Hero [WookMin] (NEW)

Who to choose?

Title: Hero [Part of the ‘who to choose’ series]

Pairing: Ryeowook/Sungmin

Length: 4/6

Rating: PG

Genre: Romance, Angst

Word count: 1071

Summary: To Ryeowook, Sungmin was like his hero.

 

 

“Sungmin hyung!” Sungmin was walking back to walk into his office, when the call of his name made him stop and turn around. “Hi Ryeowook!” Kim Ryeowook, he was a lyricist and a vocal trainer that was working in SJ Entertainment. Ryeowook joined SJ Entertainment 2 years ago after he graduated from college. Even though Sungmin was a composer, he also helped with writing song lyrics. As the only lyricist in the company at that time had just left, Sungmin had to take over his position. Ryeowook who had just joined the company was attached under Sungmin’s care for a year.

Ryeowook knew the moment he first saw Sungmin that he had fallen in love at first sight. The older man was pretty, far prettier than any girls he had seen before. He had a smile which took Ryeowook’s breath away. Ever since then, Ryeowook would follow Sungmin everywhere he went. He doesn’t even mind hanging out with Heechul and Hyukjae as long as he could spend time being with Sungmin.

“Hyung, I need help with a song can you help me?” Ryeowook asked cheerfully as he followed Sungmin into his office.

“Sure, have you thought of the song title? Can you play the instrumentals for me to hear?” Sungmin asked as he took a seat behind his desk, with Ryeowook trailing behind him. “The title of the song is ‘Hero’, it is a dance ballad music. Hang on let me turn the instrumental on.” Ryeowook replied while scrolling through his phone and sat down when the instrumentals started playing.

“Oh, did Jinyoung hyung compose that?” Sungmin asked the moment the song had ended. Ryeowook looked up at him and nodded. “I kind of have some problems after writing the first verse, when it comes to chorus I couldn’t really come out with words to work with the verse.” Ryeowook took out his notebook where he had written the lyrics on and showed them to Sungmin.

 “Do you mind singing the first verse for me together with the music?” Sungmin asked while looking at the lyrics. As Ryeowook sang the first verse, Sungmin wrote down notes on a piece of paper. “How was it hyung?” Ryeowook asked blushing slightly feeling a little shy, even though it wasn’t his first time singing in front of Sungmin. Thankfully, Sungmin was looking down at the paper he was writing on and did not see the tinge of pink on his face.

“It was good! I have written down a few notes, see if it helps you.” Sungmin said as he passed Ryeowook his notebook and the piece of paper he was writing on. “I added a few english sentences in front of the lyrics you written, I feel that it would add a more reliable feel to the song.” Ryeowook looked down at Sungmin’s notes and said it along with his lyrics.

I see my girl, listen to me
If you want, I can be your hero
I’m saying it to you, take my hand

 

I don’t even have the cloak to fly in the sky
Not even boots that can make me run like the wind
Just by fighting recklessly
But I can’t go like in the movie

I just want to protect the one love
If you’re crying alone at the moment


“Hyung! I just got an inspiration on how to continue it! Thank you so much hyung! Can I stay here and write my lyrics?” Ryeowook smiled brightly when Sungmin allowed him to stay in his office. Ryeowook took the opportunity to look at Sungmin and admire his features. Even though he really liked Sungmin a lot, he could not express his feelings for him. Somehow, Ryeowook was convinced that Sungmin did not like him the same way.

Ryeowook turned back to his notebook and wrote down the lyrics that came into his mind. However, his mind was filled with Sungmin and he could not concentrate on his work. He would peep at Sungmin after writing a few words, smiling to himself. Sungmin was like his hero, he always brought inspirations to Ryeowook and was always helping him. Ryeowook really enjoyed every moment he spent with Sungmin.

“Hyung, I’m done with the chorus do you want to hear it?” Ryeowook asked eagerly after writing the lyrics down.

I can be your hero, I’m going to meet you
Wanna be your hero (your hero), together fly away
That wounded heart, embracing it closely and never let go
Anywhere through thick and thin, with you


“It sounds good!” Sungmin smiled at him when Ryeowook was done singing. Ryeowook smiled brightly from the praise and looked at his watch. “Shall we go for lunch hyung?” “Give me five minutes, I’ll meet you at the lift lobby after I send this email.” Sungmin replied while typing away on his laptop. “Ok hyung!” Ryeowook went out of Sungmin’s office excitedly and walked back to his office to get his wallet. I wonder if I should tell sungmin hyung about my feelings for him… Ryeowook thought to himself as he walked to the lift lobby and saw Sungmin waiting there for him.

“Sorry for the wait, hyung. Let’s go!” Ryeowook said cheerfully as they walked into the lift. “Hyung! I heard that a new café opened just below our office block. Shall we go and try it?” Ryeowook suggested as they walked out of the lift and walked out of the building. They went to the café, Dangkkoma for lunch. As they walked into the café, a young man around the age of 29 greeted them and led them to their seats.  

When they decided on what to have for lunch, Ryeowook walked up to the counter and ordered their food. “I will have a cabonara and a double eggs benedicts, as well as a cup of iced americano and caramel latte. Thank you.” Ryeowook looked up from the menu and smiled at the cashier, who was the man who led them to their seats. His nametag wrote, Kim Yesung. “Ok, let me repeat your order, sir. One carbonara, double eggs benedicts, iced americano and caramel latte am I right? That would be 25 thousand won sir.” Ryeowook nodded and took out his card to pay.

 

Just then, he heard someone call out Sungmin’s name. When he turned around he saw Heechul and Hyukjae walking into the café. I guess I won’t be able to confess to him today anymore…

 

 

A.N: OKIES Ryeowook’s part is done 😃 Next would be Donghae! Thank you ayeengie onnie for helping me think of ideas when I was stucked After donghae’s part is released I would release the poll, the polling period would be one week. 😃 Do subscribe and comment 😃