Eyes Open

Clairvoyance
Hyuk POV~
 
It was almost noon by the time Leo and N were stable enough to be moved upstairs. Byoungjun's dad had worked tirelessly on both for hours. There had been many moments when they had lost both of them, hearbeats sputtering out only to be kickstarted back to life. But in the end both were in recovery in their bed.
 
Hyuk and Ken had teamed up to clean the blood in Hyde. Byoungjun and his dad were still there. Daehwan, Yoonchul, and Nakhun had already went home. Hongbin and Ravi were assisting in the final preparations needed for Byoungjun and his dad to go home. Hyuk was pretty sure Hongbin wanted to make sure nothing happened to N with Byoungjun lurking around.
 
"Does this happen a lot?" Ken finally breaks the silence that had fallen between them. "I mean... The whole 'almost dying' thing."
 
"From time to time. They're strong though. They always pull through. I just can't believe that Hakyeon managed to kill a demon on his own." Hyuk shrugs. "His powers are for offense, not defense and his aim isn't the best with a gun. But hey. I guess if you mess with Taekwoon, Hakyeon becomes Godzilla."
 
"Do they always get the deadly missions?" Ken scrubs at a crack on the floor caked with sticky, drying blood, a frown of concentration on his face.
 
"Unfortunately, unless we all have the chance to go in a group, yeah. Hakyeon's powers are usually needed to just to see most of the higher up creatures. Like the hell hound last night." Hyuk sighs. It bothered him, feeling like he and Hongbin didn't get to help N and Leo as much as N and Leo helped them.
 
"They're pretty impressive. Well Hakyeon is. The idea of someone so bubbly, adorable, and short killing monsters is impressive. Taekwoon's glare could probably give the devil nightmares though." Ken squirts the blood crusted crack about a thousand times with a bottle of hot, soapy water until Hyuk snatches it away, annoyed by the squeaking noise of the handle.
 
"Taekwoon wishes." Hyuk smiles a little. "He'd intimidate anything that even glanced at Hakyeon. To death."
 
Hongbin POV~
 
"So you two are staying until they wake up?" Hongbin was perched on the arm of the couch next to Ravi,watching Byoungjun closely as the creep paced back and forth in front of the living room window. His father was in the room tending to Leo and N.
 
"Yes." Byoungjun didn't even spare Hongbin a glance. He sympathized with his concern but he still wanted to make sure N didn't get bad touched by his ex. Again.
 
"And as soon as you know they're awake you'll leave?" Hongbin refused to look away from him, wanting to have no doubt in his constant whereabouts.
 
"Yes..." He could tell Byoungjun was getting irritated with him. He just couldn't be bothered to care.
 
"You know he's happy with Taekwoon right?" Hongbin questions, watching in fascination as Byoungjun's eye started twitching.
 
"Yes!" He yells stomping the floor slightly as he keeps pacing.
 
"You know you're dating Daehwan right?" At his last question, Byoungjun stops to look at him. If looks could kill, Hongbin was sure he'd be dead.
 
"Byoungjun. Help me make some tea for when they wake up." Ravi stands up and heads toward the kitchen. Byoungjun hesitates but follows him anyway, probably relieved to at least be away from Hongbin. Hongbin sighs and relaxes, glad Ravi's looking after him for now. Leo better appreciate him when he wakes up.
 
N POV~
 
Even floating in nothingness hurt like hell. If this was death, it was anything but peaceful. Honestly he was disappointed. He was a hero. And all he got was a searing pain in his shoulder, darkness and a faint mumbling noise in the distance. What kind of afterlife was this?
 
At first he thought he was alone but he felt an energy beside him in the void. He knew it well and feeling it there broke his heart. Leo. Leo was with him.
 
"Are we dead?" He questions when he can finally remember how to form words.
 
"Close but no. If we can wake up we'll be fine." Leo grabs his hand, looking concerned. "Will you wake up for me Hakyeon?" He thinks about it for a moment and then nods.
 
"Okay. But if I wake up, you have to wake up too." N decides. "I don't want to go back without you. I'd rather die."
 
"I'll follow you. I promise." Leo agrees, kissing his forehead. "Now open your eyes. I'm right behind you." Suddenly Leo was gone and the pain was a million times worse but somehow his eyes fluttered open.
 
"Hakyeon don't move." Byoungjun's dad was there. N was in Leo's bed. He doesn't listen to the doctor. Instead he leans over to kiss Leo before smacking his face, wincing at the extra jolt of pain from his bite mark.
 
@ "Wake up . You promise." N collapses back on the bed, panting slightly from the pain and effort.
 
"Hakyeon!" Byoungjun's dad sounded shocked at the mistreatment of one patient to another.
 
"Was the slap really necessary?" Leo mumbles, opening one eye to glare at N.
 
"Yes." N grins, scooting over to kiss his boyfriend. "You woke up didn't you?" N grinned. He didn't care how much pain he was in. Leo was alive. He had saved him. It was worth all the pain in the world.
 
