Chapter 1

Our present past

Chapter 1

Taeyeon POV

"Taengoo~ wake up now." 
"Mmm just five more minutes Oppa." I mumbled as I pulled him towards me and snuggled in, feeling his warmth.

He just sighed as he patted my head saying "You know Taeng, it's already 8:20. Your going to be late for school if...." I didn't let him finish as I rushed out of bed and went to the bathroom, getting ready as quickly as I could.

"Oppa~ why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I whined as I finished putting on my uniform. I heard him chuckle as he left my room without a word. Well I already know why he didn't wake me up earlier, it's because I refused to get up so he came to wake me up in five minute intervals.

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, suddenly tripping on my way down, but somehow I just floated to the bottom with a voice in my ear whispering "Be careful Queen Taeyeon." Queen? Okay I know I am the daughter of the richest man on earth but there's no way I would ever want to be called or treated like a queen. 

Normalcy, that's all I ask for, but that voice I heard was far from normal. I didn't have enough time to think about it though as soon enough here comes the bodyguards and doctors to check if I suffered any injuries from my fall. I know that they are only thinking of my best interests but my brothers and my dad go way too far with all these safety precautions. However, I know I could never speak up about the amount of protection they bombard me with seeing as they care about me so much and also due to the incident with my mother which made them even more cautious.

"Taeng! What happened to you?! Are you alright?!" Heechul Oppa shouts as he runs to me and stands me up, spinning me around to check for any injuries. Soon my dongsaeng Key runs out of his room and he too comes and checks on me with my father Jongkook rushing to me from his study. Now I've been inspected for any cuts or bruises 5 times, once by the doctor, once by my bodyguards, and once from my brothers and dad. Well nothing new in the life of Kim Taeyeon.

I look at all the worried faces now in front of me and put on my brightest and cheerful smile showing them I'm okay. "Don't worry everyone, it wasn't a serious fall and I am not hurt in anyway, but thank you all so much for all your care. Now I think it's time for me to go to school now or else I'll be late." I say in the most convincing way I can.

"You know Taeyeon, you don't have to go to school if your not feeling well, you don't have to hide it, just stay home today. I am more than happy to let you stay." Dad said with a caring tone.

"No!" I frantically shouted making everyone look at me shocked and weirdly. I then coughed and composed myself as I smiled brightly towards them calmly saying "No, I will go to school today. I am a student and students must attend school and study. So if there are no more problems to discuss I would like to leave for school right now." I then kissed my dad and Heechul goodbye before grabbing Keys hand and walking out of the house to the car out the front of our mansion and telling the driver where to go before jumping into the car.

 The whole car ride all I thought of was how close I was from having to stay home from school, I already know that my dad and brothers don't approve of me going to an actual school and would much rather me being home schooled but there is no way I would want to be all cooped up in the house all day by myself, not getting the chance to experience the outside world. I could feel Key staring at me the entire car ride to school, I know that he probably would've preferred it if I stayed home as now he would worry about me being at school, but I tried to push away the thoughts of my brothers and dads concern for me out of my mind, willing myself to have this little selfish whim.

Once we arrived and we exited the car about to go seperate ways, going to our respective classes, Key pulled me into a long hug before saying in a serious tone as he stared into my eyes "Take care of yourself Noona."

I just smiled at him as I broke the hug and patted him on the cheek as I joked "Aigoo, miss me already dongsaeng? Don't worry, I'll meet you at lunch time okay? So go have fun with your friends." I then ruffled his hair, causing him to whine as I chuckled at his actions. We then split off into different directions, Key going to the Junior high section and me going to the Senior high section. I could already hear all the screaming girls voices as Key made his way in the gates of his school. Just how popular is he?

I shook my head as I made my own way through the gates of my school and instead of screams all I got was utter silence with the students of my school making a path for me from the gates to the front door of the school, bodyguards already stationed at the door waiting for me. I sighed before putting on my best smile and making my way through the path of students, smiling at all those who looked at me. It's very tiring having to smile and try and be as perfect as I can whenever I am surrounded by people but I can't do anything about it, everyone expects me to behave in a certain way and there's no way I would ever want to break their expectations. 

