It's Show Time...?

Worth

{ KILL COUNT: 004 }

 

"You want me to.... What?!" Kyungsoo's scream resonated in the small but elegant office in the furthest corner of the house. The man on the leather seat merely gave a small smile to the only angered male in the room.

 

"I said I will never say the same thing twice," he said nonchalantly while casually drumming his fingers on the keyboard.

 

"But Appa, he barely trained for three months! How can I let him follow me on this trip?" And when he meant 'trip'' he meant 'stabbing the fellow 17 times in the chest and throwing him in the bathtub full of his own blood', but hey he at least died while taking a bubble bath right? 

 

"Precisely. This should be the first time for his mission, don't you think?" Appa continued typing mindlessly, not sparing Kyungsoo a glance.

 

"But two people will make things messier! And what if he screws up? We can get caught!" Kyungsoo reasoned. Letting Kim Jongin to be part of his mission was a big no no in his book. No hell in this way. Nope never. Over his dead body. But why would he be dead when he can kill Jongin first?

 

"I have faith he will not screw up. Even if he did, I trust that my best killer," Appa looked up from his computer for the first time, "will be able to clean the mess up, like he always did." 

 

"Plus this time it isn't that bad. I specially got you an easy case this time. We won't want Jongin to wet his pants for his first time, don't we?"

 

Kyungsoo opened up the yellow file for the first time since he stepped into the room. Upon looking at the documents, his lips tugged up in a tiny smile and looked up to Appa. Both of them shared a mutual smile and Appa said, "Am I right?"

 

Taking a deep breath to accept defeat, "Yes," he replied. He could not win Appa no matter what. 

 

"That's what I want to hear," Appa's gaze went back to his computer screen, "now go and tell Jongin about it. I'm sure he's excited."

 

►►►

 

Making sure he closed the door without making a sound, Kyungsoo walked to his shared bedroom with Jongin

 

"Stupid Jongin, making my life harder one step at a time," Kyungsoo let out a frustrated sigh as he slammed the door shut, waking up the poor boy lying on his red mattress like a fetus. Jongin's tuff of hair peeked from the matching (red, again) blanket. He struggled to open his eyes, still not used to the blinding daylight. 

 

Jesus Christ, who in the right mind is slamming doors at -- He glanced at the clock on the bedside stand -- 7AM?

 

All thoughts of him trying to whip the hell out of the damned intruder with his three months' worth of kicking no butts (because apparently Satan kicked his more than he ever tried to kick the former's) vanished when his vision cleared to show the view of the exact Satan he was thinking of.

 

"What?" Jongin asked as he rose from his mattress bed. Kyungsoo looked at the pathetic being that was struggling to get out of his bed. Behind his stoic face was a hidden chuckle. So innocent and young, he thought, wait what? Are you even Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo cleared his throat and hoping that would clear his mind of such horrendous thoughts, he gagged inwardly. 

 

"Get up, idiot." Kyungsoo said with a stern, deep voice, "We're kicking some tonight."

 

►►►

 

Jongin knew what to do. Kyungsoo had already briefed him on what is going to happen and another three backup plans accompanied with 387 threats from Satan (yes he counted) if he ever screwed up. But that didn't stop him from furiously calming down the butterflies in his stomach. Sure, it's going to be a great milestone in his nineteen years of existence. Where he's killing a man. (with the help of an accomplice which happens to be Satan himself is not part of the point). 

 

He's going to kill a man. A living being. A father to his children. A son to his parents. A husband to his wife. A man who's part of someone, something, and he's going to take that away just like that.

 

"Stop thinking, you're very noisy." Kyungsoo's voice woke him from his trance. Jongin's eyes widdened, wondering if Kyungsoo could actually hear his thoughts. Before he could even get a word into the conversation, the latter spoke again, "You. Your hands keeps tapping on the dashboard. It's damn annoying." 

 

"Oh..." Jongin managed to let out a dumb reply before muttering a quick, barely audible apology. The two boys shared a comfortable silence in the car, under their masks. Jongin tilted his head to the side, where he got a perfect side view of his partner-in-crime. Kyungsoo's big owl eyes scanned the environment like a hawk, waiting for the target to appear. 

 

How? How does Kyungsoo manage to kill people without batting an eyelid? Does he ever felt guilty because he had taken someone's life away? Was he too young for this job in the first place? Nonsense. According to Appa, Kyungsoo started when he was barely sixteen. And even before that he was already doing the dirty part of the work (cleaning up the aftermath of the area) So how? Maybe he should try to asking him.... If only he wasn't that scary. Jongin sighed as he felt the engine roaring back to life and with a steer of the wheel, they're officially on their mission.

 

►►►

 

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked in a harsh whisper while jerking his partner-in-crime which happened to be a complete idiot by the way. The idiot just shook his head nonchalently while placing his gloved hand over the limp body laying in his own pool of blood. Jongin gently let his hand slide down the man's face, closing the man's eyes in the process. 

 

Much better, Jongin thought, May you rest in peace. Closing his eyes and controlling his emotions, Jongin got up and started cleaning the mess they have caused. Kyungsoo watching at the sidelines got so confused at his partner's actions but shook the feeling off and joined in with the cleaning.

 

Stepping out of the crime scene, the duo went back to the car and on their way back to the headquarters. The ride was silent, as usual, mostly because Jongin was scared out of his guts sitting beside the Satan himself. But this time, Jongin was the one who kept his silence and looked out at the blurring surroundings as the car moved.

 

 

 

(food)note:  i swear this took almost 3 weeks to write T^T writers' block . this chapter sounds very uncomplete but this is all i can come up with... i will kind of edit it when i have the time and brains to do it... meanwhile follow me on twitter at @itsrelaxion and i also made a youtube account where i make fanmade music videos and possibly fanfic trailers for my stories in the future... see you soon and dont forget to comment upvote and subscribe!