Chapter 11

Our present past
Third POV
 
Taeyeon, however, after hearing Kris leave she got up from her sleeping position and wiped the remaining tears from her eyes. Kris's embrace did help her calm down and now that she was calm, she had to find a way to escape from him. 
 
To Taeyeon, Kris was dangerous. Yes she was awake when he gently placed her down on the bed and yes she felt him brush her hair out of her face as he then planted a kiss on her head. It was gentle and caring, emanating warm ness in his handling of her sleeping body. But that was dangerous in itself as she herself has seen Kris's controlling nature and from his actions she knows that if she stays here too long, Kris may just develop feelings for her and those feelings will hinder any chance she has of ever getting back home. He would definitely try and prevent her from leaving no matter the cost, so it's best to leave now before Kris can get his hands on her and possibly keep her by his side forever by force.
 
Taeyeon checked through the crack in between the doors and saw that there were guards at her door, cursing silently at Kris for his precautionary measures. She then went and sat on the bed as she began to think again and then it clicked, she could escape from the window! She immediately went towards the window to find that it was just a stain glass window that doesn't open. So she's stuck in a closed room with a blocked door and a window that doesn't open, now what is she supposed to do?
 
Just then an idea appeared in her head, it might seem crazy since it's from an action movie but it just might work in this situation. Taeyeon crashed the stained glass window that was in her room and hid behind the door that was opened by the guards as they rushed into the room and went to the window to check if the princess had jumped out the window. Taeyeon took this opportunity to run out of her hiding spot and out the door, before shutting and locking the door behind her. She could hear the guards from within the room shouting and trying to open the door but to no avail as it was locked from the outside. 
 
Taeyeon then walked around the castle leisurely as it's different in these times and they have no technology to use to communicate with each other, so it would be a while before anyone would realised she had escaped. Trying to find some way out of the castle without being caught by the night guards who are surrounding the castle and walking on patrol.
 
Taeyeon kept on walking through the large halls and the wide corridors, observing and memorising all the possible exits that are available so that she could later calculate which route would be the best option for her escape and she found that there was a path behind the stables where she could easily follow, riding a horse she is 'borrowing' from the stables. 
 
But before that Taeyeon had to find more suitable clothes to travel in as she was currently only wearing a night gown. She searched through one of the open rooms near the stables and found some riding clothes and gear she could use as well as a hooded cape to keep her warm. Once she had put on her clothes with her boots and cape, she immediately mounted one of the horses in the stable and rode off. 
 
Just in time as well, as she heard shouting coming from the castle with their guards being mobilised to search for her. As she galloped along the path towards her freedom, she saw that a carriage up ahead, heading towards the castle. Taeyeon immediately put her hood on, so as to prevent anyone from seeing her face as she continued to ride on, however she made eye contact with someone in the carriage that had very familiar eyes, but Taeyeon just could not pinpoint exactly who it could be.
 
The person Taeyeon made eye contact immediately stopped the carriage much to Taeyeons surprise as she decided to go faster on her horse, thinking that the people in the carriage may be working with Kris in trying to detain her. 
 
The person who hopped out of the carriage made a dash towards Taeyeon who was galloping off, trying to catch up but to no avail. "Taeyeon?" The person said as they too had a hood on like Taeyeons to which they then removed to reveal that it was the queen, that looked like Taeyeons mother and very well could be at this stage in Taeyeons mind.
 
"But, Princess Taeyeon can't ride a horse by herself?" The Queen questioned as she was bewildered at the sight of the princess galloping off down the lane without effort, as if she were a pro at riding.
 
Then it clicked in the Queens mind, could it be that this is my Taeyeon? Had her Taeyeon finally been snatched from their home and brought here? It turns out that the queen of Arcadia is well and truly Kim Taeyeons mother, Kim Eun Hye. Taeyeon had just missed her chance of confirming and reuniting with her mother.
 
"No, no. I told Heechul to take care of her, there's no way he would ever let her be swept up in that fog and brought here. But then again, why would Princess Taeyeon ride away from the castle, and ride away so swiftly at that." Eun Hye mused as she thought of the possibility that her Taeyeon had been transported here just like she was and had been told in a prophecy that her daughter would be taken to a far off land in a different dimension. Which is how she ended up here as she had tried herself to prevent Taeyeon from being swept away on her 16th birthday and it worked, the only problem being that she was the one who was swept away.
 
