Chance [FINAL]

Who to choose?

Title: Chance [Part of the ‘who to choose’ series]

Pairing: Secret pairings  

Genre: Romance, angst,

Length: 6/6

Rating: PG

Word count: 3495

Summary: Would they give each other a chance to fall in love again?

 

 

 

Kyuhyun laid on his bed that night, all he could think about was that encounter with Sungmin and Hyukjae in his office. He wasn’t at all unhappy that coincidentally, they turned out to be the people he was supposed to be meeting. He sighed for the nth time, the last time he saw Sungmin was three years ago. When the silly him decided to give up the relationship.

 

Kyuhyun could never forget the broken expression on Sungmin’s face, when he requested for the break up. Sungmin did not stop him from leaving, he didn’t even ask why. That was how his personality was like, he would hide all of his emotions inside. Kyuhyun remembered the punch that he received from Heechul, the very next day. He couldn’t say or do anything, Heechul had warned him beforehand.

 

Sometimes, he wished he could have a second chance with Sungmin. He was young and stupid last time, but now he knew that only Sungmin could fill up that empty space in his heart. Kyuhyun could only hope that the very next time he met Sungmin, he would try to win him back.

 

 

Humming sounds could be heard from a studio in SJ Entertainment, a tune that no one had heard before. A young man, tapping his pen on his lips as he hummed the tune. Sungmin sighed when he couldn’t get the tune of the song to sound smooth. He wasn’t usually that bad at composing songs, but this song was different. It was the song that would be used for the commercial with Kyuhyun’s company.

 

Sungmin had always been able to compose songs of any genres and he would never mix his personal life with work. However, this was the first time he couldn’t concentrate on his work. He knew that he would be meeting Kyuhyun very often due to this project, he was the one in charge of the commercial after all.

 

He sighed again as he stood up, taking his file in his hand as he left his studio. Sungmin decided that maybe meeting the producer in charge of the commercial, would give him inspiration in his composition. He knocked on the door of the producer’s office and entered when he was beckoned in.

 

“Hankyung-hyung, can I know what is your plan for the commercial, that we would be doing for ELF Enterprise?” 

                                           

 

 

A few days later, Sungmin and Hyukjae were back at the office building of their client’s. They had to get approvals for the commercial plans, before they could official start the filming of the commercial. Sungmin was looking through his files, when he felt a comforting pat on his back. He turned and looked at his best friend, and smiled at him. He knew he had to keep his professionalism and not let it affect his work.

When the door to the conference room opened, Sungmin took one look at the guy that had just walked in. He was still as handsome as he had been three years ago. He knew that Donghae was right, he needed to let go. He knew that if he didn’t let go, he would end up falling head over heels over the guy again. He doesn’t want to hurt himself anymore.

“Hi Mr Cho, the files before you are our proposal for the commercial. Our producer had written out the plans for the commercial and this would be the song that we would be using for the commercial.” Sungmin kept his professionalism and spoke, as though he had never met Kyuhyun before. He turned to Hyukjae, signalling for him to play the song that he had written.

Kyuhyun couldn’t stop staring at Sungmin, he did not know how the man could be so calm. He was pretty sure that his own professionalism was slipping, the moment he saw him in his office again. His ears perked up when the songs started, the tune was exactly the type of tune that he had in mind. 

He flipped through the sketches that the producer had made as he listened to the song. As he tried to visualise the entire process of the commercial, he knew that this would the perfect commercial for his company. He was glad that Leeteuk had recommended SJ Entertainment. Well… At least that was one of the reasons, the other being that he could get to see Sungmin more often.

“This is perfect! How did your producer know that this is what we had in mind?” Kyuhyun asked curiously as soon as the song ended.

“Our company aim is for commercials is to match the company’s image and display the image in our productions.” Hyukjae, who had been silent spoked up. “We aim to give our clients full satisfaction in all our products.”  

“These are the profiles of the idols that our company manages, please select the ones you would want to use in the commercial.” Sungmin said while gesturing for Hyukjae to hand them the files.  

“Who would you recommend?” Kyuhyun asked, as he flipped through the profiles. As he looked through, he couldn’t find any of the idols that was befitting of appearing in the commercial.

