Weird aliens and manly cookies

Weird aliens and manly cookies

Weird aliens and manly cookies

 

It was supposed to be just a normal day in the ordinary life of Taehyung. A day like any other when he first spent hours trying to pack his brain cells with knowledge in school and afterwards worked at the little sci-fi shop in the inner city his friend Jimin’s uncle owned.

Or well, if reading series and fooling around with J-hope and Jimin could really be considered work. He probably would have spent the afternoons there anyway but it was extra nice to get paid. However, This payment meant that Taehyung sometimes actually is obligated to do stuff around the shop, like organise new books- which was exactly what he had gotten ordered to do on this completely normal day.

A new Japanese manga Taehyung (manga was more of Jimin’s thing) never had heard about had arrived to the shop this morning and TYaehyung's job was to arrange them all on the right shelf.

The store is, as usual, pretty empty and it is practically empty except for the workers, some teenager and Jimin's stalker that come in every day to stare at him from a safe distance until he thinks it would be too obvious if he stays for any longer and leaves. Of course this oddly badboyish stalker is still very obvious to all of them.

Well, all of them except Jimin that is.

Suddenly the ladder Taehyung stands on wobbles and since he's not exactly good at handling pressed situations Taehyung does exactly the opposite of what he should do.

Which means flopping his arms around in circles to catch his balance, resulting in him losing all control and falling off the ladder completely.

It's not a long fall but Taehyung swears he can see his life pass before his eyes. It might having something to do with that his life mostly consists of reading new sci-fi books and it really doesn’t take a long time for it to flash by but it's still horrifying.

Taehyung closes his eyes, waiting for the deadly impact of the ground but is instead surprised as he feels himself landing on something a lot softer and a lot warmer.

Something that feels suspiciously a lot like arms.

"Careful there" A voice say slightly above him and Taehyung opens his eyes to find himself in the arms of a gorgeous man with sparkling black eyes and a killer smile.

And at that moment Taehyung is sure that he has found his one true soul mate.

 

"You're joking" J-hope deadpans and stares extremely judgingly at Taehyung.

"No, no, no believe me! He is the one!" Taehyung whispers (almost screams) and peeks (extremely obviously) around the shelf.

"You mean Jimin's stalker?" J-hope looks at where Taehyung is staring in disbelief.

"No, the guy next to him!" Taehyung points towards the two teenagers, who're busy pretending to look at some books (whispering about and staring at Jimin).

"The wannabe badboy kid?" J-hope looks him up and down with an unimpressed look. "He doesn't look like prince charming material to me"

"But he's so manly" Taehyung sighs and stares dreamingly at the other boy. "He was such a gentleman when he caught me from falling to my death..."

"From a two step ladder" J-hope reminds, still sounding unimpressed.

"...and he was so nice to me afterwards..."

"Did you even hear what he was saying or were you to busy staring at him?"

"...and his eyes, J-hope! His eyes!" V finishes his dreamy babbling, completely immune to J-hope's sarcasm.

J-hope sighs and decides to just ditch his best friend and go to the left workers toilet instead, completely missing the “out-of-function” sign.

 

"I need to talk to him" Taehyung whispers, totally not talking to himself or watching the (his) man from behind the counter as the other walks after Jimin stalker. The guy looks bored out of his mind and Taehyung decides that it's his duty as a worker at the shop to save him from his friend’s Jimin-stalking.

Therefore he takes a deep breath and make his way out from the counter, ready to pretend to be brave. He slowly walks over to the pair standing (hiding as Jimin’s stalker stalks Jimin) behind a bookshelf while carefully rehearsing his well in-learned customer speech.

“I swear his eyes just naturally sparkle, like how do they do that?” Taehyung hear the stalker whisper as he gets closer and his object of affection sighs.

“Just go and talk to him Suga! Jesus Christ, you have like half the school pinning after you and you can’t even talk to some nerd in a sci-fi store!” He whispers and Taehyung’s heart sink slightly in his chest..

Nerd in a sci-fi store?

And Jimin is the least nerdy of all of them, mostly working there because his uncle owns the place.

