First Encounter

Slim Chances

          Being squeezed in a stuffy elevator in the middle of July was not in any way something Jungkook took as one of his favorite pastimes. Not when that weird lady was giving him weird looks from underneath her big hat (like seriously, it already took half the space in that already crowded place and his shirt was not that seethrough for her to be staring at him like he has openly offended her), especially when he felt like his skin was melting and perspiration was dripping down on his face like he had ran a marathon (where did this many people need to get anyways on a thursday morning? it's just an average apartament complex, not a freaking mall) and definitely not when he saw a boy (a gorgeous one, he had to give him that) in the deep corner of that four-walled-box drawing ragged breaths and looking like he was about to hyperventilate any second now.

      Like, was he the only one that saw the poor kid? Were these people blind or something? Jungkook looked at the boy and saw how his state was deteriorating with every passing second. He started to get anxious. Was he claustrophobic? And if he was, was he stupid to get into an elevator filled with that many people, or actually get into an elevator at all? Wasn't that the rule for claustrophobic people? no small spaces?

      But he didn't have time to dwell much on that because that guy's state started to get to him (how is no one not noticing? I feel like I'm about to explode and no one gives a . And why isn't he ing trying to get out? Did all his motor skills leave him or something? Oh !) Realising that he may have been right, Jungkook made room for himself in that small place, while hearing the irritated cries of the others (oh, shove it) until he caught the young man by the hand, dragging him towards the front and pressing the button for the upcoming floor. He took advantage of the fact that they had a few more seconds to wait and looked at the boy beside him to see how he was dealing with it all. He was barely breathing and Jungkook felt like a douche for not getting to him sooner. His eyes seemed out of focus and his hair was so damp that his bangs were sticking to his forehead. The kid was a mess. And Jungkook was absolutely sure that he had no idea of his surroundings.

      The doors finally opened and Jungkook rushed outside while dragging the boy with him. He took him to closest wall and sat him down on the cold hard floor. He checked the boy's jean pockets and found a little inhaler in his front one. He brought it close to the boy's lips while putting his hands firmly on the small object, and watched as he recovered enough to take control and draw hungry breaths from it. After a few minutes the boy raised his head and looked at Jungkook with questioning eyes.

"You were having a panic attack" he said sugestively. The boy looked at him in acknowledgment.

"Oh. Yeah, that happens sometimes" by hearing the answer, Jungkook's nerves started to rise.

"And you still entered a ing elevator? Are you that stupid?" the boy only looked at him with a sad smile on his face and Jungkook felt taken aback by his own outburst "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have...I don't know what took over me"

"It's ok. I get that alot." wha was all that Jungkook could think at that moment when that boy was looking at him with those clear and sad eyes. so beautiful. "But trust me, I didn't intend to get on the elevator. It's just that I was trying to get to the stairs, I moved here a few months ago, you know (I will definitelly come and visit Hoseok hyung a lot more from now on. I haven't been here in a while, after all) and I was suddenly cramped by a bunch of people trying to get to the elevator.

"And they pushed you in" Jungkook said with an annoyed tinge in his voice. The boy sighed in embarrasment and nodded his head. "Stupid ing people. And they had the nerve not to give a damn either" he huffed and puffed and eventually helped the boy get up from the ground. Said boy put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder (so warm) and rewarded him with a genuine smile

"Hey, it's fine. Thank you for rescuing me, I owe you one . And I'm sorry for making you worry, but I'm fine now" (is he for real now? how can he be so calm? does him being stuck in an elevator happen a lot? does he reward the other saviors with the same smile? does he tell them that he ows them too? does he look at them with the same crinkling eyes?) a sour expession takes over Jungkook's face without him even realising it.

"I...umm...uh, ok. If you think so. And, it...um.. .was no touble"

"Yeah..." the boy said with a big relieved smile on his face (stop smilng, fo 's sakes, stop)"Hey, do you by any chance live here too?"

"Huh?"

"Well, it's just I've never seen you around before. But then again I haven't been around for long so-" said the boy with a sheepish smile on his lips

"No. No, I don't" said the younger male a little too forcefully

"Oh..." (great, he's looking down. I ing scared him. I'm the stupid one here)

"I...I'm visiting. My hyung, maybe you know him" it was obvious that Jungkook wanted to make the boy  feel comfortable again. He raised his eyes from the floor (finally) and gave Jungkook a contemplating look

"I don't think so. The only person I know here well is Hobi hyung" (Hobi hyung? Who the is Hobi hyung? I don't care. His name is lame anyway)

"Oh, so then you can't possibly know Hoseok hyung..."

"Yeah I guess-huh? No, no, no. That's him, Hobi hyung" Jungkook had a confused expression on his face

"What? Does hyung like to be called that now? So lame..."

"Well, excuse you, I gave him that nickname!" the boy he had just saved looked at him outraged

"Oh, so what are you close or something?" said Jungkook starting to get defensive

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." and the boy saw how a smile started spreading on his lips "Hyung is really good to me"

"Huh. Is he now?" his stare was very intimidating for the other boy

"Yeah...Oh well," he laughed and it was obvious that it sounded strained "Look at the time" (where is he looking? at an imaginary clock on his wrist? wow, he either is a wierdo or thinks that I'm ing retarded) "Gotta dash! Thank you again" said the boy bowing as he was quickly backing out (great, I ing scared him. 7th person this week and it's only thursday. No. it!)

He chased the boy up to the stairs "Hey, wait up!" The boy turned around slowly

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry" he could sense how the boy's shoulders released their tension when he smiled up at him "And...um...I didn't get your name?"

"I ddn't get your name either" he smiled at Jungkook with a twinkle in his eyes

"I'm Jungkook"

"Well hi Jungkook, it's very nice to meet you" (very nice indeed)