Chapter 2

Our present past

Chapter 2

As the fog started to dissipate I could hear swords clashing with men shouting. What's going on?

With the fog now gone, I looked around me, I could see that I was now on a plain which was turned into a battlefield. Blood and death surrounded me as men were fighting each other to the death. Suddenly a sword was swung at me by a man on a horse, but luckily with my reflexes, I managed to dodge the sword. Reality now hit me as I realised that I would have to arm myself if I want to survive. So I grabbed the nearest sword, which happened to be perfect for my fighting style and just in time as another sword was swung at me which I dodged and quickly disarmed him with my sword before jumping up and hitting him with the back of my sword, knocking him unconscious.

Unfortunately that move led to me then being whisked away by a man on a horse who rode away from the battlefield and towards what looked like a camp for thousands of soldiers. He rode to a big tent at the centre of the camp where he dropped me off, literally, before getting off the horse himself. I took that chance to try and run away but a group of knights blocked me, preventing my escape.

"Bring her in." The man who picked me up commanded, leading to the knights which surrounded me to , more like push, me into the tent behind the man. What fine gentlemen we have here, one dropping me like a sack of potatoes and the others pushing me like some kind of convict. If I hadn't lost my sword when that man swooped in and grabbed me from the battlefield then I would seriously beat these guys up for treating me this way. But then I caught sight of my appearance on one of the men's armour and now I understood why they didn't treat me like a lady. Seeing as I was covered in dirt from being dropped earlier and looked like a mess. But suddenly I felt water being splashed on me from behind to which I shrieked at the coldness.

I quickly looked behind me and glared at whoever splashed me with water, but the man ignored me and walked straight to the man who kidnapped me. The other knights on the other hand were staring at me in awe and were rubbing their eyes as if they were trying to see if this was reality or not. I was confused with their actions until I saw my reflection again on their armour and it seems that the water that was splashed on me had washed out all the dirt that was on my face. I guess now they realise I'm a girl but their reactions are too exaggerated.

"Good job Tao, I was beginning to wonder if I was hallucinating but it seems my eyes were right when I spotted her in amongst the battle." The man who picked me up said to the guy who splashed water on me, before making his way over to me and grabbing me by the chin making me look up to him as he looked at my face.

He stared deeply into my eyes with his hand moving to touch my hair but I slapped his hand away before he could, this led to his guards once again surrounding him while pointing their swords at me. I sighed as I started to stand up, then suddenly one of the Knights swung his sword at me but I dodged the sword quickly as I jumped and flipped through the air before landing cleanly a couple of meters away from their swords so they couldn't attack me. Finally, my training and hard work in self defence and martial arts can be used, seeing as I have no bodyguards around.

"Now, now, why don't you guys calm down. I am in no position to harm whoever that guy is that you are guarding." I said calmly, trying to negotiate with them.

"Hold your tongue when you are in front of the great Wolf King Kyungsoo!" One of the guards shouted earning a whack on the head from Tao who then glared at the now whimpering knight.

Tao then diverted his attention to the supposed 'king' who once again stepped out from his crowd of knights as he looked at me intently "State your name and origin." He commanded arrogantly.

I rolled my eyes, then looked at him and his Knights, and seeing their serious faces I sighed saying sarcastically with a smirk as I curtsied "Greetings to you, your majesty. My name is Kim Taeyeon and I am from the future, living in a country called South Korea."

Kyungsoo ignored the sarcasm as he nodded his head before whispering something with Tao, who nodded in reply, before commanding "Knights! Take this woman to Sunny. Get her ready and change her out of those weird clothes, then bring her to me." The knights then started to close in on me as I stood ready for them, in my fighting stance, there is no way I'm letting them take me anywhere.

"Yah! They aren't going to hurt you, now just hurry up and go." Kyungsoo shouted at me as he shooed me away with his hand. Well I might as well just go, seeing as they haven't done anything yet, plus if they do, I'll kick their butts. I thought with a smirk before following the guards to god knows where.

 Kyungsoo POV

Who is she? She took my breathe away when I first caught sight of her from afar and once again when Tao had splashed water on her, clearing away the dirt and mud that had hidden her beauty. She is dangerous, how did she make me, the king feel this way? She clearly defied me and yet, I'm not angry at all, that smirk that adorned her face as she talked back to me only seemed to charm me even more. Her defiant gaze seemingly pulling me in until she slapped my hand away which is clear treason but the touch of her soft hand only has me craving more of her touch. What is happening to me?

"Sire, are you sure it's okay to let such a woman go unpunished? She clearly defied your authority, I could teach her a lesson.."

"Enough Jongin, no one is to touch that woman." I ordered swiftly, cutting Jongin off. Just the thought of him laying a hand on even one of her hairs had me seething with anger and it seems Jongin got the message as he quickly apologised and left my presence.

"Hmmm, Kim Taeyeon." Just who are you Kim Taeyeon?