End

Cliche
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later . 

 

A lone man sits on his patio overlooking his grand estate staring at a young boy as he chases butterflies in the garden. A lot has happened in the last few years and he couldn’t help but scoff at the memories that dared enter his mind as he thinks to himself. He hears shuffling behind him and sees Mrs. Kim as she steps outside. Mrs. Kim then breaks the silence as she announces that dinner will be served soon. “Mr. Kwon, dinner will be ready in a few, perhaps it would be best if the little one comes in now?” “Ah yes” he replied, “Let me get him”

Mrs. Kim bows then enters the sliding doors once again. He stands up from his garden chair and stalks to the little boy kneeling right next to a bed of tulips in hopes of catching the carefree butterfly fluttering from flower to flower.

“Ji hoon, it’s time to come inside now”

“But appa, I haven’t caught the butterfly yet! I’ve been trying to catch it all afternoon” the little boy then pouted cutely.

Jiyong gave a short laugh then said “I know I’ve been watching you try to catch it but it always manages to fly away.”

“It’s not funny appa, I keep trying so hard but the butterfly always goes away” little tears started to appear on the corners of his eyes and his words caught Jiyong off guard.

“There, there, it’s okay” he caught the little boy in his arms and tenderly patted his back. He smiled as a butterfly gingerly made its way towards them.

“Butterflies are amazing creatures Ji hoon, they are as beautiful as they are hard to catch and when you do catch them, its pretty hard to let them go” as he said this he caught the butterfly in his hands and showed it to Ji hoon then set it free.

“Wow appa you caught it! But why did you let it go?” Ji hoon looked at his father with a frown on his cute little face.

“Sometimes you have to let something go so you’d figure out how much it means to you and someday, if you’re lucky, somehow, in some way the same thing might find its way back to you.” He finished with a sigh.

“Okay appa, but I don’t want to go inside yet. Mrs. Kim is going to make me take a bath already!”

“You need to be clean for dinner; you can’t sit on the table looking like that”

“But appa! I don’t want to go yet!” little Ji hoon cried and tried to get way.

“Ji hoon” Jiyong warned. “Appa I don’t want to!” he trashed about, wanting to run to the other side of the garden.

“Don’t make me call your omma young man.”

“Waeyo? Don’t call omma appa, I don’t want to make omma upset” Ji hoon stilled and stared at his father’s grinning face.

“Okay I won’t call omma, but we have to go inside now okay?”

“Deh appa” with a defeated look, Ji hoon made his way to the patio and into the house.

 

*

Dara turned from the pot she was stirring as she heard the sound of the doors from the garden sliding open. She smiled as she saw her Ji hoon with a pout on his face.

“Hi baby, why the long face?” she asked, “I didn’t want to come inside yet, I was busy catching butterflies” he sighed. “Oh really? Well it’s almost time for dinner so you have to go and wash up now baby”. “Appa said the same thing omma”.

“Where is your appa baby?”

“Right here” a manly voice broke through the kitchen. Dara smiled as she saw her husband also sporting a big smile on his handsome face, he slowly made his way towards her then gave her lips a slight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter