I Felt My Soul Running Away From Me

Worth

{ KILL COUNT: 003 }

 

Tired.

 

Jongin laid on the ground like a dead fish. 

 

Jongin was so damn tired he wished God (if there is one) to just take him away, away from that devil whom was coincidentally named Do Kyungsoo. Jongin shifted his eyes to the old clock barely hanging on the peeling concrete wall.

 

8.24PM. Jongin's eyes widened. What? It has barely been thirty minutes? And there he was, feeling like all the life has been away from him. His arms ached, his calves throbbing and his head hurt like hell. He panted, catching every breath he could, as if the air was going to be snatched away from him. All he could hear was the blood in his vein rushing to his aid, whatever those red cells could help to relieve his condition.

 

Simply put, Jongin felt like .

 

Jongin vaguely heard some footsteps. As the footsteps got louder, a face appeared. Kyungsoo's lips pulled up to his signature smirk, with one eyebrow cocked up and Jongin wished that it could fly away from his face. Then Kyungsoo would be this hideous guy that only had one eyebrow his whole life.

 

That would be a fantastic idea, Jongin thought.

 

"Son of a ." Jongin muttered lowly to himself. But for some reason Kyungsoo with his superior hearing managed to pick that up. "Excuse me?" Kyungsoo asked, as if he was offended when he actually wasn't. Jongin just looked like his past self when he was only nine years old receiving training from Appa. But the only difference was that Jongin was nineteen.

 

Weak, Kyungsoo thought as he smiled crudely to the limp body below him. 

 

"Sorry!" Jongin shouted to the devil looking down at him as he saw one of the most evil smiles ever in his life decorated on the devil's face. Before Jongin could further question anything else about his sad, sad, sad life, he felt a force pulling him upwards till his feet could touch the ground.

 

To this day, Jongin was still amazed how the petite body could muster so much strength to lift a grown man (nineteen is considered grown, Jongin argued) up so casually.

 

As Jongin crouched to continue catching his breath, he could hear Kyungsoo turning away from the door.

 

" Told you that you can't handle this," Jongin swore he could hear the underlying amusement in the other male's voice, "meet here tomorrow at the same time." Kyungsoo suddenly turned his head back in which Jongin unconsciously straightened up, "If you're a second late, the training will be twice the intensity and you will probably meet hell very soon." With that, Kyungsoo took off towards the basement door and slammed it shut, leaving Jongin yet again alone.

 

As Jongin walked towards the kitchen to get water a few moments after, he found Xiumin sitting at the kitchen island eating ramen. The two males exchanged eye contact before Xiumin nodded to acknowledge his arrival. 

 

Xiumin was introduced as a 'helper' around the house but in all seriousness, he was also part of the club. The club meaning he was also a killer. Just that Xiumin really loved doing the chores and cooking for everyone in the house, thus he had a secondary job. Furthermore, Xiumin did not even have a passion for killing, unlike Kyungsoo and he just did it because it was a 'job'. 

 

Jongin walked to the refridgerator to get a cold bottle of water like he deserved to before Xiumin spoke up.

 

"Training was tough?" Xiumin asked, his eyes still on his food. Jongin nodded enthusiastically, earning a chuckle from the elder male. "The first few trainings are always tougher, and you will sure get better at this soon" Xiumin said while ruffling the younger male's hair. 

 

"But Kyungsoo is so scary!" Jongin whispered harshly, afraid that the said male who had superior hearing would be able to hear him upstairs. Xiumin let out a laugh again and Jongin pouted.

 

"First of all, that is Kyungsoo Hyung to you. Kyungsoo doesn't like people without manners." Xiumin said with a chuckle, "and Kyungsoo will not be Kyungsoo if he isn't 1. scary or 2. deadly. So I think you would like option 1 instead, right?" Jongin could only sigh excessively as he thought of the deadly hyung upstairs, probably sleeping his off.

 

After bidding a quick wave to Xiumin, Jongin threaded upstairs with intense fear because for the next week and the half, he would be sleeping with Satan aka Do Kyungsoo. Jongin tiptoed into the room and carefully closed the door until he heard some soft snoring from the body in bed. Kyungsoo laid perfectly stilled in his bed. His hands tucked neatly under the blanket and his body straight and perfect. His lips parted slightly and even his hair was also neat.

 

How did he even stay so formal and neat when he sleeps? Jongin's face relaxed a little as he saw the figure on the grey bed sleeping soundly.

 

If only you looked this peaceful and harmless when you're awake. Goodnight.

 

Jongin felt the sides of his mouth tugged upwards as he switch off the sole nightlight at the right side of his mattress. His world, slowly but surely, bubbled into purple darkness. 

 

 

►►►

(food)note: in the middle of my national examinations. using this small hiatus period of the exams to update. wish me luck for next week's hell omg. okay comment upvote and subscribe if you like this chapterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ok bai