"I think he just wants to hangout, Baek. You're overreacting. And you sound like a seal, you even look like one with all that clapping you're doing." Kyungsoo's expression was unreadable. Baekhyun didn't care though. He was overjoyed.

"BUT I DIDN'T BRING ANY DECENT CLOTHES WITH--"

Baekhyun was cut off with a flick on his forehead.

"It's a friendly hangout." Kyungsoo snorts and rolls his eyes heavenwards.

"You're just loveless." Baekhyun smirks and looks at Kyungsoo proudly.

"I have Joonmyun."

"Who doesn't even show you any interest. Kyungsoo please, it's obvious that he's into that Lay guy. You're fantasizing over your crush too much." Baekhyun pats his bestfriend's shoulder.

"But the way he looks at me-"
"Jongin looks at you better than him."
"Why would you say that?" Kyungsoo clutches his chest dramatically.

"Because I think you and him are made for each other."

"You're weird, Byun. Sometimes I wonder why we're still friends." Kyungsoo laughs and pushes Baekhyun. "Go nooowww. You still have your 'date'."

Baekhyun turns red as a tomato at the word 'date'.

-----

"WWOOAAHH! You like singing? I never knew you were interested in that." Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol in awe as he takes a sip on his own milktea.

"I am, but I guess singing doesn't like me back. I guess I'll just stick to rapping and guitar-playing. What about you? Tell me about yourself." Chanyeol leans in closer, resting his own arms on the table as he draw his face closer to Baekhyun, giving him his undivided attention.

"Uuumm. There's nothing much really to tell. I went to some school with a great academic background since I was in grade school and high school."

"No, not that kind of story. Tell me about you. Your hobbies. Your sports. Your interests, your dreams in life." Chanyeol grins at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun clears his throat.

"Oh, uum. I love music, you probably don't even realize I'm taking up music course---

"I knew that." Chanyeol interrupts. "Just never heard you sing before."

"Well, I'm kinda shy when it comes to performing. The only people who hears me sing is probably my parents and Sehun and Kyungsoo, of course." Baekyun was nodding at his own statement.

"Would you give me a chance if I told you I wanted to hear you sing?"
Baekhyun blinks. He doesn't know what to say. "Uuhhh..."

"Hhhmm?"
"I'll think about it. If you give me enough proof you're not a serial killer, I think I could give you a shot." Baekhyun shrugs.

"Looking forward to that." Chanyeol grins.

Baekhyun smiles. "Umm. I like to study as well, it's like, I can't sleep if I don't study."
"And then I have this crazy dream that I want to travel around the world, with the person I want to spend my whole life with.....

Baekhyun continous to blabber about things he would want to do in his life.

Chanyeol's ear were blocked when his eyes landed on Baekhyun's lips. 

Oh God, your lips are so perfect.

Chanyeol, you are  a ert. I thought you said you wanted to get to know him better? Why are you staring at his lips like that?

It's so precious. It looks like it probably tastes like strawberry.

Chanyeol was having this little argument with his brain going around his own head.

"Chanyeol? Am I talking too much? You're not saying anything." Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol, getting a little uncomfortable with Chanyeol's stare.

"Does your lips taste like strawberries?"

"What?"

-------

A.N.

Don't worry, I'll post the next chapter in a couple of hours. :)

~Arrniieee