It’s too late to turn back now thought and he clears his throat, startling the two teenagers. The moment Taehyung’s prince in shining armour (okay, black leather pants but it is basically the same) turn around the speech he has said a hundred times flies out of the window and his brain feels weirdly empty as he locks eyes with the (his) man.

“Uhh, what are you doing?” He manage to get out and realise too late how stupid it sounds.

“Checking books, what does it look like” Jimin’s stalker answer with a suspicious glare.

“He’s actually stalking your colleague” The gorgeous male corrects his friend and Jimin’s stalker looks utterly betrayed. Taehyung’s stomach feels uncomfortably weird as he locks eyes with the other.

“I know” He blurts out without thinking again and blushes deeply afterwards. Why won’t his brain work properly? “I mean…uhh…you’re kind of obvious, you come here looking for Jimin all the time” He tries to save himself but the stalker only looks angrier and more embarrassed.

“What are you even doing here?” he spits out and Taehyung panics.

Saying that he came here to help them is kind of ruined now and Jimin’s stalker looks ready to storm straight out of the store in pure embarrassment. Although Taehyung can’t help but think that would be quite entertaining to watch he can’t let his prince leave yet.

“I, uhh, am going to help. Jimin!” Taehyung is screaming out the last word and he’s actually got no idea what he’s doing but all he can really focus on is the black eyes fixed on him. “Can you come here for a minute?”

The stalker immediately panics and his friend looks confused for a moment before he understand what’s going on and break into a grin.

“Nice plan” he whispers to Taehyung, who feels his inside swell with happiness at the praise.

“Coming Tae~!” Jimin sing-songs from across the store and strides towards them with a brilliant smile. “Hi! Haven’t I seen you around here before?” He continues when he reaches them and frowns at the stalker and his friend.

Taehyung feels the urge to roll his eyes at Jimin’s denseness and momently forget about the gorgeous male next to him in favour of grinning at the stalkers spluttering.

“He needs help with finding a good new manga” Taehyung irrupts the guy’s weird noises sweetly and beside him the man of his dreams laughs, making him momently forget everything else as he listen to the sound.

“Oh, I love manga!” Jimin says excitedly with a large smile. “This is really a sci-fi bookshop but I’ve made sure my uncle orders a lot of good ones anyway so you’re lucky! What’s your name?” Jimin looks between the two boys.

“Jungkook” The non-stalker one says and Taehyung engraves the name in his mind and on his heart. “But I don’t need help, thank you”

“Suga” The stalker sounds slightly breathless and weird but Jimin just smiles brightly at him.

Taehyung is seriously worrying that the guy will just faint on the spot.

“Okay then Suga, follow me! I will show you all my favourite manga! Which ones have you already read?” Jimin says and starts walking away with Suga.

“Uuuh…” The half dazed male answers intelligently, staring at Jimin like he can’t believe his eyes.

All in all Taehyung think he just did a great match-making job.

And now he’s alone with his one and only.

“So…” Taehyung starts and twists nervously, avoiding Jungkook’s steady gaze. “Do you have anything you want help with? Some outer space sci-fi maybe?”

“Na, I’m not really into all this stuff” Jungkook says with a shrug and Taehyung’s heart sinks. “I like football and dancing and sports ya know? Reading about weird aliens is not really my thing.”

Taehyung tries not to look too hurt and turn his gaze away.

“Oh, well…okay then…should we just follow the others?”

“Yea I guess” Jungkook says with a shrug and starts walking in the direction Suga and Jimin disappeared. “What’s your name?”

“Taehyung” Taehyung answers weakly and follows after the other.

“Nice to meet you Taehyung-ssi” Jungkook says and turns his head back to flash a smile towards the other.

And even though Jungkook doesn’t like weird aliens Taehyung is a 100% sure he likes sporty, charming, good-looking teenagers with adorable smiles.

 

“What am I supposed to do?” Taehyung wails and flops his head down on the counter. “He’s amazingly gorgeous but he hates me and this store! I am not cool or smart or anything and he’s a gentle man! He even helped me with putting a book on the shelf before, even though he doesn’t work here! And all the time I was just giggling like a little girl, uurgh!” He continues and pouts as he tilts his head to the side to look up at his friend.

