Chapter 2

Cliche
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong did not want to admit that he really misses Dara and that he started to think that he would be one of those cliché love stories where the guy loses the girl then realizes he needs her because that was what he wanted to avoid.

“I can’t believe this” he raked his hand through his hair in frustration. The day before, his father had called him into the office because he wasn’t focused and actually made a mistake with some release forms for their office’s warehouses. He’d been distracted and he didn’t even notice, his father on the other hand, did.

“Jiyong what is happening to you? You’ve been so distracted the past few days, you’ve been making so many mistakes, get your head on straight son. Don’t tell me this is because of Dara. You were the one who broke it off with her” Mr. Kwon said with a straight face.

It was true, he told his parents of their break up and saying that they took it lightly would be an understatement. His mother was devastated, she loved Dara for him and was looking forward to the day they would’ve tied the knot and his father, he pestered him on and on about letting her go but in the end his stubbornness won over his mother’s gloom and his father’s constant nagging. His parents decided to leave him alone.

“No appa. I’m not thinking about her” his mouth stated but his heart said otherwise.

“Then start acting like it boy. Get your head on straight. No more mistakes son” his father said gravely.

“Yes appa”

***********

“This night can’t get any longer can it?” Dara asked herself as she faced the mirror in the comfort room in one of the restaurants in Seoul.

This has been the twelfth date in two months and so far every single one except this wasn’t a success. The first two were so awkward they didn’t even stare her in the eye (the second one said she was far too pretty) and the third one made a fool of himself and spilled wine all over his suit. She didn’t even want to remember the rest.

This one, Lee Donghae, a technical supervisor at the office was actually very nice; she was the one acting all awkward. In particular conversation she felt so flushed that she just had to excuse herself from the table. This has been their third date and she didn’t know what else to talk about.

‘Maybe I’m starting to get over him?’ she thought to herself. With a final touch up on her lipstick she was out of there.

“Hey are you feeling alright?” Donghae said with a hint of concern in his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I was feeling a little faint but I’m alright now” Dara replied.

“Alright then, if you’re sure” he paused “Do you want to go somewhere else?”

“I think it’s getting late so . . . “

“Say no more, I’ll take you home”

They reached her apartment building in record time which was good because Dara didn’t know how to react, the atmosphere in the car was tense and neither of them said a word. Donghae stepped out of the car and opened the door for her. They both started up the stairs and when they reached her door she breathe a sigh of relief.

“Well here we are” he started.

“Yes. Thanks for tonight. I’m sorry I wasn’t much of a companion”

He shrugged, “It was my pleasure Dara” he leaned in an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter