Chapter 4

My Neighbour's Cat

Kyungil sat there staring at the half eaten cake for what seemed hours. He wondered if it was a joke, or if Jaeho was just some weirdo who thought this was a proper gift. From what Kyungil had observed the other looked younger, or at least he was shorter, so he could technically  go and confront him about the ‘welcome gift’.

“What if Yijeon is there…” as soon as that thought entered his mind Kyungil immediately got up from the chair feeling more determined to go knock on his neighbors door. He had been too preoccupied glancing at himself on the mirror right on the wall next to the doorway, that he didn’t notice the person standing outside when he opened the door. He almost screamed out in surprise but caught himself in time when he noticed who it was.   

“Y-yijeong?” the smaller boy stood there frozen with his hand up as if about to knock. “Are you okay?” Yijeong put his hand back down, the one he had been holding up for about 10 minutes against the door of his handsome neighbor’s door deciding if he should knock.  

“I-I’m ok!..” he said a bit too loud, he cleared his throat nervously before speaking again, this time in a more normal tone “..I mean, I’m okay..”

“Did you need me for something?”

“Yes!” he blushed “..no..I mean not need in a weird way..just you know..” he fumbled with his words as he tried to somehow not seem as creepy as he probably did. He was surprised when he heard the other’s laugh resonating all around him.

“Relax, I know I look a bit scary but I don’t bite” the taller male smiled kindly “Why don’t you come inside?” Kyungil opened his door wide open moving aside to let the other enter if he wished.

“Okay…” Yijeong smiled as he entered the other’s apartment. He looked around curiously forgetting to take off his shoes at the entrance. Kyungil blinked in surprise when he saw small footprints on his floor leading to the living room and kitchen area.  

he really is like a pet..” he thought following the trail of footprints to where the culprit was standing around just gawking at everything.

“You have a really big TV, I bet movies look wonderful on it”

“Yeah they do, but I rarely watch any” Kyungil walked closer to Yijeong.

“Why don’t you take off your beanie and sweater, it’s not cold in here” Yijeong immediately held on to the beanie as if to prevent Kyungil from taking it off him.

“No it’s okay” Kyungil couldn’t help feeling curious, why was the other holding onto the hat as if his life depended on it but he let it go for the moment.

“Alright…oh by the way, I met your roommate, Jaeho” at the mention of Jaeho’s name Yijeong recalled what he had come over in the first place.

“ He gave you something that he shouldn’t have given you..”

“You mean that cake” Kyungil pointed at the half eaten cake on the table.

“Ah! You already started eating it” Yijeong trotted to the cake looking sad.

“Oh no that wasn’t me, when I opened the box it was already like that, I was actually about to go talk to Jaeho about it”

“He gave it to you like this…” Yijeong sighed not seeming surprised at all by what Jaeho had done. “This was my special cake…” he mumbled not intending for the other to hear.

“Your special cake? That was yours then?” Yijeong nodded closing the lid of the cake.

“Can I have it back?” He asked “I promise I’ll get you an even better one” he looked at Kyungil with pleading eyes.

“Yeah sure” Kyungil wondered if someone had given that cake to Yijeong, from the box he could tell that the store it had been bought from wasn’t an expensive one. In fact the cake was really simple, so the only reason why Yijeong would consider it special would be if someone had given to him.

“Thank you” Kyungil opened his eyes wide when the other flashed him a genuine smile.

“…beautiful…” Yijeong’s smile vanished, he pulled his beanie lower trying to cover his face like his long hair had done before. Kyungil finally realized why he looked so different, he had his hair covered under that horrible moss green beanie. He walked closer to the smaller male tilting his head to look at the other better. “You look different without your hair all over your face” he smiled “You would look a lot better if you took this off thou~” he found an opportunity and to Yijeong’s horror removed his beanie.

“No! Give it back!” Yijeong’s blush deepened as he tried to cover his hair with one hand and reach for his beanie with the other.

ah..so that’s why he was hiding it” Kyungil couldn’t help but stare at Yijeong's chopped up hair. It looked like a kid had grabbed a pair of scissors and just cut randomly. While he was looking at the mess that was Yijeong's hair, the smaller male managed to get his beanie back and place it back over his head pulling it down to cover half of his face to try and cover his embarrassment.

“…did you do that yourself?” Yijeong nodded slowly unable to speak up. “Why didn’t you just go to a hair salon…sorry to say this…but you didn’t do a good job on it. ”

“I know I didn’t!...but I don’t like hair salons…” Kyungil sighed

“Should I fix it for you?” Yijeong uncovered his eyes to look up at Kyungil.

“You can do that?” Kyungil nodded.

