Chapter 2: Because all you need to do is live your life in a way that assures you won't have regret after your death.

As The Dusk Fall
Please log in to read the full chapter

As The Dusk Fall

A thriller and tragedy-romance story

Presented by: Naito_

 

 

 

Changmin POV’s

 

 

I was awake in the darkness of a room. My eyelids which feel heavy refused to open as I sat myself lazily on the mattress, apparently still sleepy. I stayed like that for minutes.

 

 

Then as I open my eyes, the first thing I saw is unfamiliar grayish wall surrounding me, an array of sunlight chimed in from a narrow gap of the tied curtain of the ventilation which is an entirely different side of my bedroom, foreign yet garnished furniture and cold air brushed against my skin with an unpleasantly disgusting stench sending a nausea to the pit of my stomach.

 

 

In that very moment, panic rushed through my mind, the sleepiness which still lingering was replaced by a beastly instinct, my legs stomped to stood up, pounding loudly at the porcelain flooring before I start running toward the door, a thick blanket which I don’t ever remember I’ve wrapped around me fell down. I hastily reached toward the doorknob, twisting it wildly which to my further irritation, it’s locked. And as if my whole body compromised with my unspoken fear, my hands tremble hardly as I tried to smash the door which didn’t work at all. The wooden door is just goddamned thick and as a result of my failure, my shoulder bruised to a nasty reddish-purplish color.

 

 

I went back to sit on the mattress, completely helpless to do anything with my current situation. What should I do? I sighed, calm down. First try to memorize what have you done yesterday night before ended up in this damned place. Yesterday night…I attended Kyuhyun’s father funeral and…

 

 

ah.

 

 

I had a stupid fight with Kyuhyun and almost revealed my true feeling toward my childhood friend, again. Before he could question me more, I ran away, he called my name desperately as he pursued me from behind. He couldn’t reach toward me of course, my legs are longer than his, I silently chuckled at myself. I don’t really remember what happen then but with the help of my anger, I ended up in a nowhere of woods. What a way to go, my stupid self. I reached to pinch the bridge of my nose as I am being reminded at my own foolishness that night. I shoved my hands to my pants pocket, reached toward my phone which to my luck it’s out of signals as I tried to call anybody. And as if it’s not enough, my phone batteries has run out to 10%. God goddess, just what I’ve done to deserve this?

 

 

Then as I’m ready to give up on whatever will occur to me, I saw a silhouette of someone among the dark greeneries, a thankful sigh escaped from my lips. A male of his early twenty which stood almost the same height as me walked to me with a small lantern in his left hand. He is a suave male; I don’t really remember his facial feature really well since it was pitch dark in the wood and even the small light of the lantern doesn’t help a bit but he invited me to his small house as I explained my situation.

 

 

The house I brought upon is a modestly small house but it was warm and comfy enough. From the front door, I could see set of dishes are served on the round wooden table, puffing hot delicious smell across the house. Unexpectedly, my stomach growled loudly, geez, I put my palm on my forehead in attempt to hide my embarrassment.

 

 

The male stared with a frown but he laughed in the next second and told me to help myself with the dishes, an offer that I would never object, I was tired from all the walking anyway. I finished all the dishes without a single worry and feel a sleep in the room the male prepared.

 

 

Huh? I walked toward the only ventilation there, shoving the satin curtain away and my neck stretched out to regard the outside view. I frowned slightly at the greeneries outside, woods surround the place I was held captive at and I am not in the same place as yesterday, the room is different and the whole place is too differ from my last night memories. Even as tired as I was, I clearly remember the place I slept in is a one-floor building-unlike this building which judging from the height here, I am probably between the 4th or 5th floor.

 

 

Am I really being kidnapped? But-who? And just what he achieved by holding me captive here?  As far I concerned, I am quite a slacking person-I tend to lazing and joking around, BUT. I know the limit. I’ve never offended anybody in my life which seem doesn’t last long. Money? My father is a nobody, unlike Kyuhyun father who has a high and well-known of reputation in the city.  He is just an owner of not so big restaurant in the west district. What he earned from it is more than enough but it’s not an amount that allowed them to live hedonically. So just what does my captor want? Co-could it be! He wants my body? Hiiyyy--- Both of my hands went to hug my own body in not a so manly way which I am very sure if I’m not in this death-life situation, I would laugh my off. Too bad, I am only belong to Kyu---

 

 

My words stopped on the track as my very own realization hit me. Sure, I belong to him, both my body and heart. But how about him? Does he even feel the same as I do? Does he even care if he find out I went missing? There is a slight of pang on my chest as I recalled the last night fight, heh, as if. Keep on dreaming, Shim Changmin.

 

 

I sat back at the sickeningly soft mattress, drowning in the serenity of the morning which is too loud for my auditory sense. My jaw clenched in anger, a surge of hatred swelled inside as the more I think about my current situation, it feels so intense and massive that every breath I took is deep and hard-just to who am I directing those feeling? Kyuhyun who is just too oblivious toward anything or me who is a love-sick fool? Whatever it is, it’s definitely not Kyuhyun faults, the brunette has nothing to do with my recklessness. He asked nothing more than a pure friendship from me. I know. I know it. Yet. Why it’s become harder and harder to get a grasp of my own feeling every time he was near me? These unwanted accelerating heartbeat every time he was being reflected in my corner eyes, these unrestrained urge to call, touch, and be close as possible, the desire to do everything as long as I have him by my side, is this the what I refer as the so-called friendship? This growing ugly feeling of mine?

 

 

It’s scared me. I am afraid of this feeling that has metamorphosed to a willingness of living only for him and to do everything just for him. I hate the rising in my chest every time I caught him smiling and talking to other people, even I know it’s just a courtesy. It’s sickening me to my core of being if he is being happy without me. I want him to live only for me as how I live only for him. It’s not fair. You’re not fair, Kyuhyun-ah.

 

 

“My heart is in such a pain.”

 

 

When you are the only one for me, while I am not the only one for you.

 

 

Ryeowook, one of our close friends is the only who notice this and confronted me about it. I guess he could notice the way I treat Kyuhyun has become more and more difficult to fathom as day passed. I admitted it; I’ve become more protective and even went to forbid him from interacting from others, especially that Choi Siwon who if my hunch’s right is taking a liking toward Kyuhyun.

 

 

“Wha-What? You…knew?”

 

 

“Of course, I did notice it, Changmin-ah. I have been friends with you and Kyuhyun for years. It’s so damn obvious. You may fool Kyuhyun and others, but no, not me.”

 

 

I sigh desperately, after all my effort for not being so obvious, “Can you please don’t tell him about this? I mean—it will be so awkward if he know that his childhood friend harbored these kind feeling toward him. For years. I-I can’t stand being separated from him nor hated by him. And I can’t imagine living without him, Wookie-ah.”

 

 

The latter is staring intently at my crumbled form before finally turned his assessing eyes from my pleading ones as I looked up, staring back at him. He kept his silence for minutes thinking and muttered hesitantly, “Fine with me, Changmin-ah. I won’t tell him.”

Please log in to read the full chapter