"Oh well, if Taeyeon had escaped from the castle it must have been for a good reason and if it was my Taeyeon, I'm sure the only reason she was at the castle was to find me. We will meet eventually." Eun Hye said with a carefree tone as she boarded her carriage once more to be taken to the castle. Having known that Taeyeon would be taken away, Eun Hye had prepared the girl in more ways than one before she was taken away on her 16th birthday, training her under the guise of "fun activities" and "hobbies" they can do together which is why Taeyeon is so skilled at everything. Eun Hye had an enormous amount of pride in her daughter and she knew that one way or another her daughter would find her way to her.
 
"See you soon, Taeyeon ah" Eun Hye whispered to herself as she peered out of the window of her carriage, with a view of the castle up ahead. "See you soon...."
 
Kris POV
 
Where is she? How did she manage to escape? Why did she run? Is it because of my rough handling of her? Is it because I interrogated her harshly to the point of tears? Or was it all just an act she used to buy her some time to escape? I found myself being overcome with rage at my last thought. My emotions were all over the place just thinking about this girl. Just what has she done to me, I'm starting to develop emotions I have never felt before. Anxiety, helplessness, guilt and a new type of anger that is coming from deep within my heart at the thought of her possibly betraying me. And should I say that a new found possessive side to me has awakened at her entrance into my life. Only this new Taeyeon could shake me up like this and I only met her today. 
 
Just as I was lost in my thoughts the doors to the common room that I was in were opened wide as the queen entered, to which I bowed to her so as to show my respect. "Call off the hunt." She commanded much to my surprise, because as far as I know she had just arrived from her trip, so how did she know about my search party for the new Taeyeon?
 
"Uh, y..your majesty, what hunt are you talking about?" I cursed myself for stuttering but tried to play it cool and hopefully she was talking about something else as I feign ignorance.
 
But the queen wasn't going to let me off from this one as she said nonchalantly, "You know, the hunt for my daughter. I'm just telling your to call it off." Before the air in the room suddenly turned cold as she narrowed her eyes on me saying with a final tone "Immediately." Before her face changed back to the one that I am used to which is always graceful and kind.
 
The quick change in tone she showed me made me straighten my back replying "Yes." As I then made my way to the door so as to obey her command. But I was halted before the door as the queen left me to ponder on her words saying "You will get to see her again Kris, my daughter will come to find me soon enough so it's only a matter of time before we see her again so be patient. I know because I'm her mother."
 
After I listened to her words I turned and bowed towards her and took my leave with only one though of suspicion in my mind, 'The Queen seems to know something about this new Taeyeon' and I need to find out what.
 
Taeyeon POV
 
I think I've gotten away from whoever was trying to follow me and made it to some sort of safety. I followed the track I was on until I found a village and an inn to stay in. I was lucky enough to find I had grabbed a cloak that had a sack full of gold coins in its pocket. I paid the innkeeper for my room and for some food to feed my horse, keeping my hood on to cover my face for the fear of being discovered. I immediately took the key from the innkeeper and went to my room, falling onto my bed in exhaustion from my escape. Soon I was swept away into a deep sleep.
 
I must've been dead asleep to not notice that someone had entered my room and lifted me off my bed and into a carriage as the next thing I knew I was whisked away once again, to the last place I would ever want to be, as I woke up the next day in a familiar bedroom, with a very familiar person sitting beside my bed watching over me.
 
I immediately rose to my feet grabbing the sword I saw on the man and was on guard as I glared at the man in front of my with my newly acquired sword pressed against the mans neck. "What am I doing back here?!" I questioned him putting all my raging emotions into the words I spoke against this traitor. Once again I have found myself in the hands of that tyrannical king Kyungsoo and as I know it, I was to be imprisoned once again by this man for who knows what, probably a mere whim of this cruel man.
 
I saw a flicker, no that's an understatement, I saw a wave of grief and regret wash over Kyungsoo in front of me as he watched me being completely hostile towards him. What are these feelings I am seeing in his eyes? Is he faking it? Is he trying to gain my empathy once more so he can betray me once again? 
 
Just what are you planning Kyungsoo?