the beginning

Transformation

Looking down at my feet, I see the kitten just sitting there, looking up at me with his adorable green eyes. 

"So he didn't leave..." and for some reason, the thought really made me happy.  

 

"Mom, can I feed him a little more food? Please?" 

"Just don't let your father see you do it." With that said, she walks back in the house with a littlw smile on her face. 

Walking back to the house with my new little friend at my feet and making sure he doesn't get in the house, I close the door carefully. With catfood on the brain, I grab another little handfull and then walk to the dining room to grab my phone.

"Sophie,  what are you doing?" My father asks and I stop in my tracks.

"Nothing..." 

" It doesn't look like nothing. What's that sound?" 

My eyes widen when my dad goes to patio door and looks down seeing the kitten just meowing away. 

"You're not feeding the cat, are you Sophie?"

" I asked mom and she said I could." 

" We don't need a cat hanging around the house."

"He won't. I'm not feeding him near the house,  I'm putting it on the flat rock." And with that I open the door picking the kitten as I go outside.

"He doesn't like you every much but that's okay. He doesn't have too because I do and so does mom. It's two against one so it's all good."

 

I can't believe I'm taking to a cat... a cute cat but still... Putting the food on the rock once again he digs in, eating away like there's no tomorrow. 

"Slow down or else your going to get sick." I poke him to make him slow down his eating. The last thing I want to do is make him sick.

"Hey Sophie, you should go see if he belongs to the guy next door. That's the direction he came from." I heard my mom call out from the house. 

"Okay, I'll go check after he's done eating." I yell back not even turning around to see if she was there to hear me or not. 

"Are you done little guy? Let's go see If you belong to the guy, you don't have a collar so I don't think you do." 

Walking down the road with him in my arms, he doesn't even squirm. That was until a car drive by and he tried to run away. Getting a better a hold on him so he doesn't get away and get hit by the passing car. 

"Shh.. shh.. it's okay. Just calm down or you're going to get yourself hurt. Shh, calm down little guy..." I whisper to him while kissing his head and petting him. As we get closer and closer to my neighbors house, he squirms more and more. I had to keep repeating everything over and over again for him to calm down and by the time we go to the front door he was calm again. 

Knocing on the white door I wait for an answer. 

"So many spiders..." I think as I look around the door waiting for the man. 

"Hello? Is anyone home?" I ask, mentally hoping that no one answers the door. 

After a few minutes of waiting, no one comes to thw door and I start walking back up the road. 

"So it looks like you're coming back with me little guy." I say while looking down at him. 

When I get home, I put him back on the rock. 

"Any luck, Soph?" 

"There was no answer at the door mom, his car was home though."

"Well you're not keeping him Sophie, we have enough animals as is."

"We only have two. Some people have more then that so why can't I have another one?" I say looking back at my mom while petting the little guy.

"Because your dad doesn't want another animal.  If you were younger, yes but you're moving out next year so no more animals." 

"But mom-"

"No means no Sophie." 

"How can you say no to this adorable little face?" I say while picking him up facing him towards my mom.

"No means no Sophie." And then it was the end of the discussion when she turned around and went inside. 

"Sorry little guy, it seems like I can't keep you but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop asking." I say looking down at him and smile down at him when I see he's looking up at me then he gets up and starts walking towards the house.

"Oh no you don't!" I say smiling picking him up and bringing him towards the shed. 

"Let's play for a bit, yeah?" 

As time goes by, I follow him around. He's just a curious little one; he tired to get through a wiremesh to get to the basment stairs but I stopped him... the second time around... he's so sneaky, the little bugger. 

At the end of it all I ended up taking some videos and pictures of him; he didn't mind at all, not like my dog does. 

"So what should I call you? I don't think you have a name since you don't have a collar. Um, how about Mittens? No, that's too common. How about Hyukkie? You're cute, adorable and playful so it's perfect!"

When I started to get dark, I left him by the rock and went in the house. My parents didn't want him to rip the screen door so they threw water at him... I felt so bad but he has claws and he's trying to get in... I sort of agree with my parents though.. we can't have him breaking the screen doors.

It's night now and I haven't seen him since the water throwing... I wonder if he left. I hope he can find some food and become more healthy; he's too skinny for a kitten. 

Laying in bed with my window and blind open, I heard a meow. Using my flashlight app, I look around and see two reflective dots in the dark. 

"Hyukkie! He's still here..."  a sense of relief and happiness washes over me knowing he didn't leave. 

The eyes keep coming closer to the light of my phone until he's right under my window. I head the sound of meowing until I fall asleep thinking that this is just the beginning...

 

 

__________

Chapter 2: done at 1:00am

phew..