Chapter 7

Psycho [Indefinite Hiatus]

The doorbell rang throughout the house. Yura would have stayed on her bed a while longer but it wouldn't stop ringing. It was annoying and it was triggering Yura's migraine. Earlier that morning, she received three separate packages from Sehun, a bloody knife, a left hand and a letter made with his own blood saying that she should not let anyone hurt her. She hid the letter and she immediately washed the knife. From that moment on, she knew that someone died. She did not know exactly who died but she knew that it was a woman, judging from the hand. In panic, she turned to her dog to feed it with the hand but the dog just growled at her so she just hid it under her bed. She wanted to hide in her house for the whole day but the doorbell wouldn't stop ringing.

With a groan, she stood up and opened the door. "Inspector Choi..." She furrowed her eyebrows in surprise, seeing the inspector, who was one of the investigators when Luhan died, in front of her house together with two more detectives.  Suddenly, she was scared. Why was he here again? Did Jongdae die? No, that was not possible. It could not me possible. Sehun wouldn't do that, right? But who was she kidding? Sehun killed Luhan before, why did she think that the boy would not do anything bad to Jongdae? 

She suddenly found herself shaking but she managed to give the inspector a smile. "Is there anything that you need?" She asked in a soft yet calm voice despite being so scared. She knew that worrying about things so much would not do her any good. But here she was, worrying even though Inspector Choi had not spoken a word yet. A chill was sent down her spine when Inspector Choi finally spoke up.

"Good morning, Ms. Byun Yura. These two guys beside me are officers as well. Police officer Wu Yifan and Detective Kim Joonmyun. We're here to investigate." Inspector Choi explained and the two officers showed their badges. "May we enter your house, miss?" Inspector Choi asked. "We have to talk to you and we have to inspect your house for any evidences that we can find."

"E-excuse me?" Yura stuttered out her reply. She looked somewhat scared. Deep inside, she really was scared. What had happened? What was going to happen? She worried about those things. "W-what did you say?" She asked, her voice was trembling and so were her hands despite her trying to keep herself from shaking too much. "Why do you need to inspect my house? What happened?"

"I guess we have no other choice but to tell you then." Inspector Choi sighed, ruffling his hair. "Mrs. Kim Jina, Mr. Kim Jongdae's mom, was found dead in her condominium unit. The culprit was smart enough to not leave any clues but it seems like he wants to get caught because he left a letter made of Mrs. Kim's own blood..." He trailed off, seeming to comprehend whether he was going to continue or not. He did not seem to want to ccontinue.

Yura looked appalled. She did not expect that. She already knew that Sehun could kill but she was more than surprised to hear that Sehun killed Mrs. Kim.  What's worse was that he even sent her the hand that had slapped her the previous day. "In the letter... what's written in it?" She asked even though a big part of her did not want to know what was in it. She was scared.

"It's not something that we can disclose to civillians." Yifan replied for Inspector Choi. "Your role is to just let us in and let us investigate." He added.

"I have the right to know if you're going to investigate in my house." Yura firmly said even though she felt really fragile at the moment. It was the only thing that she could do right now. If they were to find the letter of Sehun to her, they would surely arrest the boy. As foolish as it may have sounded, Yura kept the letter of Sehun, the one that was written using the blood of the boy, because it strangely made her feel happy. As obsessive at it may have sounded, that letter made her heart skip a beat.

"Then, we'll tell you." Detective Joonmyun spoke up. "It says to stay away from Yura, the woman that he loved. According to some witnesses, Mrs. Kim slapped you across the face yesterday." He explained. "We want to know details about that."

"Are you suspecting me?" Yura had a look of disbelief written all over her face as she pointed at herself. "Well, sorry because I wouldn't kill anyone just because of that. That, itself, is not a strong evidence." She said, suddenly finding courage to give out reasons. Strangely, she had more courage because she was the suspect. She was gladder than she was worried. She was glad that Sehun was not suspected. She was foolish and obsessive and she knew that.

"No." Inspector Choi answered. "The culprit is someone who loves you. We suspected that the one who killed Mrs. Kim was also the one who attacked Kim Jongdae and killed Luhan." He added.

Then, just in a second, Yura's world came crumbling down once again. "W-who? Who are you suspecting then? Who do you think is the culprit?" She bravely asked. It was possible that it was Sehun. She should do something. She should protect Sehun by all means.

