Debut

Heartcore ~ Co-Ed Band ~ Story Starting

Lucy's P.O.V

Today is the day! The day I start a new beginning. The day I live my dream. The day I prove to everyone who doubted me that I can make it. The day Heartcore debuts! My members and I have been waiting for this forever. As a trainee I was never as good as my sunbaes. Everyone had something special to showcase like dancing, rapping, acting, etc. I could only play the drums. I didn't feel like I was good enough. As I grow older I'm still trying to figure out something that makes me special. But for now I'm focusing on making my group proud.

It was September 13, 2014, the day I knew I wasn't going to forget whether it turns out good or bad. We sat in the waiting room of M!Countdown. Kehvin who sat to my right, nervously played with his fingers. I patted him on the back and smiled when he looked up at me. Kehvin is the member I'm closest to even though people expect me to be closest with Chia.

"Vinnie Oppa, are you ok?" I asked. He looked at me with his grey-blue eyes shining brightly. "I'm fine. Just nervous that's all." He gave me a confused look. "You don't seem nervous at all. Why?"

I thought about it. For some reason I couldn't get nervous easily, in fact I love attention. Being the 'prodigy' in my family, my parents and siblings always praised me. My dad was especially proud mostly because he was a drummer. He's dream was to be in a famous band. I wanted to be just like him.

"I guess I love crowds."

Chia, our eomma, sat to my left along with Jae and Songhyun (I called him Han). You could feel the nervousness and anxiety radiating of each member.

"Guys, if your nervous just think how great all this can turn out." I stood up facing them. "Think about how we'll succeed and the fans and fanclub we're gonna have or even how much money we will make. This debut can go either way but let's at least try and have a great time out on that stage."

"How are you so sure?" Han asked me. "Because I believe in us."

"She's right. We're going to be stars." Jae stood next to me. "We just have to keep a positive attitude."

I giggled. Jae grabbed my hands and we happily jumped and squealed earning chuckles from the other members. We stopped as other groups where giving us strange looks. Groups like EXO, BTS, U-Kiss, Code Royal, Girl's Day, and Lip Service were all around us.

As time passed everyone become more relaxed. That is until BTS, who were right before us, took the stage with their song Danger. I was a bit of a fangirl with a lot of groups and BTS was one of them. I had the biggest crush on Jungkook.

"Are you guys ready?" Chia said. She forced a smile like she always did when she wanted us to stay positive. Chia is like a second mother to me. She makes sure we're safe, happy, and healthy. We tend to go to her for advice. Personally I always thought she was beautiful even though we had different styles. She had a dark boyish look (baggy clothes, sneaker, etc) and I had a bright and girlish style (skirts, heels, etc).

"Unnie, I was born to do this." I gave her a salute. BTS had ended the song and we're walking backstage.

"This is it. Let's do our best and no matter what happens we keep trying." Han said, determination filled his eyes.

"Heartcore Fighting~!" We shouted, not caring if anyone looked. We took our positions on the stage. Han in the front and center (The rest of us we behind him), Chia on his right, Kehvin on his left, and Jae next to Kehvin. I, being the drummer, sat in the back, drumsticks ready. On my count we played our debut song I'm a Loner. To my surprise everyone seemed to enjoy the song and performance. The performance was over and we made our way backstage. Huge smiles on all of our faces.

"We did it!" Jae hugged Han tightly. "That felt great but what if we flop?" Vinnie asked. I slapped his arm hard. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Don't think like that!" I scolded, "We did great!"

Our manager, Nam Hyun Woo, told us how proud he was and that tomorrow we have our second performance and very first interview on Inkigayo.

To celebrate our debut we decided to go out to eat.