the sound

Transformation

So staying awake until 3 o-clock in the morning is nothing new for me, especially during the Summer and neither is chatting with friends on Kakao or LINE. What was new was this sound coming from outside my window. 

I've never heard it before. I didn't know what it was; I thought it was a baby deer. I even opened my flashlight app on my phone to see outside my window but I saw nothing.

The noise continued for another hour or so but then suddenly stopped, sort of... Thinking nothing of it, I pulled down my blind falling asleep to music and the distance sound of whatever was making the weird noise. 

 

The next day passed like normal. A bit of reading here and some music there, nothing out of the ordinary.  I showed my parents the sound I recorded earlier in the morning, they were just as perplexed about it as I was although that changed after supper though when my mother went outside.. 

 

"Sophie? Could you come outisde for a second?" I heard my mom say.

"Uh, sure mom, just one second!" Pulling my headphones out of my ears I head out the patio door. 

"What did you want mom?"

"Shh, just listen." 

That's when I heard it. It was the exact same sound I heard that morning.  I look around trying to find thing making the sound and I see my mom pointing to the rocks where I see the most adorable looking kitten.

He jumped off the rocks and started walking towards up but kept stopping and backing up,  like he was trying to decide weither to go closer or to run away. I quickly go back inside my house to find a pair of shoes.  When I got back outside he was half way to the house.

Slowly and carefully, I started walking towards him. We were so close and when I kneeled down holding out my hard, he just looked at me while tilting his head to to the side as if deciding weither to come closer. I guess he made up his mind since he brushed his head against my hand. 

He started purring then; it was the softest sounding purr I've ever heard and he's just so freaking soft. He was hands down the cutest kitten I've ever seen but he was so skinny... I got up and walked away but he followed me so I picked him up. 

"Mom can I give him a bit of food? Just look at how skinny he is.. please?"

"What a sin, go ahead just don't feed it close to the house." 

I put him down and went inside, grabbing some cat food. Why do I already have cat food you ask? It's because I already have a cat; I've had him since I was a little kid. I have a dog too and I'm surprised she hasn't noticed the kitten yet. 

Going back outside, being careful of how I open the door since he's right there, already at the door. Picking him up and walking towards the rock, I set him down on the grass and put his food on the rock. He devoured it. It was gone within seconds. Turning around to head back inside,  I look back at the rock and he wasn't there... 

"So he was just here for food then..." I thought to myself.

But little did I know, the kitten was right at my feet...

 

____________________

 

The first chapter is up..

I apologize for any spelling mistakes. I'm writing this on my phone and will most likely be updating on my phone for the duration of this story so it can be tricky trying to write sometimes. 

So far everything that's happened so far is true.. and it really hurts me knowing that he's under my window, meowing and I can't have him...