"Your ex-boyfriend, Mr. Oh Sehun." Yifan replied. "Now that we told you, we need you to tell us all of the informations that you can give about Oh Sehun. If you have a contact with him, you should also tell us. Tell us everything that you know and anything can be used against him in the court." He explained.

Yura was panicking deep inside but outside, she was just taking a deep breath. She should do something so that Sehun would not get arrested. But what? What should she do? How can she do something? In her head, she was already apologizing to Sehun. She was not able to protect him and she was so sorry. She could not protect him unless... unless no warrant was issued yet. "Do you... do you have a warrant yet?"

"No, we don't. But if you're able to tell us informations and willing to cooperate, then we can get a warrant and arrest him as soon as possible." Detective Joonmyun and the other two males did not know and did not understand how those words made Yura happy. It simply meant that they would have no right to barge in the house and see the evidences. Yura could not get any happier.

"Then, I won't let you in. You need a warrant to enter my house." Yura said. "You cannot just accuse Sehun of killing and attacking people without enough evidences!" She added. Her orbs showed that she was panicking already.

"Not exactly." Yifan said. "Do you really believe that Oh Sehun is innocent, Ms. Byun Yura?" He asked.

"Of course." Yura confidently replied. "Why would Sehun even do something as cruel as that?"

"You believe that he is innocent..." Inspector Choi trailed off. "Is that why you did not file a report against him stalking you and against the letter that he sent to you using his own blood several days ago?" He asked.

Yura froze right on her spot. How on Earth could the police know that? Yura did not say anything about it to anyone, not even to Baekhyun. What was happening? Couldn't the floor just swallow her alive so that she would get out of all these troubles? But life was not like that. "W-what are you talking about?" She asked, breathing heavily. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"It doesn't have anything to do with everything so why are you so scared of letting us search your house?" Inspector Choi asked. "Are you, perhaps, expecting us to see an amputated hand here?" He looked so serious while saying that and it made Yura shiver. What did that officer know? What did they know about the crimes that Sehun committed? Yura was scared. For the umpteenth time that month, Yura was terrified once again.

"Yura, let them in." Much to Yura's surprise, Baekhyun arrived. He looked so unhappy yet he looked like he was looking forward to something. He was hard to read, just like a book that was written in a completely different language. "I'm the one who invited them here."

"You?" Yura could not believe her ears. She thought Baekhyun would have at least waited for her to decide on her own. But no. Instead, he went and told the police to search the house. However, the question was how did Baekhyun know about the letter and how did the police even know about the left hand of Mrs. Kim being inside the house. "Why did you even do that?"

"I received a text message saying that a hand was sent here. I think Sehun's the one who texted me. I immediately reported it to the police." Baekhyun simply replied. "If you don't let them in, wouldn't that make you have a complicity to the murder as you keep on trying to hide who the murderer is."

"But Sehun is not the murderer!" Yura pointed out. "How can you even call him a murderer?"

"People saw him outside the hospital, watching you. That, alone, is a good reason for him to be suspected.Also, if he were sending those letters to you, that makes him the top suspect." Joonmyun explained.

"I sent them the letter that Sehun gave you." Baekhyun told Yura. "The more you try to cover up for Sehun, the more suspicious he becomes. Let them in and don't protest anymore. It will be a better choice. I'm sure that if Sehun is really not the killer, then, no evidence is enough to convict him."

Yura nodded her head, slowly. In her head, she tried protecting Sehun but she knew that her body can do nothing to help herself or Sehun. Once again, she was scared. Like a kitten trapped in the middle of a forest, she was lost and scared.

 

Baekhyun lied. There was no better choice. Now, Yura was stuck watching Sehun being arrested and called for questioning. To make the long story short, the police officers found the hand and the letter and immediately, they called a back-up. Yura would also be questioned but Sehun would be the only one to be arrested. It was not fair. Sehun could not even protest.

"I did not kill anybody." Sehun told Yura as the police officers were arresting him. "Believe me, Yura." His eyes were pleading as if he were telling the truth but no one belived in him. He was like a kid who was framed for stealing another kid's biscuit when he did nothing.

"I believe you, Sehun." Yura said. But no, she did not. She believed that Sehun was the killer but she still could not let Sehun to be arrested. Sehun's life would be ruined because of her. She did not want that. She did not want to be the reason why Sehun's life was miserable. She should do something. But what? But what should she do? Then, gave Sehun a small smile of assurance. "I'll do something, don't worry." She assured the boy. Her insides were churning as she could not manage to see the boy like that. More than anyone, she was upset.

