Reverie [HaeMin] (NEW)

Who to choose?

Title: Reverie [Part of the ‘who to choose’ series]

Pairing: Donghae/Sungmin

Length: 5/6

Rating: PG

Genre: Romance, Angst

Word count: 1259

Summary: Donghae would always have Sungmin's back, no matter what. 

 

♥ミ

 

“It’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?” A man walked up to the familiar figure that was sitting on a bench overlooking the pond in the park. The said man turned around and smiled. “Hi Hae, taking your usual midnight walk?” The man shifted in his seat, giving space for Donghae to sit down. “Yea, it was a long day at work today.” The man laughed as he sat down. “How about you, Min? In a bad mood again?” Donghae turned and looked at Sungmin, who was still staring at the pond in front of him.  

“Not really, it’s becoming a daily routine. You know coming to the park, sitting here and ponder about well life. Sometimes it gives me inspiration for my work too.” Sungmin smiled and looked at Donghae, only to see the other man looking at him too.

 

Donghae was a dance instructor that has opened his own dance studio near his house. As he was away from his home, he would always take a stroll in the park near his house. It was calming and it reminded him of his hometown in Mokpo. That was how Donghae and Sungmin met 2 years ago. Sungmin was sitting on the park bench and Donghae was taking his midnight walk. Donghae, being the curious guy he had always been, saw the same person sitting on the bench every day. Hence, one day he went up to him and they became friends. As time went by, Donghae found himself falling in love with Sungmin. Although he did not know how it happened, he just couldn’t stop himself from falling in love.

Donghae would go to the park every day in hopes, that he could see Sungmin there. On days that Sungmin did not appear, Donghae would take a sit on Sungmin’s favorite bench and stayed for a while in case he appears. Otherwise, he would just walk home. Donghae slowly learned that Sungmin went to the park when he was feeling down, sometimes to look for inspirations from work. He knew that Sungmin had a tough job and he would always sit down beside him and listen to his troubles.

 

“I baked cupcakes today, so I brought some along in case you came to walk as usual.” Sungmin said as he took a box from beside him and handed it over to Donghae. “Thanks, Min.” Donghae’s face brightened up at the sight of the box. He simply loved the baked items that Sungmin would bring for him at times. He remembered telling Sungmin about how he loved sweet things and Sungmin would sometimes bring extras for Donghae.

Donghae opened the box and took one cupcake out and took a bite. “This is the best, Min.” Donghae said after he took a bite, before finishing the entire cupcake. “Thanks, Hae.” Sungmin said as he continued staring at the pond. “Something is bothering you right? You can always talk to me.” Donghae placed the cupcake wrapper inside the box, closed the box before turning to look at Sungmin.

“I saw my ex-boyfriend yesterday.” Sungmin said quietly, bringing his legs up onto his knees and placing his head on his arms. Donghae kept quiet as he took in the sight of the heartbroken man, willing for Sungmin to tell him more. “He did not do anything to me but, the sight of seeing him after all these years. It is tough, he kept staring at me and I did not know what to do. If Hyukjae had not been there, he would have probably came up to me or something.”

 

Donghae knew how much this ex-boyfriend meant to Sungmin, he also knew how Hyukjae would protect and comfort his friend. Even though Donghae did not know these two men, but Donghae knew how much they meant to Sungmin. Sungmin told him many stories in the two years that they had been friends. Every time when Sungmin was down, Donghae would sit beside him as he did and listen to his troubles. Although he wished that he could give Sungmin the happiness he deserved, he knew that it was not the right time to bring things up.

“I did not know what to do, Hae. I mean I would probably be seeing him very often, and you know this commercial means a lot to the company…” Donghae shifted in his seat and placed his hand on Sungmin’s back, patting gently. “Do you still have feelings for him?” Donghae asked gently, looking at Sungmin as his hand continued patting. “I don’t know, Hae. He was my first love.” Sungmin said sadly as he looked up.

 

Donghae placed his hands on Sungmin’s shoulders and turned him around so that he could look Sungmin in the eye. “Sungmin, sometimes we must learn to let go. Letting go doesn’t mean that we will lose anything. It is simply, letting go of those things that are holding us back. From what I see, this past relationship had been holding you back for the past four years. Even though I have only known you for two years, but I know you enough to know that you have not fully moved on. Look around you, Min. Look at the people who cared for you, the people who loves you and want you to be happy. When you learn to let go, that’s when you will find true happiness. When you let go, you can see him every day and know that you have fully moved on because you simply forgave him.”

Look at me, look at my love for you, fall in love with me. Move on with me, I can give you the happiness you deserve. Donghae pulled Sungmin into a hug when he saw tears gather in the latter’s eyes. The man sobbed in the hug, gripping onto Donghae’s shirt as he poured his heart out. Even though Donghae had never seen this side of Sungmin in the two years of friendship, Donghae knew that his words had an impact on Sungmin. Perhaps his words would provide Donghae with a chance, but he wanted Sungmin to find himself before anything else.

 

Donghae wiped the tears off Sungmin’s face when he pulled away from the hug. “Thank you, Hae. For always listening to my problems.” Sungmin looked back at the pond, his form of reverie. “It’s my honor.” Donghae replied, opening the box of cupcake and taking out another one from it.

“How’s the dance studio? You said there were lesser people enrolling into the school.” Sungmin asked, eyes still glued on the pond. “Well, still the same… It is only a matter of time, before I have to make the decision to close down the school…” Donghae mumbled before taking a bite into his cupcake. The studio had been in a loss for the past few months and Donghae was having trouble making ends meet. He considered if he should close down the studio and start looking for a job.

“Why not work in my company? We have two choreographers, but as the company grows. Hyukjae and the other choreographer have too much projects on their hands. It would be great help if you joined us.” Sungmin turned and looked at Donghae with a smile on his face. Seeing that smile, Donghae could not refuse, could he?

 

“I will send in my resume tomorrow morning.” Donghae gave his brightest smile after finishing his cupcake. “Come on, Min. Let’s go home, we still have work tomorrow.” Donghae pulled Sungmin’s arm as he stood up, taking the box in his hand.

 

♥ミ

A.N: Okay! I have finished all the potential Sungmin pairings :D now it is up to youuuuuu to choose :D! The poll will be up! Remember to vote your favorite couple, the poll will close next Sunday! :D thanks for reading, do comment and subscribe :D