in secret

Transformation

Days pass and Hyukkie still meows outside my window at night. It hurts knowing that I can't feed him without a chance of getting caught but he needs to eat well somehow and if I have to do it secrety, I will keep doing so. 

When my parents aren't home, I go out and play with him because he just looks so pitiful all by himself on the rock. I even buy him little cat toys in town when I have the chance to get away from my parents while they do their shopping. This time however, I bought him a little baby blue cat collar to contrast with his fluffy dark fur.  

"I really hope Hyukkie likes all this new toys and collar."

 

I managed to sneak away to put the collar on him when we got home. I can't believe I've never been found out by now, I mean it's only been four days but still. 

 

"Hyukkie you need to stay on the rock, okay?  You can't keep going to the doors and you know this. Do you want to keep getting water tossed on you?" I obviously wasn't expecting and answer when I heard a small meow, I turn my head and Hyukkie lays down. I slowly get up and start walking towards my house and he's still laying on the rock, just watching me. 

"That's a good boy," I say when I closed the door.

"Mom, where's dad?"

"He went to talk to you uncle."

"Oh, okay... Hey, mom? Can I ask you something?"

"You just did Sophie."

"Fine. Can we please keep him? He listens! I swear and he can sleep in my room and I'll buy him a cage and-"

"Sophie,  we've been over this everyday since the cat showed up. The answer is still no."

"I'll buy him everything he needs,  I promise!  I mean I've already bought him a collar and toys, all I need to buy him is a cage and pitch in with the cat food! And I'll train him so that if he has to go, he'll meow my the door. All we'd have to do is let him out to do his business. "

"You've been buying him things? Sophie-"

"Mom please! He hasn't been around the doors lately has he?"

"No but-"

"That's because he listened to what I told him! I said not to go near the doors and he listened to me mom! That has to mean something, right?" My mom let out a frustrated sigh.

"I'll talk to your-"

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Hyukkie thanks you too!" I say giving my mom the biggest bone crushing hug ever.

"Hyukkie? You named him... Just nevermind." With that I go outside, not even bothering to keep my visits to Hyukkie a secret anymore.

"Hyukkie! I might be able to keep you! Isn't that fantastic!  You'll be able to get healthy and be able to play all the time now! This is great!" Hearing a soft meow and then a little on my hand. I picked him up to hug him saying, "now there's no more secrets." 

Little did I know what I was getting myself into...

 

 

_____________

Chapter 3: done