Leo POV~
 
"You two are stupid." The voice belonged to Hongbin. Leo opens his other eye and looks over at their friend.
 
"Hey. Don't lump my intelligence with Hakyeon's. He's the idiot." He smirked as N gasps in indignation.
 
"Taekwoon. You jerk." N grabs the pillow and proceeds to try to smother Leo with it. Leo didn't bother to try to fight him off. His abdomin felt like it had caught fire and besides, he knew N would never actually hurt him.
 
"Hakyeon stop." This voice belonged to Byoungjun, causing Leo to stiffen in anger under the pillow. "You'll rip your stitches." He feels N being pulled away from him and as the pillow falls away he sees Byoungjun holding N back by his waist.
 
"He's fine." Leo snaps, making a slight growling noise in frustration. He could see how uncomfortable N looked and if he had to compromise his own stitches to beat Byoungjun to death he would.
 
"Come on Byoungjun. Your dad wants us to look for pain medication in his bag in the van." Hongbin announces, grabbing Byoungjun's wrist to drag him out of the room. Leo heard N's sigh of relief as much as he heard his own.
 
"You two are on bed rest for a few weeks at least." Byoungjun's father was explaining as Ravi helped N settle back down next to Leo. "You both really worried us."
 
"Sorry." N pouts slightly and Leo grabs his boyfriend's hand. "But hey. I exploded a demon. It was pretty great. I feel like I won."
 
"You exploded it?" Leo looked over at N. He was thoroughly surprised.
 
"He's getting stronger. Interesting." He heard a contemplative tone from Byoungjun's father.
 
"Is that weird?" Ravi questions as N nods, clearly proud of himself.
 
"It's the first time I've used a power that was agressive." His grin was so wide Leo was surprised his face didn't hurt. His beautiful N had done something incredible. And for what? To save him? Leo had never felt so special or so undeserving.
 
Ravi POV~
 
Byoungjun and his father left as soon as Hongbin and Byoungjun got back with the pain medication for N and Leo. The couple passed back out a few minutes later, exhausted from their injuries and N's immense explosion of power. At least this time it wasn't a sleep that made them afraid they wouldn't wake up.
 
Hongbin and Ken made them all food after Hyuk and Ken finished cleaning up all the blood. They were eating in the cafe when they heard a knock on the door. Hyuk went to answer it but Hongbin stopped him.
 
"It's probably Byoungjun and he can just shoo and spend time with Daehwan." Hongbin explains but the knocking persists.
 
"I'm sorry baby but I can't take it." Ravi watches Hyuk run to the door and fling it open. "Oh. You."
 
"Hey Eunseo." Ravi stands up, recognizing the girl from the night before. "Is everything okay?"
 
"Yeah. I just... I wanted to check on them. They weren't doing so well." She looked guilty. "You know... The last time I saw them..."
 
"Hey. It isn't your fault you know." Ravi smiles at her a little, hoping to cheer her up.
 
"They're fine. Recovering right now." Hyuk explains and the girl bows.
 
"Thanks. I'm glad. I made these for them as a thanks." She holds out a cute bag of chocolates and runs off as soon as Hyuk took them, clearly feeling shy.
 
"That was sweet of her." Hongbin gets up and snatches the bag out of Hyuk's hand as he closes the door.
 
"They aren't going to get any of those, are they?" Ken questions. Ravi looks at him and smiles, rubbing his leg.
 
"Probably not. Hongbin will bite a person over chocolate." Hyuk laughs as Hongbin runs into the back room, probably to stash his newly acquired snacks like a squirrel.
 
Ken POV~
 
"How long do you think those two will be in recovery?" Ken questions, glancing up at the ceiling to indicate he meant N and Leo.
 
_ "Probably a month or two." Hyuk shrugs. "This is the worst I've seen them actually."
 
"That for Hakyeon's plans to sleep with Taekwoon." Hongbin blurts out and laughs when everyone gives him a questioning look. "He basically admitted it to me when he was drunk." He shrugs and sips at a frozen coffee drink.
 
"He's waited for years. What's two more months?" Hyuk stretches and Hongbin stares at him like he had said the sky was purple and it rained frogs.
 
"If you cut me off for even two weeks I'd kill you." He warns. Ken loved Hongbin. He was feisty.
 
"I'm a !" Ravi half yells, startling all of them.
 
"Wonshik... you?" Hongbin looked shocked. Ravi just shrugs, blushing.
 
"I didn't want to do it with just anyone you know..." He mumbles, stirring his drink.
 
"Me too." Ken admits, leaning over to kiss his boyfriend.
 
"Really Jaehwan?" Ravi asks and Ken nods, kissing him again.
 
"Well that one doesn't surprise me." Hongbin announces and Hyuk starts laughing. Yeah. Hongbin was feisty alright. Ken reminded himself to get him back later.