“You know” Jimin says slowly and looks meaningfully at him. “He only comes to the store when you’re here”

“That’s only because we work at the same shifts!” Taehyung deadpans and Jimin frowns.

“What does that have to do with anything?”

Right then J-hope pass in front of them and sighs loudly.

“You’re both love-struck idiots” He exclaims and proceeds to walk into the left out-of-function toilet again.

“And what’s his excuse for being dumb?” Jimin mumbles and Taehyung stifles a laughter as they hear a high pitched scream from the toilet.

 

When Suga finally asks Jimin out almost a month later he does it by buying Jimin a Naruto plushy with a small note attached to it asking if he’d like to be Suga’s boyfriend. Jimin is probably the only one in the entire Seoul taken by surprised but Taehyung thinks it’s kind of adorable how his friend starts jumping up and down while screaming “yes” repeatedly like Suga just proposed to him. The moment is perfect until Jimin decides just it and kiss the other boy straight on the lips, which causes him to promptly faint on the floor. 

Again Jimin is probably the only one chocked by the turn of events since the others are more surprised over that Suga has lasted this long.

Taehyung still think they’re adorable and dreamily sighs while thinking about how it would be if a certain someone maybe started to find an interest in weird aliens.

Beside Taehyung J-hope mutters something about love-struck as he tapes over the door of the out of function toilet with black and yellow warning tape.

 

It’s an extremely slow afternoon and Taehyung has been forced to take extra shifts since Jimin is out enjoying his very first date with Suga and J-hope muttered something rapping and monsters as an excuse to why he couldn’t show up. This results in Taehyung being all alone in the store with about a hundred books to put up on shelves, even though he’s spent the entire day trying to reduce the mountain of boxes filled with new books.

The only thing he have to look forward to is that his day will be over soon.

A small pling from the door irrupts Taehyung’s depressing work and he looks out from the shelf to welcome the new customer.

The words get stuck in his throat as he sees who it is.

“What are you doing here?” He splutters out before he can stop himself and blushes like crazy. Jungkook freezes on his spot with one hand behind his back like he’s hiding something.

“Can’t I be here?” He asks slowly and if Taehyung didn’t know Jungkook any better he’d think that the other sounds nervous.

“Of course, I…well I just thought you hated this place” Taehyung mummers and looks down on the floor “You’re only here when Suga drags you here and he and Jimin is currently on a date”

There is a short silence and Taehyung anxiously shifts his feet before Jungkook answers.

“Yeah well I was just you know, we could do that?” He says quickly and Taehyung looks up again, completely confused

“Uhh, what?”

“You know all these dating business and stuff…” Jungkook begins and walks towards Taehyung. “I thought maybe we could do that?” He stutters and pulls out the flowers he’d hidden behind his back and holds them out towards Taehyung.

There is a silence as Taehyung just stares at the pink roses in chock while his brain tries to progress what is happening.

“Are you asking me out?” He asks in disbelief, feeling a blush creeping up his cheeks.

“Well…it was supposed to come out a lot more smoothly and manly” Jungkook mumbles and scratches his neck nervously with the hand that’s not holding the flowers. “I mean, it’s fine if you don’t want to. Since I’m not into all that sci-fi stuff I understand if you don’t like me and-“ Jungkook babbles and Taehyung quickly irrupts him

”No! I mean yes, I’m off in half an hour. How about we do something then?” He stutters and quickly take the flowers from Jungkook. The teenager blinks at him before breaking into the most adorable grin Taehyung has ever seen.

“Really? Okay, well I’ll just wait here then?” Jungkook blushes furiously but Taehyung is pretty sure his face is even redder.

“Sounds good” He answers, heart pounding so hard he might just explode with adrenaline and Jungkook turns around to walk into the store. “And Jungkook” The other turns back, already half way between the first shelves. “For the record I still think you’re very manly”

The smile Jungkook sends Taehyung before he disappears leaves the weird little alien in a love hazed daze for the following ten minutes.