Chapter 1: You shouldn't trust anyone easily; observe, listen and prove it yourself.

As The Dusk Fall
Please log in to read the full chapter

As The Dusk Fall

A thriller and tragedy-romance story

Presented by: Naito_

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, everyone. Your attention please!”

 

 

The once rowdy room went silent and turn to look at the tall male student who just went inside and clapping his hands loudly. “Now everyone, we will start student council monthly report.”

 

 

“Geez. You are always late, Changmin oppa.” One of them complaining as she saw the male was just grinning without any remorse. The male grimaced while took the seat in the middle of the group.

 

 

“Sorry, sorry. I have something to catch up earlier.” He scratch his back head which is not itchy at all, then he smile widely as he spotted the male who sit next to him. “Anyway… even if I don’t come, you guys still have Kyuhyun, right?”

 

 

The said male, Kyuhyun just laughed as the others start booing the president, “Don’t you think it’s better if we start this now? I am sure everyone here can’t wait to go home since tomorrow is holiday. If you understand what I mean.” He raised his brows at his last sentence, receiving furious nods from the members.

 

 

“Ok, the chit-chat end here. You all can start reading the reports to me start from the left side of my table.” The president took a file of document in front him, “umm, the basketball club?”

 

 

“Yes!” A male stood from his seat, reading the report from his papers. “This club has won a district competition and now they are training themselves for the upcoming national competition.”

 

 

The president nodding his head, “Ok, then—“

 

 

A knock on the door interrupting them, the members staring at each other for seconds before glancing at the president; he glared at the door and his corner of mouth was pulled to a thin line, twitched in annoyance. Anyway, everybody in this school was already warned to not interrupting the student council assembling, unless it’s really, really urgent. Watching the tension growth among the members, the brown haired male who sit next to the triggered president walked to the door. “I will open the door. You guys, continue.”

 

 

The rest of them just nodded briefly before keep going on.

 

 

“What is it?” The male frowned as the first thing he saw as he opened the door is a sweaty back of a junior male student who panted to catch his breath, sweat dropped from his forehead like flood. He had his back leaned on the door which almost fall inside the room as Kyuhyun opened the door. He looked as if he just finished marathon. “You okay?”

 

 

The male nodded, still catching his breath for seconds before he spoke. “Kyuhyun-ssi. Earlier the principal told me to call you. He… wanted to inform you something. About your father.”

 

 

Oh.

 

 

Kyuhyun swallowed a mouthful saliva, throat suddenly drying. He could figure what the male wanted to told him about, he had this uncomfortable stung of uneasiness idling his chest from this morning which he tried hard to ignore the whole day. But he hold his breath and still asked anyway.

 

 

“Okay, what happened to my father?”

 

 

“Your father…. Died.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“He is such a good man. He dedicated most of his life for his job, to protect this small city. It’s such a shame, really.”

 

 

Kyuhyun nodded like for the hundredth time with a sad smile when the old lady who come to his father funeral start wiping her tears away. His brown orbs bored to the crowds who attending the funeral, most of them are oldies who he doesn’t even know but they talked a lot about his father job, achievement and personality. As if they understand his damn father well better than his only son does. His father that they looked up is a person with strong responsibility, justice and moral which is rather distant from what he used to believe. off, he thought furiously. Stop acting as if you know so well about me and that damn dork.

 

 

“Aigoooo, you poor child.” The old hag start to rubbing his head in a very annoying way as if she is treating him as some kind of abandoned street dog. And that is it. Time to leave this nosy lady.

 

 

“Excuse me, ma’am. But I think I need go to the rest room.” The brown haired bowed politely before walked to the rest room, smartly avoiding any annoying flies which may try to babbling about his father again. As he arrived, he went inside one of the chamber and closed the door with a loud bang.

 

 

Sitting on the toilet bowl, he sighed and closed his eyelids as the memory flown back to his mind.

 

 

“We found his Audi crashed to the trees of this forest valley. Our investigation suspected that he lost control of his steering wheel so his car slipped since yesterday was raining heavily. The moment we discovered him, there is no pulse anymore. There is internal bleeding inside his cranium and fracture on the skull surface.”

 

 

Kyuhyun stared in disbelieve at the two cops in front him.

 

 

“And also, we found all this files behind the driver seat; which we believe is belong to Mr. Park. Did he go to Mr. Park Mansion?”

 

 

“Yes, he told me three days ago that he has some business to do with Mr. Park involving his land law or something? I don’t really get it but he said he will stay there for few days.” The cop nodding in unison upon listening to the young male explanation, “We found a luggage of his clothes in the car.”

 

 

“We suspected he went back to the town after finishing works with Mr. Park at 23:00 P.M. But in the middle of his way, it started to rain heavily and thus he had the accident. Our autopsy show he probably died around 24:30 P.M, the cause is the vein lysis in the brain.”

