Chapter 5

Our present past

Chapter 5

Third POV (In the present, just when Taeyeon disappeared)

Key was chuckling at his dorky sister as she skipped down the path which connected their two schools. But suddenly a fog started to build up around Taeyeon, where it soon enveloped Taeyeons petite figure with its blurry mist, much to the dismay of both Key and Taeyeons bodyguards.

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon!" Key shouted as he ran straight into the fog followed by the bodyguards but the fog dissipated as soon as it had appeared, leaving a clear path, with no Taeyeon in sight.

Key dropped to his knees, looking blankly at the place where his sister had just been, skipping around like her usual dorky self. "Taeyeon! If your fooling around it's not funny! Come out now! Come out please...." Key shouted before fainting due to shock. His beloved sister that he and his brother and father had sworn to protect had just disappeared right before his eyes. Her sudden disappearance was too much for him to take.

The bodyguards who had been there quickly took Key and put him in a car to go home before contacting Heechul with a detailed report of what had happened to his sister. The bodyguard had expected to be yelled at for not being able to protect his sister like all the other times he had to report about a slight scratch or bruise Taeyeon had received, but Heechul remained calm and said "Okay, thank you for your hard work." Before hanging up.

However, Heechul was far from calm as he recalled that day that changed their lives forever, especially Taeyeon. It was the sudden disappearance of their mother. It had been Taeyeons sweet 16 birthday and Key had been tasked with the job of occupying Taeyeon while we decorated the rose garden for her surprise party. We had already had her formal 16 birthday party, inviting all our business partners and associates with their families as well as all the elite socialites and celebrities, but now we are going to have a special family birthday party all to themselves.

Heechul and his father had been hanging the 'Happy Birthday' sign on one of the awnings when Heechul realised the fog that was suddenly around them. He turned to see that his mother was now in the middle of the fog and slowly being engulfed in it. Heechul immediately ran to her, sensing something was wrong and grabbed her hand to pull her out of the fog. But he saw his mother just shake her head before saying "Take care of your sister." Before letting Heechuls hand go and being enveloped in the fog.

The fog then disappeared with their mother along with it. Leaving a dumbfounded Heechul and a shocked Jongkook, who could not believe what had just happened to his wife. Now the fog that had swallowed up his mother had now come back for his sister? He was now beyond the shock and pain, Heechul was angry and he wanted to gain some answers, behind this mysterious fog that seemed to target his family.

This time he was prepared as he then contacted his father about what had happened. After he had done that he immediately went into their computer lab to locate the tracking chip they had installed into Taeyeons arm that one time broke her arm when she fell off a tree. Knowing from experience, from trying to find their mother when she disappeared, he knew of the possibility of Taeyeon possibly not being in their world or time and so he devised the chip to tell him where or when she possibly is and coordinates to find her. He was absolutely determined to find his sister and hopefully if it's not too late, find their missing mother as well.

Taeyeon POV (In the past)

It was now time for the tournament, I was to ride with the king to where the tournament was being held with his knights protecting him and the contestants following behind. I got a lot of dirty looks from the women on the sidelines, I guess for riding with their king, but no matter how much I protested he just wouldn't hear anything of it and eventually I was lifted up onto the saddle by Tao who gave me a look, telling me to just give up before Kyungsoo then mounted the horse, behind me with his arms on either side of me, grabbing the reins of the horse. I turned around to look at him and he gave me a triumphant smirk, having won our little argument as I was now riding with him. Just remembering that smirk made me boil but I held my composure as I had to act completely normal, seeing as I was going to have the last laugh if my plan succeeds.

We had finally arrived at the jousting arena with Kyungsoo then getting off the horse before putting his arms up towards me, beckoning me to let him help me off the horse. But remembering the smirk he had on his face earlier, I snubbed him and asked for Tao to help me off the horse to which he obliged. Aish, this dress is really inconvenient, I mean had it not been fore the fact that I was wearing a dress, I would've probably just rode to the tournament myself. As I got off the horse with Taos help I saw Kyungsoo was now seething with anger, I caught his eye as we then stared at each other, with him making a very scary face full with contempt. I gave him a smirk before poking my tongue out at him and then linking arms with Tao asking him to give me a tour. I could feel a deadly glare coming from behind me but I just ignored it as I was enjoying my teasing too much.

"Taeyeon, don't tease his majesty too much at the tournament today, remember he has to maintain his wolf king appearance in front of his subjects." Tao whispered to me as he warned me of the affects it could have.