 

Dressed in a pure black clothing, Yura made sure that she was not that suspicious. Baekhyun was fast asleep because of the sleeping pills that she made him drink. Yura was sorry but it was the only way for her to be able to leave the house. She wore gloves and took the knife that she had sharpened. It's now or never. She had to decide. She started this mess. She would also stop this mess. She would help Sehun prove his innocence then she would mend their relationship. Maybe by then, Sehun would stop killing people. Yes, that's right, that's what she's going to do. For other people, what she's doing was a foolish choice but they would never understand Yura. Sehun was obsessed with her, sure. But she, too, was obsessed with Sehun. They're both obsessive, so what? Yura could not live without Sehun. She just realized how she secretly enjoyed the times that Sehun was watching her. She's going to have her Sehun back, one way or another. Sehun was hers just like how she was his.

 

Yura was trembling as she slowly approached Yifan, the police officer. She contacted that policeman to meet her at an alleyway that night, saying that she found something more about the crime. To prove Sehun's innocence, she needed that police's life. If someone, who was involved with the case, died while Sehun was still in the custody of the police, then that would mean that another person was the killer. That's exactly what she was planning to do. She planned on creating another killer who would kill a police officer. Maybe, that way, the police would let Sehun go home even just for a day. Then, both of them would live far, far away and would never appear in front of anyone ever again. She was sorry but she had no other choice. She wanted to have her happy ending with Sehun and no one could stop that. As Sehun always told her, they control their own fate. Yura was planning to manipulate her fate with Sehun. Nothing could stop her anymore. "Mr. Wu Yifan, thank you for coming." She said in her shaking voice, gripping the knife that she was hiding on her back.

"Ah, yes." Yifan nodded in acknowledgement. "So, what is it that you know about the case, Ms. Byun Yura? I'm surprised that you're not trying to defend your ex-boyfriend now." He said.

"I'm surprised that a police officer can talk to a civillian like that." Yura snarkily replied.

Yifan was taken aback with Yura's reply but he cleared his throat. "Anyway, what is the reason why you asked me to meet you? What did you find out?"

"I..." Yura trailed off before purposely dropping a ballpen on the floor, letting in roll over Yifan's foot. "Can you please pick that up for me?" She asked.

Yifan furrowed his eyebrows before stooping down to pick up the ballpen without even suspecting anything. Yura felt bad. The policeman trusted her but she's going to break that trust already. Without thinking twice, she swung the sharp knife in the air and stabbed Yifan's nape. A whimpered cry was heared from the male but it was muffled when Yura stabbed the knife even deeper with all of her strength. She was crying and her hands were trembling. She felt guilty. She felt like a horrible person. Then, she suddenly thought about Yifan's parents. Would they feel bad? Would they cry? Would they long for their son as much as Yura longed for Sehun? She realized, she had done a horrible thing.

"I'm sorry." She cried. "I wasn't planning on doing this but I love Sehun. You'll understand how I feel after you've been in love. I'm sorry, okay?"

"Yura, what are you doing?" Upon hearing that voice, Yura froze.

"Why are you here?" Yura asked. She was doomed. Both of them were doomed.

 


Author's Corner


Author's Note: (Please read. I know most people don't read author notes but please read this one)

I'm back! Yeah, I know, you guys will be like, "Finally after many, many months!" Well, sorry because I've been busy before T_T

Now, I'm back and with better chapters (I guess). In case you did not notice, I edited the other chapters and made them longer. I added many things but they're not really that much of a big deal except for the things that I added in chapter 1. I suggest that you re-readit because it shows how creepy Sehun can be.

Anyway, I'm planning to update sooner now, I promise. But because I'm an author who is addicted to feedbacks, I'll update within one week if I receive 10 comments. Deal? Yeah, deal! (Yes, I'm talking to myself now).

 

Shameless Advertising (This is what I'm good at, okay? Haha...)

Darkness Within - I've been addicted to VIXX these past months and I really like how dark their songs can be. (How come I just started to appreciate them last year? OTL). This is a one-shot collection of dark themed stories inspired by VIXX songs. The updates of this story is fast because I already have one-shots in my draft, waiting to be posted.