Although it is very tiring at school to keep up with such an image, at least I get some time alone to be myself whereas at home I am under constant supervision with no privacy. At least at school my brothers and fathers surveillance on me is limited. Here I can be alone, be myself, only in that one room. The music room.

I make my way up the stairs, leaving my bodyguards at the bottom of the stairs to make sure no one disturbs me even if the music room is abandoned. I open the door and there is my sanctuary, filled with all things musical, all things that scream the real me. The truth is I don't really need to go to school, seeing as I was raised with tutors constantly teaching me until I no longer needed them which is why I don't have to show up to my classes all the time. Which leaves me with more time to be in my own little world which I built inside this music room. I sit myself down on the couch, grab my guitar, strumming a few notes and closing my eyes before singing my heart out to release my stress.

Before I knew it the bell rang for lunch and now I had to go pick up Key since I promised to have lunch with him. I made my way over to the Junior High section of the school seeing as our school is an escalator school from Middle school, to Junior High and then to Senior High. Seeing as my family is a big donator to the school as well as famous Alumni's with my father Jongkook and brother Heechul being graduates from the school and me and Key currently attending, it's not surprising that we get some perks. Like the fact that I am allowed to now pick up my brother from class to have lunch early seeing as Senior high students have earlier lunch times than the Junior high. So now I'm walking done the hallway towards Keys classroom, catching the occasional glance of students who are looking out the window to which I gesture for them to focus on the teacher with a smile as I giggled at their flustered faces, as they then sit up straight and look to the front, glancing back at me as I then continue walking.

Once I made it to his class I see someone I don't want to see, his presence at this school even makes me feel that staying home wouldn't be so bad. As soon as I reach the door to Jongdaes classroom I send him a quick glare to which he makes a sorry face causing me to sigh as I now have to deal with the uptight, rude maths teacher Mr Jung. He tends to pick on the rich and bright kids in the school, wanting them to fail and get in trouble, as he is so unhappy with his own life that he tries to ruin the lives of his students. I being one of them when I attended Junior high, he used any means to bring me down but unfortunately he failed each and every time, making him hate me even more. Everyone knows we have an extreme hate, hate relationship, so we were kept as far away from each other as possible because when we meet you can be sure that WWIII is about to go down.

I smiled as sweetly as I could as I put on a facade and bowed to Mr Jung and the class before saying "I've come to pick up Key for lunch, so if you wouldn't mind, I'll be taking him out early." 

Key started to pack his stuff up quickly and headed to front but was stopped when Mr Jung scowled "Yes, I do mind the fact that you are taking one of my students in the middle of my lesson and also disrupting my classroom."

I just smiled as I said "If that is your only problem then it can be easily fixed. Key, you already know what lesson Mr Jung is teaching right?" Key looked at the board and nodded his head while looking at me questioningly

I smirked as I said "Seeing as Key knows what your teaching then why don't you let him teach the class so he can show his understanding and your classes learning won't be disrupted by me but improved."

I nudged Key and pushed him towards the board saying "Make me proud Key." To which he grinned at me before beginning his lesson and writing notes on the board with the formulas and how and when they are to be used in a simplified way which could be understood by the whole class. He wrapped the lesson up in five minutes with the whole class being able to complete all the set work by Mr Jung for that lesson with ease. 

With that I held Key hand and walked out of the classroom, satisfied with the look on Mr Jungs face who was still frozen in the classroom from being shown up by a Junior High student. Once we were outside I decided to skip down the path that connected our schools, going back to my school since our food is better than the Junior Highs food. Suddenly a voice entered my head saying "My Queen, we need you. He needs you."

 I stop on the spot and look around to find out where the voice came from. It was then that I noticed that Key and my bodyguards were now no where to be found and I was now surrounded by fog. As the fog started to dissipate I could hear swords clashing with men shouting. What's going on?