I giggled at him worrying as I looked back at Kyungsoo and said "Don't worry about my teasing, if anything, I just made your wolf king all the more scarier." Tao then looked towards Kyungsoo as well before laughing and facing me again.

"I guess your right." He said before excusing himself from me and going to Kyungsoo who was now ignoring him. I chuckled at Kyungsoos childishness before realising that I was now alone.

Soon I was approached by a group of ladies and from the looks of it, they were pretty high in rank around here seeing as they walked around here like they owned the place. The leader of the group looked at me with contempt before commanding me "Tell me your name and your origin." As she looked down on me with the ladies in the back whispering back and forth, trying to figure out just who I was.

I smiled at them and curtsied before using my socialising skills and charm "My name is Taeyeon and I am from a land called South Korea, it is a pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady such as yourself. I am new to this area as I have come from a different land, so I beg your pardon when I ask for your name."

The leader of the group looked shocked and could I see a faint blush on her face? Well back in my time period my brothers did complain to me about my supposed overload of charm when I my heiress persona, with both girls and boys falling for me but I never believed them. The leader then stuttered out "M...my name is J..Jessica and I....I am th.....the kings f...fiancé."

Fiancé huh? Well it doesn't surprise me, seeing as his position as king is unstable so a political betrothal is needed to gain support. I could see the innocence in her despite her position to which I could only insinuate that she knows nothing of the political battlefield she is in the middle of which I could only feel sympathy for her. It is true that ignorance is bliss, but for some reason I felt the need to protect her innocence from what was happening around her so I could only smile at her warmly as I grabbed her hands and rubbed them gently saying "Well, I hope we can become the best of friends Jessica. I wish you and his majesty the best in your marriage."

The innocent look in Jessica's eyes changed at the mention of their marriage as she scowled with a look of hatred in her eyes which shocked me but I managed to maintain my facial expression. "I hope we can be closer as well Taeyeon." She said with a fake smile, completely disregarding the topic of her pending marriage with Kyungsoo.

"Do you dislike his majesty?" I whispered in her ear as I pulled her into a hug, to hide our conversation. It's not like she could just openly say she hated her fiancé, especially since her fiancé is the King.

"W...what are you t...talking about?" Jessica said stuttered out nervously. "What makes you think that Taeyeon, didn't I just proudly announce my engagement to the King?" Jessica said more firmly this time but her tone was rather stiff.

I chuckled at her anxiousness whispering to her "You can trust me, I am in no position to tell the King a secret that's meant for just the two of us." Before pulling out of the hug and giving her a wink before excusing myself to get ready to execute my plan, I just hope everything runs smoothly.

However, before I could Tao found me and dragged me over to where Kyungsoo was clearly sulking with a scowl on his face. "Play time is over now Taeyeon. Go and console him now or he might snap and go on a rampage." Tao whispered to me before pushing me towards the king who still hadn't noticed my presence yet, much to my relief, seeing as I am the cause of his anger. I need time to prepare myself if I'm going to appease this disgruntled Wolf King and luckily for me I was granted that time as Jessica appeared and took a seat near Kyungsoo and from the looks of it I actually saw fear in his eyes as the scowl on his face disappeared and he was now frozen stiff, maintaining a poker face as he looked anywhere but at Jessica. 

This reaction to his fiancée amused me, seeing how fearful he is of the sweet girl, but then again it must be tough being hated by the person your supposed to spend the rest of your life with and with such a close and high position as queen. A queen is supposed to support the king and relieve him of his stresses but seeing how he reacts to Jessica, it is fair to say that he is in quite the compromising position. Suddenly the trumpets sounded announcing the beginning of the tournament bringing me out of my thoughts as I looked around shocked, I just missed my chance to join the tournament. What am I going to do?

Third POV

The tournament had now begun and Tao led Taeyeon to her seat near the king, scolding her as well for not having calmed the king down when he gave her the chance. "Sorry Tao, I'll find a way to cheer him up later." Taeyeon said with her eyes on the floor, having been lectured.

Tao sighed to himself before patting her on the head saying "I understand, so don't look so down. Now go sit down and watch the tournament." Tao then left to his post as one of the officials of the tournament. 

Taeyeon smiled at Taos actions, not knowing that a certain king was watching her with his rage steadily building up again. 'Why does she smile at Tao like that? Why is she so close to him? Why does she ignore me? She should smile at me and only me. What should I do to get her to pay attention to me?' Kyungsoo thought as he recalled Taeyeons indifferent attitude to him earlier and even now. It hurt him to think that maybe to Taeyeon, his existence is so small that she doesn't even care to even look at him.

