Chapter 6

Psycho [Indefinite Hiatus]

Note (4/3/16): This is also an edited chapter. Enjoy reading ^^


Yura went home the night rather exhausted. She had fun playing baseball with Jongdae though. It turned out that the male was now an expert in the said game and wanted to try playing it with her. She was really happy playing with a friend whom she did not see in a long time. For a moment, she had forgotten all the problems that she had and she had forgotten all about Sehun. She was glad.

"Goodbye, Yura!" Jongdae happily bid, waving to Yura as the girl opened the gate to her house.

"Goodbye, Jongdae!" Yura happily waved to her friend before entering her house. Her smile was really big, a sign that she liked hanging out with Jongdae. She did not notice that the guy who was watching from the window was more than agitated. He obviously did not fancy the fact that Yura was smiling at another male. It did not seem pleasant to him.

"Who's that?" She almost jumped when Baekhyun suddenly appeared in front of her. He was glaring at her and she knew that he was angry. Because of what, though? Did she do something that made the boy mad? As far as she knew, she did not even do anything wrong. All she did was to hang out with her friend.

"You scared me." She sighed inwardly, trying to ignore Baekhyun's glare.

"Answer my question, who's that?" Baekhyun snapped, showing that he was, indeed, angry for some reasons that Yura could not even understand.

"Why are you acting like that?" Yura asked, raising her voice a little in annoyance. For some reasons, she was already annoyed of Baekhyun. Maybe it was because seeing the guy would always remined her about what happened to her the past days and how Sehun was slowly ruining his own life. But why Baekhyun? She did not know. She had no idea. She just felt that way. Maybe, she was just looking for someone to get angry with because she did not have the heart to get mad at Sehun. She was controlled and played by Sehun on his palms.

"Look, there's some psycho who just attacked me. Do you think that your little friend would be safe?" Baekhyun asked, looking very frustrated.

Yura had to think twice because of Baekhyun's words. He was indeed right. Even he, her own brother, got attacked. Jongdae would not be safe. How could she be so selfish? She was taken aback because of that. How come she did not even think of that?

"Forget it then." Baekhyun sighed, noticing that Yura froze. "You don't even believe that Sehun would do such thing, right?" He scoffed. His tone was harsh as if he was annoyed by the female's behavior. He was really annoyed. He did not like how foolish Yura could be. He knew no one who could be as foolish and as selfish at the same time. But then, he was just her brother. He had no rights to tell her what to do or what to believe in. "Anyway, I'll be leaving. I have some business to do." He said before walking away.

Yura could only watch as her elder brother walked away. She knew that he was right but it was not thatt she believed that Sehun would not do such thing. It was not because she believed that Sehun was not a cruel person. The sole reason why she remained being foolish and indecisive was because she loved Sehun. Her love for him was like a dream inside of a dream. It was deep that there's no way out, she's afraid.

 

Jongdae jogged to his house that night, smiling, happy that he had reunited with his friend. He was really glad that she had welcomed him happily – at least he believed that she did. He had been gone for a long time and he had never met someone as real as Yura. Luckily, she was a friend of his. Now, he was kind of anticipating what was going to happen. He knew that he was going to get hurt but it seemed like he was ready to get hurt.

"Kim Jongdae." A cold voice stopped him from taking another step. 

Jongdae turned around only to see a familiar guy with a baseball bat on his right hand. Jongdae's smile curved into a smirk. "Long time no see..." He cheekily grinned. He knew exactly what was happening and he had no plans of escaping. He planned on accepting anything that would come on his way.

 

Yura had to rush to the hospital the next morning, hearing the news of Jongdae being beaten up. She knew that she was not supposed to feel so but she felt so guilty even if she kept on telling herself that she should not feel so. Her gut feeling kept on telling her that Sehun was the one at fault. And she did not do anything to stop him at all. In short, she, too, was at fault. In fact, she played a larger role in the crimes that what it appeared to be. If she reported what happened to Luhan right away, these things would not happen. But that thing, she could not do that because she could not do anything that she knew would end up hurting Sehun. All those thoughts made both her head and heart hurt. 

"I'm here to visit Kim Jongdae." Yura kindly told the nurse. She finally stopped trembling but she did not stop being anxious. She was still as worried as she could be.

The nurse smiled before going through some files. "He's in room 306, ma'am." She said politely. 

"Thank you." Yura muttered before running to the room where Jongdae was. Her heart was ringing in her ears and it was drumming so loudly, a sign that she was, indeed, nervous. But was nervous a right way to explain it?

After knocking once, she quickly opened the boy's ward's door. For a moment, Yura saw shock followed by fear crossed the boy's eyes. But he gulped visibly before smiling at her, as if afraid to hurt her feelings.

"Jongdae..." The girl softly called out. Sorry... She wanted to apologize but she could not suddenly say that to him. That would just confuse the boy.

"What are you doing here, Yura? Sorry if I made you worry." Jongdae gave her a kind smile. 

"It's all right." Yura shook her head slightly. "Are you injured badly?"

"I'm fine. Don't worry." Jongdae shook her head, assuring her kindly. It did not make her feel at ease, though. It just made her feel guiltier. She felt even more responsible for the boy's injury.

"I heard that your legs are injured badly. Can you... can you walk?"

Jongdae chuckled bitterly, surprising Yura. "I can't." He said, smiling bitterly. "I can't even join the next baseball game."