“Is there anyone you have in mind after looking at the profiles?” Sungmin had his eyes glued on Kyuhyun, watching as he analysed through the profiles.

“Can I make a request?” Kyuhyun looked up and smiled at Sungmin. “Can you be the one to be in our commercial?” Kyuhyun smirked, it’s true he couldn’t find anyone, who was suitable for the commercial but Sungmin. 

“What are you saying, Cho Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae banged the table and stood up. Sungmin just stared at Kyuhyun in disbelief, how could he ask for such an absurd request. Sungmin pulled on Hyukjae’s shirt, nudging him to sit down.

“I’m a composer and not an idol. I’m sorry but I cannot agree to your request.” Sungmin looked down at his files, hoping that Kyuhyun would change his mind.

“Well? Your company’s aim is to give your clients full satisfaction right? I can always give this commercial to other companies.” Kyuhyun smirked, he really wanted to see Sungmin shoot for the commercial and he won’t back down on this.

“Yah! What are you…” Hyukjae was about to lunge at Kyuhyun, when Sungmin held him back firmly.

“Fine, we agree to your request. Now will you excuse us Mr Cho, we have another meeting to attend.” Sungmin picked up his files and dragged the fuming Hyukjae out of the conference room.

Kyuhyun watched as the two men walked out of the conference room, he did not want to pull such tricks to be honest. He did not want to be a brat, but if it meant that he could get another chance with Sungmin. He did not mind being a brat.

 

“Why did you agree to his request? What is wrong with that guy anyway? We have so many other idols! So, why you? Is he trying to make fun of you? You spent days composing that song and he is making a fool out of you, Sungmin!” Hyukjae said angrily the moment they entered the car. He was fuming, what was that brat trying to achieve from making such request? He didn’t want his Sungmin to be hurt again.

“You and I both know that this project is important for our company…” Sungmin was feeling conflicted, he wondered what was Kyuhyun scheming again. After all, he did not contact Sungmin all of these years and now he wants him to be in a commercial when he was just a composer.   

“Ugh Min! You should have just let me punch that smirk off his face!” Hyukjae ranted angrily. 

 

 

The next time Sungmin saw Kyuhyun, was during the filming of the commercial. Sungmin spent days practicing and acting out the commercial. Sure, he had helped with commercials before but filming one himself was something he had not tried before. He wondered how the outcome of the commercial would be, it wasn’t like he was popular like any idols. He sighed for the nth time that day as he walked into the set and prepared for the filming.

The night before, Heechul and Hyukjae had stayed up and watched as he practiced for the shoot. He knew that the both of them were still very angry with Kyuhyun and he had tried to calm the both of them down. His father wasn’t particularly happy with his top composer appearing on a commercial either, but customers are always right. There wasn’t much that they could do.

Sungmin was taking a break in the waiting room, when he heard the door opening. He turned around thinking it was Hyukjae or Heechul, but the person who walked in gave him a shock. Walking towards him was the man that left him three years ago, he wondered what he was doing inside the waiting room.

“Did you go into the wrong room, Mr Cho?” Sungmin asked as he took his cup of coffee and pressing his lips on it.

“I came to find you, Sungmin.” Sungmin looked up at the man, the cup still pressed on his lip. He was about to take another sip of his coffee when a hand reached out and took the coffee and sipped on it. Sungmin stared at the man, wondering what he had up his sleeve.

“How can I help you, Mr Cho?” Sungmin saw a slight change in Kyuhyun’s expression when he had asked that. He wondered if he had seen wrongly as it happened too quickly.

“Call me Kyuhyun, like you always did…” Sungmin heard the soft and pleading voice of Kyuhyun’s and sighed.

“I have no reasons to call you that. Our relationship had ended the day you left, three years ago. Right now, we are just clients and CEO, Mr Cho.” Sungmin stood up and took back his coffee from the man, throwing the cup into the dustbin next to him.

“Now would you excuse me, Mr Cho.” Sungmin was about to walk away when Kyuhyun gripped onto his hand, preventing him from moving any further. Sungmin tugged on the hand but that only made Kyuhyun tighten his grip. He pulled Sungmin over and sandwiched him between the wall and him.