While the king was pondering on his relationship with Taeyeon, the first jousting battle had finished with the winner riding around the arena victorious. As he rode, towards the King to pay respect a certain beauty had caught his eye. He took off his helmet to get a better look and there she was, looking ravishing in her turquoise gown, her brown hair flowing radiantly out of the gold band that adorned her head. With that the winner decided. He paid his respects to the king before coming closer to the stand where the beauty was seated. With that he flung the wreath that was awarded to him on his joust towards her with the wreath landing directly on her lap. With that he said "Milady, I am Suho, knight of the kings round table. I hope you can accept my token of affection. With this I promise to win this tournament in your honor." 

Taeyeon was taken aback by what was happening and was so confused about what was happening. Before she could reply to Suho, he had already galloped off to the tents of the participants leaving a dumbfounded Taeyeon and an enraged Wolf King.

"Um, Jessica. I'm kind of new to this whole thing so what exactly does it mean for that guy to give me this wreath?" Taeyeon asked as she approached Jessica and sat in the empty seat beside her. Jessica was surprised by her presence and jolted in shock much to the amusement of Taeyeon who giggled at her cute reaction.

Jessica then cleared before composing herself and explained "The wreath you just received is like a love confession and with the promise of winning the tournament in your honour, means that he intends to marry you upon winning." Taeyeons eyes widened in shock as she shouted "What?!" In disbelief much to the surprise of those around her.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Taeyeon whined as she thought of possibly being forced to marry a complete stranger. "I don't really have to marry him do I?" Taeyeon asked Jessica with teary eyes.

Jessica chuckled as she said "Of course you have to marry him. We women don't get much choice on who we marry so sometimes it like this you know, first come first serve. Plus it's not like anyone can stop him if he wins the tournament as he can have any of his wishes granted, so I'm afraid you do have to marry him."

Taeyeon sulked at the thought of being forced to do something she doesn't want to do, especially marriage. She had to stop this one way or another, there's no way she will be dragged along as a wife, merely based on the whim of a stranger.


Kyungsoo POV

What is this? Someone actually dared to profess their love to my Taeyeon? Wait 'my' Taeyeon? Ugh, why are things so complicated, it's not like I own her or anything and it's not like I can go against my own rules and cancel the wish if he actually wins. It will damage my reputation and integrity. Aish, what am I to do?

"Um, your majesty, may I have a word?" Ah that sweet voice, is it really her? I turned to the voice to see my angel standing before me making feel light and happy but then my eyes landed on the wreath in her hands and I immediately scowled. 

"What is it?" I asked coldly, which caused her to flinch. Ah maybe I was a little too harsh. I breathed deeply to calm myself before holding onto her hand gently asking softly "Is there something wrong?" She immediately began to tear up much to my dismay. What did I do to make her cry? Did I make a scary face again? Was I too rough?

I quickly pulled my hand away from hers, for the fear of possibly hurting her but she just as quickly grabbed my hand and held it tightly, not letting go. I smiled at her actions with my heart beat steadily increasing due to our skinship. As she held my hand with her right one she wiped her tears with her left before composing herself and saying "No matter what, I don't want to marry that guy so could I go and meet him to tell him that?" These words had me overjoyed as I nodded with vigor and immediately sent her to Tao so that he could lead her there and protect her from the contestants. There's no way I'm going to let her loose to a pack of wolves.

However with my overwhelming happiness led my Wolf King act to falter as my demeanour and facial expression softened as I kept my eyes on Taeyeon. This didn't go unnoticed by my fiancé who glared at me fiercely causing me to go stiff as I put my wolf king persona back on, for the fear of angering our dear ice princess. It's so scary when she's angry and seeing as I am the usual recipient of her fury it's best to not encounter her unless necessary. I just hope that Taeyeon succeeds in rejecting that man and hurries back so I can feel at ease and maybe calming down Jessica, seeing as the two seem to get along. Which is rare, considering Jessica rarely let's anyone invade her little world, even if I am her fiancé, I know that she hates me to the core. Maybe because she's against our betrothal and the fact that she was forced but I'm not too sure, her hatred seems too deep to be because of that.

Sigh, what am I to do with these women? The one I am betrothed to despises me for some unknown reason while the one who holds my heart refuses to acknowledge my existence unless it's a necessity or one of her little pranks. Just how do I handle these complicated women?