Chapter 1

My Neighbour's Cat

Here it is the first chapter to what I hope is a good story....There are some grammar and spelling errors thou (>.<;) hopefully they don't distract you guys from enjoying the story. Hopefully I'll be able to pour in all the KyungJeong feels i have into this fanfic...and there are a lot trust me...

 

 

 

 

 

There was a faint sound of music flowing through the air slowly growing louder. It was a sad melody that woke Kyungil from a dreamless sleep. He reached for his cell phone, the one he’d left charging on the small table beside his bed the night before.

It’s too early” he thought placing the phone back in its place and lazily tugging at his covers all the way up to cover his face.

It was 3 am and a crazy person apparently had no other thing to do but to play classical music. He reached one had out from under the covers making it into a fist as it neared the wall separating his apartment from the one the music was emanating from. He was about to start pounding on the wall to make the person turn off the music but he stopped before his hand reached the wall.

He’d barely moved there a week ago, he didn’t want to have problems with the neighbors so early. Besides the music wasn’t that bothersome, it was just classical music not something more loud like rock.  

He let his hand fall back on the bed. He closed his eyes again and listened to the sound of the music but soon realized that the violin sounded different from the rest of the instruments playing. It was harmonizing with the melody but once in a while it would go out of sync with the rest of the music. He fell asleep wondering why the violin sounded so different, almost like it was afraid to make a mistake.

 


 

The next day he awoke to the sound of his phone ringing uncontrollably.

Now what?” he quickly picked up the phone

“Hello?”

Where are you?!

“Huh? Where else would I be-”

I can’t believe you’re still home! You better get ready and get over here as fast as you can!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!

“Why are you yelling so early in the morn-” the person on the other side cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

Early?! Do you have any idea what time it is?!” Kyungil looked at his phone, it was 1 pm. So it wasn’t early but what he couldn’t understand was why his manager was yelling-. He suddenly dropped the phone remembering what today was.

“!!” he quickly got off of bed picking up the phone as he ran to his closet and realized that it was still empty since most of his clothes were still packed in boxes from the move. He had been so busy lately that he hadn’t had time to unpack everything.

Do you remember now?” he heard his manager sigh

“Yeah, Sorry I completely forgot” he began to open all the boxes that had clothes labeled on them to find something, anything he could wear to the photo shoot he should of arrived at already. “I’ll just take a quick shower and hurry over there as fast as possible”

Fine, I’ll see what i can do to stall the shoot but get here fast!” his manager hung up the phone before Kyungil could apologize again but now wasn’t the time for that he quickly showered and changed.

When he got to the location he was greeted by a worried crew.

“Are you ok?!” one of the stylist asked

“Huh?”

“Are you sure you’re feeling well to be here? Isn’t it best if you go to the hospital instead?” Kyungil wondered what sort of excuse his manager had told them.

“Um..no, I’m ok…”

“We were lucky it was just a minor accident right Kyungil?” his manager said looking at Kyungil with a smile that told him that he better go along with the story.

“Y-yeah, it wasn’t serious, um, i apologize for arriving so late-”

“Don’t worry about that, we’re just glad your ok” the photographer said going over to Kyungil “besides the other model that was suppose to shoot with you isn’t here yet, apparently she caught some type of stomach virus and is most likely not going to come” even though he felt bad for the other model Kyungil was glad he wasn’t the only one who hadn’t arrived on time, even though his excuse wasn’t real.

“Since the other model won’t be coming we planned on only taking your individual shots for today and later when she gets better or once we get a replacement we’ll shoot the couple shots another day”

“Ok”

“Well than go get ready” the photo shoot was going well until it started to rain and it had to be postponed for another day.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you home?” Kyungil’s manager asked

“No, I have to stop at the store to get stuff to eat, so I’ll just take the bus”

“At least take this” his manager handed him an umbrella

“Thanks”

“Well than, I’ll call you when I have your new schedule.”

 


 

 

Kyungil was half expecting the rain to stop or at least get lighter but it got worse as he arrived where he lived. He was glad his manager had lent him an umbrella if he hadn’t he would of probably ended up sick.    