Sungmin’s eyes widened when he felt Kyuhyun’s lips pressing on his. He tried to push him away, but Kyuhyun had a firm grip on him. “Don’t run away from me anymore, Sungmin. I’m sorry for my foolishness. I really still love you… Please Sungmin.” Kyuhyun pleaded as Sungmin struggled out of his grip.

He was about to pushed Kyuhyun away when the door opened and a man pulled Kyuhyun away from him. The next thing he knew, Kyuhyun was on the floor with a furious Heechul grabbing his collar. Sungmin tried to stop Heechul from punching him but he had already landed a punch on him.

“Hyung! Stop it, hyung!” Sungmin cried as he peeled Heechul away from Kyuhyun. Heechul eyes fumed with anger as Sungmin pulled Heechul out of the room.

“Stay away from Sungmin from now on. Don’t let me see you again.” Hyukjae who had been standing at the door, said angrily before walking away.

 

Kyuhyun really loved Sungmin, and he knew that nothing would stop him from getting him back.

 

 

A few days later, Kyuhyun walked into his usual bar when he saw a familiar face. The face that he had loved all those years. He sat down beside him and ordered a drink. He stared at the man as he drank. The other man, clearly drunk and oblivious of Kyuhyun being beside him.

When he had a drop too much, Kyuhyun decided that it was time to bring the man back home. It didn’t help that the man was drunk and many people in the bar were ogling at him.

Kyuhyun lifted him up by the arm and brought him out of the bar. He looked at the man when he had swatted his hand away and glared at him. “Don’t touch me.” He said as he staggered down the sidewalk, Kyuhyun sighed and walked towards him. He grabbed his arm and pulled him sitting him into his car.

“Why did you leave me then? Why did you bring my hopes back now that I have decided to move on?” Kyuhyun heard the drunk man whispering as tears rolled down his cheeks. Kyuhyun pulled out from the driveway and went down the familiar road.

It had been years since he had sent Sungmin home, he hoped that Sungmin still stayed in the same area as before. When Kyuhyun drove to the location, he blinked in confusion. The house that Sungmin used to stay at was gone, now replaced by a high-rised building.

“What do I do now…?” Kyuhyun muttered to himself as he looked at the sleeping man. He raised his fingers and rubbed against the cheeks. He turned back to the steering wheel and made a u-turn back to his own house.

 

He carried Sungmin up the stairs of his house and brought him into his room. He looked at the sleeping face and wondered how much had he missed him. All these years, Kyuhyun was a foolish man. Never once had he forgotten the face that he loved so much.

He undressed the sleeping man and cleaned him up before dressing him up in his favourite pyjamas. Once he was done, he walked into his bathroom and took a shower. The thoughts of all the times they had spent together flashing through his head.

Kyuhyun would never want to let go Sungmin, not ever again.

 

 

The next morning, Sungmin woke up when the soft sun touched his face. He groaned when his head pounding like a lumberjack, as he opened his eyes. He looked around and wondered why his room looked so different. That was when he realised that he wasn’t in his own room. He sat up quickly but that sudden motion made him wince, his head hurting even more.

He watched as the door to the room opened and Kyuhyun walked in holding a cup of water and some hangover medicine.

“Here, drink some of these. You will feel better. If you are wondering, you are at my house. Apparently, I drove to your old house and it was no longer there. So, I brought you back to my house.” Kyuhyun stated as he sat beside Sungmin on the bed.

Sungmin just looked down at the cup and took the medicine without saying a thing.

“Let me love you again, Sungmin… I’m sorry but I really do still love you. Please forgive me… I will make you love me again…” Kyuhyun looked down on the sheets and said quietly.

Sungmin did not know what he should do, he just convinced himself to move on then now. He wanted him back, what should he do? Sungmin felt tears welling around his eyes as he looked down at the cup.

Kyuhyun took the cup away from Sungmin’s hands and turned him to look at him. When he saw the tears in Sungmin’s eyes, he immediately pulled him into his embrace.

“Let me love you again, Sungmin. Would you give me another chance?” Kyuhyun whispered as tears gathered in his own eyes. He pulled away from the hug and landed a soft kiss on Sungmin’s lips.

“Give me the chance to chase you back again.” Kyuhyun whispered as he landed more gentle and soft kisses on Sungmin’s lips, when the latter nodded.

