Questions

Slim Chances

      Climbing the stairs towards his hyung's apartament -he wouldn't use the elevator for a while after that whole ordeal- Jungkook had two things playing around in his mind. One: Hoseok hyung will probably kill him for not visiting for such a long time; And two: he kinda wished he did sooner...due to several reasons...unimportant reasons.

       Thinking about it, he felt a little guilty for not having come around his hyung's place lately, because the guy has had a big positive influence on his life (like helping you get rid of your addictions and making you apply for university,  you ungrateful brat), but on the other side, he knew that his hyung understood that being in the 3rd year of college was stressful and time-consuming enough already, without the addition of having to concern himself with socializing. They knew eachother for far too long to allow petty things like that to damage their relationship. Drawing a last breath before entering Hoseok's apartmant, Jungkook prayed to God that his hyung won't try to kill him as soon as he enters. But surprisingly, his hyung was rather jolly and Jungkook didn't like what went through his head right at that moment (Hobi hyung)

"Oh, Jungkook-ah, so nice of you to visit!" And he was saying it with no trace of sarcasm. The guy seemed genuinely happy. Jungkook didn't know if it was because of him or because of something else (Hobi hyung takes good care of me), but his hyung seemed really joyful.

"Hey, hyung. How are you?" The cautiousness could be felt in Jungkook's voice. He knew that his hyung was usually pretty happy but today he was downright hyper

"Great actually. I'm great" Hoseok said behind a perfect set of teeth. Jungkook left his shoes at the entrance, entered the living-room and occupied his desginated spot on the couch in the small apartment's living room.

"Did something happen or...?"

"OH! No...not really..." And Jungkook could easily notice that his hyung started getting evasive as he was approaching the couch and sitting down on the unoccupied space

"Hyung?" Jungkook asked for his questions to be answered while he was looking searchingly at Hoseok

"I...Let's just say that I made a new friend" said Hoseok while he was looking nervously at a spot on his newly aquired carpet

"Could it be the guy who calls you 'Hobi hyung'?" Jungkook would have never thought that he'll ever see his hyung this cought off-guard because of a simple question. This simple question. But he was now, right in front of him, almost blushing 

"How do you..- Did he-Did you..." Hoseok had to stop and draw a long breath, thing that seemed to Jungkook extremely funny, but his hyung recovered quickly and managed to ask his question without choking "You two met?" His hyung looked hilarious with his cheeks blazing red and a shocked expression frozen on his face.

"See now, that wasn't so hard, was it? I thought you were going to choke or something." the younger said with a big grin on his lips and a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

"You cocky little...Just tell me. And what's with that shirt on you? Did you run out of clothes? Or perhaps, you've got no money again? I told that you that you could always just ask-"

"What? No! What the ? This here is called fashion. How could you even-" 

"Are you serious? And for a few seconds I thought you were going to announce that you managed to somehow end up broke" it was clear as day that Hoseok was amused with the situation and that did not sit well with Jungkook. He was hot, damn it.

"Ugh. This is ing cool, ok? Chicks totally dig it." Hoseok could see that the younger was getting more and more frustrated, but he just couldn't help being amused (girls, huh?)

"Really now?"

"Yeah really. So do you want me to tell you about that guy or not?"

Seeing that Jungkook was getting a little fiery, Hoseok agreed to change the topic, especially when he was extremely curious as well. "Ok, you're right. So, you and Taehyung met?"

"I think we've established that by-" the boy started saying cockily, but an important detail caught his eye "Wait. Taehyung? His name is Taehyung?" (that makes so much more sense)

Hoseok looked curiously at Jungkook "Yeah. What? What did he tell you?"

"That er told me that his name was Joe King" as soon as Jungkook uttered those words, Hoseok was rolling on the floor, holding his sides from laughing so hard (Not funny. Not ing funny)

"Wha-And you believed-" his hyung couldn't even finish his sentence from laughing so much.

"Shut up! I did think it was weird but so was he. I didn't wanna question it. Plus, I didn't really peg him as a Joe kind of guy either..."

"Mhm...

" Hoseok has calmed down but he was stil looking amused at the other boy "So let me get this straight. He practically told you 'I'm Joe King', right?" Jungkook nodded his head, not knowing where his hyung wanted to go with all of this "Oh, Jungkook-ah I seriously don't know how you got accepted at that university of yours..."

It's safe to say that Jungkook got a little more than infuriated "Yah! What does that have to do with-"

"You know, Joe King." The kid was still looking at him, oblivious as ever "As in, 'I'm joking ha ha ha', that type of stuff."

The younger finally got what his hyung was trying to tell him and his fist bumped his head in a defeated and humiliated gesture "I can't believe I bought that. What am I? A fifth grader?" (maybe I really am ing retarded. Maybe the watch thing would've worked if I had been a tad dumber today)

"I don't think you're that high up yet, Kook." Hoseok said teasingly.

"You're right. He practically tried a first-grade trick on me and he succeeded because apparently, I'm ing stupid."

"Now, now. I can see that this is eating at you, but you shouldn't get mad..."

"Why? Am I not smart enough for that?"

"Oh, come on. He was just joking. Literally!" and Hoseok had to fight to keep his expression stoic.