As he neared the entrance to the apartment complex he noticed someone standing in front of the gate completely soaked from the rain. He had longish hair up to his neck, it was a bit curly and disheveled most likely from getting wet. He had a huge case that looked like a guitars but bigger, strapped to his back, it looked funny because the case looked about as tall as him.

“Are you going to go inside?” Kyungil asked, startled the person moved aside to let kyungil through. “I guess not” he thought passing his keycard to open the gate.  

“E-excuse me!” the person suddenly spoke “I-I forgot my keycard.. and.."

"and you want me to let you in?"

"I understand if you don’t want to let me in but I promise I’m not a weirdo or anything...I live here” Kyungil looked at the small man standing there, soaked from head to toe with a huge case strapped to his back saying that he wasn’t a weirdo. He couldn’t help snickering a bit. “W-what’s so funny?” he asked

“No, it’s nothing…” he opened the gate and held it open for the young man to walk inside. His face lit up when he realized that Kyungil was letting him inside

“Thank you!” he said happily going into the courtyard of the apartment complex. He quickly ran towards the main entrance to escape from the rain, inside he waited for Kyungil in front of the elevator “I thought i was going to have to wait there until my roommate arrived from work”

"Well than you're lucky I showed up" the young man smiled entering the elevator as the doors opened. 

"What's your number?" he asked pressing the number to his floor.

“It seems we’re going to the same floor” Kyungil said once he saw that the young man had pressed the number to his floor.

“Oh what a coincidence” he smiled taking a step back to stand besides kyungil. The elevator ride up to the 9 th floor went by in silence except for an occasional drop of water that fell from the young man’s soaked body and hit the floor of the elevator. When the door opened he got off the elevator first.
 

“Thank you for letting me in” he thanked Kyungil once again

 

“no problem” he watched the young man walk towards his apartment. He suddenly realized that he was his next door neighbor.

 

the music” he suddenly remembered the music playing late that morning.

 

“Hey!” Kyungil called out to the  young man who was getting ready to type in the security code to open his door.

 

“Yes?”

 

“This morning, where you the one playing music?”

 

“Yeah, ah I’m sorry, did i wake you up!?”

 

“No..” he lied “..it’s just that, i was wondering why the violin sounded so strange”

 

“Violin?”

 

“Yeah, if i remember correctly it sounded like a violin..”

 

“Ah, no it wasn’t a violin” he pointed at the huge case he had strapped to his back “It was this cello”

 

“Oh, i thought it was the sound of a violin”

 

“It’s normal for people to sometimes mistake the sound of the two, especially with the piece I was practicing last night”

 

“Ah so you were the one playing…”he trailed off  “i haven’t even introduced myself, My name is Song Kyungil and I just moved here about a week ago”

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Yang Yijeong and my roommate is Kim Jaeho, he’s usually not home though…” it became silent again, Yijeong was lost in thought and Kyungil couldn’t find anything else to say.


“Well i guess I'll be seeing you around, I’ll let you go inside and get changed” he said putting an end to the conversation that was headed to more awkwardness.

 

“Oh yeah,” Yijeong said bowing his head slightly making him even shorted than he already was besides kyungil.

 

Once Yijeong had gone inside Kyungil went into his own apartment. He wondered why he’d spoken to him. He wasn’t exactly the type of person to start a random conversation with a stranger, especially one that looked so strange. He smiled remembering the flustered Yijeong as he tried to explain to Kyungil that he wasn’t a weirdo, despite the way he looked.

 

He needs a haircut”  Kyungil thought taking the bag of groceries to his small kitchen. Just as he was putting things away he heard the same melody from last night being played again. This time it was only the sound of the cello. “I wonder what it’s called” he thought as he continued with what he was doing slowly drowning himself in the sound of the cello playing next door.

 

 

 

Ok, well that was the first chapter, hopefully you guys enjoyed it...Do leave comments about what you think about it so far and if i should continue writing it or not. (^v^)/