 

 

Heechul was walking past the production room when a head popped out and greeted him. “Chul! The commercial is done, do you want to take a look at it?” Heechul walked into the room with many screens and sat down on one of the chairs.

“Wow, Geng. How did you managed to do it so quickly? These are amazing!” Heechul praised as he watched the commercial roll before his eyes. Hankyung was one of the best producer in their company and Heechul was always amazed by his work.

Little did he know that Hankyung had a secret crush on him, ever since he had first saw him in the office. Hankyung had actually prepared a video for Heechul after showing him the commercial.

“Hang on, Chul. There is one more production that I had produced and I want you to see if it was ok.” Hankyung pressed the button on his control panel as he rolled the video.

The video started off on the first of the three connecting screens. A little man with blond hair walked down the stretch of road when he saw another pretty little man. The man had reddish hair and was walking in the direction of the blond man. The blond man fell in love at first sight with the other man. As the video progressed to the middle screen, it showed the man asking the other man to be his boyfriend. When the words, ‘I love you Heechul. Will you be mine?’ popped up at the final screen.

He glanced at him, hoping to receive some sort of reaction from him.

“I know you like Sungmin, Chul. I hope you can give me a chance to love you. You don’t have to accept me now. I can give you all the time you need to slowly fall in love with me.” Hankyung reached out and pulled Heechul into an embrace.

“Give me some time, Geng.” Heechul said as he pulled away from the embrace and walked out of the room. His mind filled with the video that he had just seen as a tinge of pink appeared on his face.

 

A few months later, Heechul finally agreed to date with Hankyung and they had been attached by the hip ever since.

 

 

Hyukjae was coming out with the new choreography for his next dance production, when there was a knock that sounded on the door. He smiled when he saw Sungmin walk in but someone was trailing behind him.

“Hyuk, let me introduce you to our new choreographer. He is Lee Donghae and he will be under your care for a year. Donghae, this is Lee Hyukjae, the one I told you about.” Hyukjae glanced at the man who had just walked in with his Sungmin and held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” The man smiled and shook his outreached hands.

Hyukjae watched as Sungmin retreated out of the room after introducing the two men. Of course, Hyukjae knew who Lee Donghae was. He was that annoying neighbour who always met up with Sungmin.

 

As the two men worked together, they found that they had a lot in common and they matched pretty well together. They came out with great standard work and they complemented one another well.

Hyukjae never knew that he would meet someone who could complement him so well. One year later, when Donghae was no longer under Hyukjae’s supervision. The two men then realised the attraction that the other party had for them and started dating.

 

 

Ryeowook frequently visited Dangkkoma café and quickly became friends with the man who had served him the first time he went there. They hit off very well and always had things to talk about. Whenever Ryeowook went to the café, Yesung would walk over and talk to him.

There was one day, after work when Ryeowook was exiting from the office building when he heard someone call his name. He looked up and saw Yesung smiling and waving at him.

“Hey wookie, come somewhere with me. There’s a place that I want to bring you to!” Ryeowook nodded and followed the man into his car.

When they arrived at a park, he watched as Yesung took out a guitar and sat down on a bench. He gestured for Ryeowook to sit next to him as he strummed the guitar.

When Ryeowook heard the beautiful voice of the man before him, his eyes widen. Yesung was looking into his eyes, strumming his guitar and singing to him. When he was done, Yesung took out a flower from behind his back.

“Wookie, I’ve liked you for a while now. Would you be my boyfriend?” Yesung asked, his eyes still looking gently into Ryeowook’s eyes.

When Ryeowook nodded, Yesung pulled him close and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

 

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked down the beach, their fingers entwined together. The sun was setting and the trail of their footsteps could be seen on the soft sand. They stopped and looked at one another.

“We really did run in circles before we got back together, didn’t we?” Kyuhyun whispered as he looked into his lover’s eyes.

“We were all fools looking for love in the wrong places. But now, we everything has fallen in place.”  Sungmin smiled and looked into his eyes.

Kyuhyun leaned down and pressed a kiss onto Sungmin’s lips.

 

 

“Thank you for giving me a second chance.”  

 

 

-The END-

 

 

 

A.N: Woohhooo its done~~~~ :DDD hope you guys liked it!! 😃 do comment and subcribe :D