Yura's eyes widened in surprise. She never thought that it would be this bad. "I'm sorry. I..." She could not find the right words to say. Was she supposed to kneel down and beg for forgiveness? She did not know.

"Why are you even apologizing, silly? None of this is your fault." Jongdae just replied. He appeared to not know anything but something in his orbs was telling Yura that there was something that he knew. He was just hiding it and he did not want her to blame herself.

Yura felt really bad because of that. Her stomach churned in disgust because of herself. No one was supposed to be blamed but her. She had a brain to use but she never did use it. Was she that much of a fool? Indeed, she was. Her love for Sehun pushed her into the brink of her sanity. She was so desperate ㅡ no ㅡ she was so obsessed with the idea of helping Sehun out by not telling the police officers about them.

P"If not for me, you'll not go home that late, right? No one would have hit you with a baseball bat." She bit her lower lip as she only said the half-truth about why she was apologizing.

Jongdae's eyebrows furrowed. He looked confused. "How did you even know that my legs are badly injured and that I was hit by a baseball bat?"

Yura blinked, seeing Jongdae's reaction. Was she not supposed to know that fact? Was it supposed to be a secrett from her?

"Let me guess, Baekhyun told you?" For a short moment, the male looked appalled but he quickly changed his expression to a carefree one. 

"Are you friends with Baekhyun oppa?" Yura asked, confused. Baekhyun was, indeed, the one who told her. Sure, Baekhyun may have known it because of a call or something but how come Jongdae's reaction was like that?

"Friends?" Jongdae sounded like he wanted to laugh. "If you have forgotten, the three of us had been friends ever since."

That was a lie. Yura and Jongdae were friends but Baekhyun was not really close to Jongdae. Baekhyun had always distanced himself from Jongdae and the former did not even like the latter that much for Jongdae was a boy and Baekhyun did not like Yura's guy friends. What made him say those words now? "Right." Yura forced a smile on her face even if she was really puzzled.

"Yura, you know, it's really boring staying in this ward. Can you help me go to the garden?" Jongdae had always been a big fan of plants, flowers especially. Most people would probably find it weird since he was a guy but Yura understood that Jongdae found an unexplainable comfort because of the plants.

"I'll help you then." Yura agreed without hesitating. "Let me just ask the nurse for assistance."

 

Yura wheeled Jongdae towards the hospital's garden. The said place was filled with flowers of different kinds.

"Damn, I feel so relaxed." Jongdae sighed in content, stretching his arms. "By the way, Yura, where's your brother?"

Hearing that question surprised Yura, why was he even looking for Baekhyun? But then, she had no reason or right to even question that.

"Jongdae--" A familiar voice called, not letting Yura answer Baekhyun's question. "Why are you here?" The warm voice turned cold, noticing Yura's presence. She was obviously not pleased. But how come she's not when she used to love Yura as Jongdae's close friend?

"Mrs. Kim..." Yura bowed as a sign of respect only to later feel a stinging sensation on her cheek. Her head that was once facing the older woman was now facing her side. To put it simply, she was slapped. She was slapped really hard and she did not even have a single idea as to why she was slapped in the first place. Did she do something wrong?

Jongdae looked surprised as well, his face said it all. "Mom, why did you do that?" He asked.

"This girl jinxed you!" Jongdae's mother yelled, earning themselves stares from the other people around them. 

"Jinxed? Mom, have you gone insane?" Jongdae scoffed, as if he could not believe what he was hearing. "I told you that hanging out with feng shui experts such as Mrs. Lu!"

"Jongdae, you know Luhan, right?" Mrs. Kim asked her son. Her voice was a shaky as her hands.

Yura's eyes widened at that. Why did she have to drag Luhan's name into this? 

"Why are you dragging a dead person's name into this mess?" Jongdae gritted his teeth.

"I heard from Mrs. Lu that before her son died, he was with this witch. If it's not planned by her, she must still have been the cause of the poor boy's death. Don't tell me that it's just a coincidence." Mrs. Kim raised a brow at Yura who was busy staring at the ground with a troubled look. 

"That's hilarious." Jongdae spat, annoyed at his own mother. "How can you accuse Yura of something like that?

"Why don't you say something, dear?" Mrs. Kim was still intently glaring at Yura.

"Well, what do you know?!" Yura could not help but to snap. She did not know how to respond. She was afraid that the truth might reveal itself if she spoke up properly. "What do you ing know?! God damn it!" With that, she stormed off. Could they, perhaps, found out about Sehun?

 

A guy was watching from a far without letting anyone notice. He hated how Jongdae's mother talked to his Yura. For him it was a grave mistake. It was a mortal sin. His hands curled into a fist as they tremble, his eyes glaring at the much older woman. Oh, how he wished to kill her on the spot. But that would be a big trouble for him and for his Yura. He would just wait for the right time to take a revenge for his beloved.

His eyes started wandering from left to right. He then saw a very familiar figure, making him chuckle. Then, he knew, he was not the only psycho or stalker. There were two of them.

 


Author's Corner


Author's Note

So, first of all, I really did plan on updating but school had been very cruel to me. I shouldn't have taken all the responsibilities available for me. You see, I have a lot of obligations. For that, I apologize. Secondly, this is an update that I made using my phone so there are probably a lot of typos here and there. Please inform me and I will edit it. Lastly, I am not really satisfied with this chapter. I feel like it's lacking on emotions or is it just me? 

Tell me what you think, guys, on the comment section! ^^