“I’m not an expert but I’m actually quite good with my hands” Yijeong couldn’t help looking at the other’s big manly hands, he looked away from them when he realized he was blushing more.

“…I guess you can’t mess it up more than it already is…” he took off his beanie hesitantly letting Kyungil inspect the botched up job he’d done.

“I’ll go get the scissors, you can sit down on one of the chairs.” Yijeong nodded seating down waiting for Kyungil to return. Once back Kyungil draped Yijeong with a big white sheet. “This way it won’t get on your clothes”

“oh okay..” Yijeong fidgeted on the chair trying to relax as he waited for the other to start cutting his hair.

“Don’t move so much, I don’t want to end up leaving you bald”

“Bald?!” Yijeong became even more tense.

“I was just joking, relax” Kyungil chuckled as he took the scissors and a strand of Yijeongs hair and started to cut. The young brunet couldn’t help feeling sleepy as the other’s fingers worked through his hair, the sound of the scissors chopping added to the lulling effect. He tried to rub his sleepy eyes but only managed to remove the sheet and cover his clothes with hair.

“Ah…sorry” Kyungil tried to remove the hair from the younger’s clothes but they wouldn’t come off “They kinda itch…” Yijeong complained

“You’ll just have to take a shower after we finish” Kyungil said nonchalantly as he gave up on trying to remove the hairs from Yijeong's clothes and went back to finish fixing his hair.

“Jaeho is going to get mad at me for dragging hair into the house…” he sighed

“Just take a shower here then, I’ll lend you some of my clothes”

“W-hat?! But-“

“I really don’t mind” Yijeong thought in silence debating on if he should accept the other’s offer. “I won’t take no for an answer”

“…Okay, but I’ll repay it to you somehow”

“You’re going to buy me a cake right, that’s payment enough”

“I’ll buy you two cakes, one as a welcome gift and the other one as payment” Yijeong said determined.

“Alright” Kyungil couldn’t bring himself to tell Yijeong that he wasn’t exactly a fan of sweet things. He finished cutting the smaller males hair. “Okay all done” Yijeong touched his hair feeling his new haircut.

“..it’s short…”

“It looks good on you, go check yourself in the mirror” He took Yijeong's hand and led him to the bathroom. “See you look much nicer now that your face is uncovered” Kyungil smiled standing behind Yijeong as he gawked at himself in the mirror and his new image.

“I look weird…”

“Nonsense you look cool, now go ahead and shower before the hair starts irritating your skin more, I’ll go bring you some clothes and a towel” Kyungil left the bathroom, leaving Yijeong to stare at himself still not sure about having his face uncovered. He bit his lip remembering why he’d tried to cut it in the first place “…If you stopped covering your face you would be beautiful too…”  

“beautiful…” he covered his face with his hands. “I’m an idiot…” he shook his head to try and shake those thoughts away. He went over to turn on the water, he was a bit startled when Kyungil walked in with a towel and clothes for him.

“Take your time okay” he smiled one last time before exiting the bathroom and closing the door after him.

Now that he was alone again Yijeong once again relaxed, he took off his shoes and clothes now covered in prickly hair. He folded them a bit messy and placed them on the sink. He walked into the now warm water and tried to shower as fast as he could. After half an hour he got out, dried himself and took the clothes Kyungil had brought for him. “They’re a bit big” he thought as he put on the shirt that was most likely not baggy on Kyungil but that now looked like a dress on Yijeong. He slipped into the shorts and walked out of the bathroom with the towel over his shoulders.

“Thank you for the clothes” he said once he got to where Kyungil was seated on the couch watching a random tv show. Kyungil glanced at the other who was practically swimming in the clothes he had lent him, he pulled Yijeong onto the couch seating him down before grabbing the towel and placing it over his head to both dry his hair and prevent the smaller male from noticing him trying to stop himself from laughing.

“W-hat are you doing?!...I can dry it myself, You don’t have to-“

“Just let me do it” Yijeong couldn’t argue back he just sat there with his hands awkwardly crossed over his lap. As Kyungil was drying the brunets hair he got an idea, he remembered how Yijeong would blush when he got too close to him.  

He moved his face closer to Yijeong’s as he removed the towel all of a sudden. Kyungil had planned to but it backfired when he found himself just staring at the other’s face and those plump lips now so close to his.

“K-kyungil?” Yijeong stuttered out the other’s name, unable to do anything else as he gawked at the extremely handsome face centimeters away from his.    

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update....>.<

Thank you to everyone who has like the story so far, I know it's not the best written one out there but still thank you for taking your time to read it ^^ 

This time I made the chapter a bit longer, it came out a bit weird thou...I need to seriously improve my writing ^^; anyways, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter too and please look forward to the next ones to come.

Oh and please ignore all the horrible grammatical and spelling errors...orz