Chapter Five

My Lovely Ghost Story

Dara pricked her senses into high mode then scooted towards the center of the backseat abruptly. Maybe to abruptly since the driver was shooting her weird gazes, like she was crazy or something. But who could blame him? Dara looked like she knows she is going to be assassinated. Her hands was clamped down on both of her sides, her back straight as a stick and her eyes roaming around the taxi cab like no ones bussiness...

"Ma'am?"

"............"

"Ma'am?"

".............."

"MISS!"

"Wha-what? Were you calling for me? Oh, I'm sorry," Dara said, her wild eyes focusing in the driver who was starring at her in a weird and horrified way.

"Uhm, Miss. We have arrived at your destination," the driver said curtly, his fingers curling around the steering wheel. Dara narrowed her eyes at him before taking out her wallet to pay the amount she needed. The driver nodded his thanks before opening the door for her. Dara got off the cab confused at the drivers action. This feeling was soon intensified by the drivers next action. As soon as Dara shut the cab door, the driver stepped on the gas and took of. So fast that Dara only had a second to move her foot out of the way before it would get squished between the cab's back wheels and the asphalt.

Shaking her head at the cabbie's rudeness, Dara placed the strap of her bag on her shoulder. Running her hands against her skirt, Dara took out the creases on her cream colored skirt. Building up the confidence Dara usually wore to work, she strut her way towards the building and through the glass door which was held open by theit lady gaurd.

Dara was about five steps away before she was stopped abruptly by the gaurd:

"Ma'am?"

Irritated, Dara turned around and smiled a thight lipped smile at the woman. But the woman's face was unmoved.

"Yes?" Dara finally answered.

"Aren't you going to invite your friend it?" the gaurd asked, pointing to nothing but air. Thinking it was a joke, Dara shook her head and turned around, laughing off the gaurd strange question. Dara was with no one...

But something went wrong....

Dara's head suddenly pounded, and something kicked her gut. She felt air whiz past her air and felt the collision of her head against cold and hard marble. Soon the collision played with her vision, making everything all cloudy and fog-like. She heard weird buzzing noises that somewhat resembled voices and the sound of heels against stone. But soon enough, the sound and sight slowly disappeared as Dara slowly slipped into unconsciousness...

@@@@

"Is she awake?"

"Did she wake up last night?"

"Can You shut up?"

Dara slowly opened her eyes. At first, everything was TOO bright. Her surroundings seemed like it had it's own light supply. So that made Dara think she was in heaven, but slowly the light retreated towards something circular up in the ceiling. And that was when Dara's eyes finally adjusted to the light.

Dara guessed she was in the hospital based on the beeping noise, the anti-septic smell and the IV's sticking out of her arm. Dara shuddered at the thought.... IV's in her arm... Taking a deep intake of breath, Dara peeked at the people she was with.

Surrounding her was her sister and two of her best friends: Bom, Minzy and Seunghyun. She didn't know why, but something deep inside of Dara was sad that Jiyong's face wasn't there.

"Dara, are you awake now? Like really awake?" Minzy asked, with a mocking glint in her eyes.

"Of course I am awake. It's not like I was awake but really wasn't," Dara rolled her eyes. She just woke up from unconsciousness and that is how Minzy treated her.

"Well, you have been whimpering alot the past two days..." Bom nodded.

"Whimpering, why the hell.....Wait, what did you say? I was passed out for two days?!" Dara asked, jolting up to a sitting position. A bad idea! As soon as her body moved, her brain started a migraine.

"Ahhhh," Dara hissed, slowly sliding back down. "You shouldn't move to much," Seunghyun told Dara. "Thanks for the heads up," Dara rolled her eyes. As much as Dara loved this guys, she still wonders if they liked seeing her in pain.

"Anyway, no. You haven't been passed out for two days, actually," Bom told Dara.

"How many days then," Dara said, drinking a cup of water down.

"About a week or so," Bom said suddenly.

Dara spit out her water all over Minzy.

"Hey!" Minzy said, looking at her wet t-shirt. Dara smiled meekly. It wasn't like she did it in porpuse.... Okay, maybe aiming it at Minzy was planned, but the whole spit-take thing was totally natural!

"Sorry, Minzy! Anyway, I have been passed out for a week?" Dara said incerdelously.

"Yeah, pretty much," Seunghyun nodded. Dara sighed, reached for the remote and the TV. Thus, marking her silence for the rest of the day.

AUTHOR'S BLABBER: IMPORTANT (AGAIN ^_^)

Okay, you guys. See the number of subscibers? I love all of you for pressing the subscibe button! Yeah, I know this chapter isn't that scary and isn't that interesting. Yeah, for short it's boring. But I promise, I'm going to try to make the next chapter much more interesting! I didn't put any ghostly encounter in this chapter..... Okay, maybe just a bit :).......... Anyway, PLEASE COMMENT! SO I KNOW WHO'S READING. It's okay if you just put UPDATE SOON, since it'll power me to update much sooner :)

Love Lots,

Orange_Carnival ^_^