 

 

He sighed again as he recalled yesterday event. Everything happened so fast that it was almost unbelievable. He can still remember how his father demanded him to behave perfectly. Flaw is not allowed. His father who always strict to him and scolding him even for a slight mistake in his doings. Seriously? He died because losing control of his steering wheel? That perfectionist?

 

 

“Because you, Kyuhyun, are the only son of mine. You will bring the Cho legacy and for it, you must not lacking in anything.”

 

 

That is what his father said when he asked why his father always being so hard with him. His mother died when he is just 5 years old boy. He doesn’t really understand why his mother died a young death, but he has a fading memory about his mother; a warm and vanilla fragrance with silky gentle voice which always sang him to sleep. Mournful over his mother death, his father decided to stay as single until his death and raised little Kyuhyun alone.

 

 

Raised and lived alone with his father, Kyuhyun always being a good boy and did everything his father asked even though he actually against it. He learned like there is no tomorrow when he actually want to play like others. He always be a goody-goody son. It’s fine, right? Even though all of those is just an act, if those made his father happy, so be it. For the sake of his father wish. His father love him. And he thought he love his father too.

 

 

But if so, why there is no even a tear dropping when he heard the news of his father dying? Why instead of sorrow there is euphoria seething inside his chest and creeping all over his body as a surge of blissfulness because his father is no more in the world? As a good son, shouldn’t he be sad? Why he felt the binds that tied him up is vanished as his father died? Why is he feeling this way? Why?

 

 

“Did my father really died because of the accident?”

 

 

“…you seriously believe in those stupid cops crap?” A voice from the outside replicate to him. That voice was cruel and taunting, but blazingly beautiful. Liquid and sweet, like honey. Which judging from his voice, Kyuhyun could tell the voice belong to a male on his early twentieth. “And here I thought his son is smarter than this. Kinda disappointing I would say.”

 

 

Kyuhyun fall silent for a second when someone really answering his random thoughts. He stood from his seat, utterly startled. “W-who are you?”

 

 

“My dear, I believe who am I is not the issue here. But your dad, isn’t it? As far as I know your father may have a great reputation in this city society which is one of the reason he is welcomed to my house, still that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have any foes. In fact, he has a lot and which unfortunately is one of my kind.”

 

 

“Your house? Are you Mr.Park—and what do you mean by your kind?” Carefully, the brown haired male walked to the door, hands grabbing the door knob, debating if he should open the door to have proper talk with whoever this guy is.

 

 

However, the voice this time is laughing haughtily. ” I wish I could have a long talk with you too, but time is limited. I guess we will talk later since we will meet again anyway. See you again, then”

 

 

“Wait a moment! There is so many thing I still want to ask--“ Kyuhyun turned the door knob and at the same time, he heard a loud bang. He looked around him as he already out the chamber and he found himself all alone there. Then he walked to the window which is wide open and he scanned outside, but there is nobody there. Maybe there is someone there but it’s dark like pitch black so he can’t see anyone anyway.

 

 

“Where is that person going?” Kyuhyun asked, more to himself.

 

 

“Who is that person?”

 

 

“Huwaaaa--- Changmin-ah!” He jumped slightly when a flat voice spoke just a few inch from his ear. Turned around, he found a tall male who used to be his childhood friend frowning at his panicky reaction.

 

 

“You alright? You already missing for about 15 minutes. They all start wondering where you went so I come to check you up. And also…there is someone wanted to see you. ”

 

 

“No, I am not fine. Thanks to you I almost got a heart attack. And who the hell is this someone, you better not telling me that it’s just another old hag again.” The shorter male huffed in irritation, “I’m so tired of listening other crap about my father and his-oh-so great reputation. I’ve holding back my snarls for these godly hours”

 

 

“I don’t really mind if you punch this guy since I don’t like him much as you do. And I am sure he is here not to babbling about your father greatness since there is nobody as great as his Jesus Christ. But are you sure you want to punch him? I will gladly give you a hand then.”

 

 

“Eh?” He is taken aback by the person description Changmin told him.

 

 

Is it him?

 

 

“Yes, it’s your Siwon hyung, moron. Now wipe the moronic smile of yours and hurry up to see him.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Siwon hyung! Thank you for coming tonight.” Kyuhyun smiled widely as he moved to the corner room where he saw the tanned male stood, he dressed in his usual outfit; black robe covering until his ankle and a silver cross necklace dangling around his neck. His body is well-toned even after being covered by the robe. His hair is black and was combed to the left side. Thick brows aligned perfectly with his eagle eyes, pointed nose and a pair of shape bowed lips. He is the kind of every men wished be and every women ideal man but too bad, with him being a priest, most of women backed off, only could stare fondly at him secretly.

 

 

“Hi, Kyuhyun. Sorry for coming this late.” The tall male smiled, two dimples appearing on both side of his cheeks as the younger bowed deeply to him.

 

 

“No, no. That is okay!” He shook his head quickly, his gleaming eyes won’t leave the latter even for seconds. “I know that the chur

Please log in to read the full chapter