"Oh well, it seems like my brain isn't able to depict that kind of stuff (that ed up wierdo. He made me look like a ing fool. After what I did, he could have at least given me his real name) but with all the self-loathing aside, Jungkook could see the hilarity and stupidity in what happened (Joe King. I'm so stupid sometimes) And the ghost of a smile found it's way to his face. But at seeing Hoseok's impatient expression , he rolled his eyes and complied "I met him when I helped him in the elevator" Hearing the answer, Hoseok's face lost all it's humor, turning pale, as he immediately rose from the couch like burned (so apparently he knows about that guy's condition)

"What? Why was he on the elevator? He shouldn't have-Jungkook, he's-" 

"I know, I know. Claustrophobic or some . Don't worry, I got to him on time. Relax." His hyung was still looking at him scared out of his wits, so Jungkook gave more details "It seemes like he was pushed in by the body of people trying to get to the elevator. But I got him out of there and he's fine now"

"Oh, thank God" and Hoseok retook his place on the couch with his heart somewhat lighter

"So, what did you think about him?" was it him or did his hyung seem way too curious "Isn't he nice?"

"Are you seriously asking me that after-"

"Chill out kid. I bet he only wanted to make you feel better after what happened in there."

"He wanted me to feel better? I'm not the one who was almost asphyxiated, you know"

"Yeah, I know. But that's just how he is, so you shouldn't misunderstand it"

"Mhm...well, he's definitely something" and Jungkook remembered the unusual way the kid was acting and it got him more than a little curious "Hyung, it's just, I'm curious. I believe you've been friends for a while, right?" Hoseok nodded his head so Jungkook continued "So, does he know that you're...you know..." The younger said while he was waving his hand in his hyung's general direction. Hoseok looked at his dongsaeng confused then it dawned on him "so, does he?"

Hoseok looked pointedly at him while responding his question "Why do you even think it would be remotely relevant for me to tell him?"

"Hyung!" Hoseok was taken aback from the seriousness in the younger's voice and his state immediately changed

"No, Jungkook. I haven't told him."

"Were you going to? Ever?" Jungkook realised that that's been a question that his hyung has been dealing with for the past time, especially when Hoseok himself recognised he has been questioning himself the same thing every time he got close to someone. To tell or not to tell? To be viewed as a freak, as a queer or to let them believe he was normal (if that's what ing normal is viewed by...) Fortunately, when Hoseok told Jungkook his secret, aside from a little surprised, the younger has been totally understanding. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he had caught himself on numeous ocasions being attracted to persons of the same .(like not even a half hour ago, you er). Or simply because he cherished his hyung a lot. But he secretly hoped for the latter. Because, he wasn't gay. He had a girlfriend, for God's sakes.

"I don't know" and it was obvious that Hoseok felt extremely frustrated by it "But I have tried to give him a few hints here and there..."

"Uh huh, and how's that working out for you?"

"Well, you know, Taehyung is a special type of person..."

"You don't say..."

"Yeah... "

"Well, to be you"

"But anyway it doesn't matter. It's not like that would change anything"

"You never know."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It just means what it means."

"You can't possibly assume that I will fall for him. Can you now?"

"I don't know hyung. I mean, he is a pretty attractive guy..." Hoseok looked at the boy with curiosity and disbelief

"Oh, could it be possible that you may like him?"

"What the-I have a ing girlfriend, you know?"

"That doesn't answer my question"

"Well, it should. Because this is ing stupid"

"Whatever you say, Kook. Whatever you say."

"How the heck did this end up about me? I was talking about you"

"I think it had something to do with you stating the fact that you find him attractive" (for 's sake, I did not say that) 

"For 's sake, I did not say that! Do not take my words out of context." Jungkook's fury was taken to a whole new level " And I know you, hyung. He's exactly you type. You'll fall for him eventually, if you haven't already!"

"Mind your own damn business"

He deflated a bit by hearing his hyung's words and stopped retaliating "Look, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything like that, but I'm just concerned..."

"Well there's no need to be. I'm a big boy."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. So, how is that girlfriend of yours doing?"

"You're trying to change the subject, aren't you?"

"Nonsense. I'm just curious. Or aren't you together anymore? Anyway, I always knew that relationship wouldn't last long" 

"We're still together hyung" Jungkook said while rolling his eyes. "But thanks for the vote of confidence..."

"Oh, sorry." Hoseok grinned sheepishly "It's just that I've never seen you truly happy around her..."

"Ugh. Here we go again..."

"No, no. I don't wanna lecture you."

"Huh. That's new..."

"Yeah. I realised I've been doing too much of that. It's just... I want you to make the decisions that you want to take. I don't wanna be a nuisance."

"Alright hyung, it's fine..."

"I just wanted to tell you how your relationship lookes to an outsider. No spark whatsoever."

Jungkook looked at Hoseok with an amused expression on his face "You couldn't have just left it at that, could you?"

"Nah... So, do you want to play some videogames?" Hoseok seemed pretty excited about his own new idea. (like we haven't been doing that all the time)

"How old are you even?" 

"I'm still young at heart. Now, do you?"

"Plug it in..." 

Said response made Hoseok's face turn into a full-on grin "Now, that's the Jungkook I know. But seriously now, I should give you some clothes or something. Boy, you poor!"

"I've already  told you. This is fashion!" 

"Yeah yeah, 'chicks dig it', whatever. I still think you got robbed and you won't tell me about it..."

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know that not much goes on in this chapter but it needed to be done. I wanted to establish Hoseok's and Jungkook's relationship and I needed a full chapter for it.  Btw, our youngest is not stupid. He's just a bit gullible and a whole lot of hypocrite...

Hope you liked it. I'm personally not even close to satisfied, but oh well, I never would have been. And that joke...just, just roll with  it...