3...

The Process of Lemonade

A/N: So I kinda had this great burst of inspiration and the nicest message from a really good friend yesterday :) ENJOY~~

 


 

Luckily your next class is close enough that by the time Youngbae and you arrive Jiyong has not caught up to the both of you. You wave Youngbae a shy goodbye and scurry into your classroom, where of course everyone is staring at you. The late bell rings right then causing you to jump a little and squeak making most of your classmates smile or chuckle. The teacher patiently waits for you to sit down and you basically jump into the nearest open seat, which happens to be the front row right next to the window. As soon as the teacher sees you sitting she starts.

“Good afternoon class. Now as you can probably guess we have a new student this semester. Now dear my name is Jun Cathia.” She looks at you and your blood runs cold.  Oh god is she going to make me introduce myself? Please don’t.

“Of course, you’ll refer to me as Miss Jun.” She laughs at her own joke but when she realizes no one else does, she coughs and turns her attention back to you. Please no please…

“Dear, please stand and tell us about yourself.” The teacher insists and your shoulders sag in defeat. Your brain kicks it into high-gear, million thoughts per second, while you rise and turn to address the class.

“"Annyeonghaseyo…” You stumble over your greeting and almost swallow your saliva down the wrong way. “My-my name is Woon Minhee. I am a first year stud--“ You’re cut off by the class door being slammed open and  you jump almost ten feet in the air. There he is, somehow again, he has found you. He sees you and his eyes narrow. His mouth rises into a thin smirk and you swear you’re heart stopped beating. This is it. I’m dead.

“Minmin~” He sings and starts walking straight towards you completely ignoring the glare from the teacher and the whispers that are coming from the class. You open your mouth to respond but no sound comes out as your mouth takes on the different shapes of words. You don’t even notice when you started taking a step back for each of his steps forward but all you want now is to get as far from the incoming guy as possible. His eyes flicker to something behind you and he suddenly stops and puts his arms out as if he’s about to catch something from above. Confused you take another step away from him and next thing you hear are the gasps from everyone as you fall backwards out the window. Suddenly you’re back in the classroom where some people are screaming, some have run up to the window and you’re just floating off the ground. Your head turns towards a particular chuckle that you’ve heard before and there he is, holding you princess style.

“Careful lil Minmin.” He smirks with a dangerous glint in his eyes. “I don’t you to hurt yourself too badly when you fall for me.” He jokes with you enjoying the way you’re squirming in his arms. For such a small built guy he’s surprisingly strong… or I’m really weak.

“Put me down Jiyong.” You give up struggling and mange to whisper. “Please.” You add quickly when he raises his eyebrow at you.

“Huh?” He feigns innocence and turns his ear towards you. “Who?” He teases.

Your mouth opens again and you blush several different shades of red as you realize what he wants. You close your eyes and take a big gulp before peeping out a small ‘Oppa please.’

Jiyong moves his head from you and drops you, flailing on your way, to the ground. Then he waltzes satisfied to the window seat where you were just seating plopping himself down smugly. The classroom is buzzing at his presence. You manage to make out a few phrases. Most are surprised he showed up for, some can’t believe you know him and all, the last, are amazed he didn’t let you fall. You get up quickly and bow to everyone in embarrassment and turn towards your seat. Jiyong has his hands behind his head leaning back with his feet crossed on the table before him. You notice a thin black mist above you but you dismiss it as your eyes playing tricks on you. You start making your way towards your ex-seat, looking at your shoes the whole time and quickly try grabbing your bag. Jiyong grabs your wrist and stops you, and while holding your wrist turns to the seat next you him and order’s their removal.

“Go find another seat.” He motions to the poor girl that happened to be his seatmate. Her eyes bulge and she nods her head while fumbling to get up and run to the back. Jiyong then drags you by your wrist and forces you to sit in that seat then he slides your bag across the table you two are sharing before you.

The whole time the teacher is glaring at Jiyong but doesn’t say a thing. You notice as soon as Jiyong lifts his head glancing at her boredly and she immediately looks away frightened. Seeing her look away Jiyong turns his face back towards you and rests it on his hand staring at you.

The teacher quickly shushes the class and resumes the lesson as if Jiyong didn’t interrupt.

“Welcome to our class Minmin.” You cringe at the nickname. “Excuse me, Minhee.” She corrects swiftly when Jiyong glares at her and she looks away again to officially start the lesson.

You try to ignore him the whole time but you feel him burning holes in the side of your face. Sigh, here goes nothing.

“Sorry.” You apologize while still taking notes and pretending to look towards the teacher. You hear his laugh underneath his breathe.

“Please do tell me why you’re apologizing Minmin.” He smirks at you. You brave a quick glance at him and you see his sincere curiosity.

You look back towards the front and clear your throat quietly.

“I made you angry.” You state fidgeting.

“Really now? When did you do this?” He asks sounding utterly surprised.

You turn again towards him, this time completely facing him. He sees your obvious confusion and laughs whole-heartedly. You panic and quickly cover his mouth to muffle the noise as you guiltily glace back at Miss Jun, who has stopped to glare you the two of you. Jiyong then your hand causing you to shriek and pull back your hands. Of course this only makes him start howling with laughter clutching his stomach.

Again everyone in the room is muttering to each other in disbelief and you sink deep into your seat to try and hide yourself.

Miss Jun coughs loudly regaining everyone’s, bedsides Jiyong’s, attention back towards the front. You push yourself to ignore his laughter and try to catch up your notes with the lecture. Eventually he quiets down again and stares at the notes on the board for a bit. A bit being about 5 seconds before he flops himself on the table, rather cutely you note, which you then mentally scolding yourself for letting him distract you. He turns his face back towards you and begins staring at you again with his cheek squished on the table’s surface.

“Now we have about twenty minutes of class left.” Miss Jun announces after a while and there’s a small moment of cheering. “But,” she continues making everyone groan. “I don’t plan to let you guys out early. Minhee,” she calls through the complaints from the class. You stand immediately.

“Neh-umm I mean yes?” You correct yourself quickly remembering that this facility strongly encourages using English as much as possible.

“Will you please pass out this worksheet to everyone in the class?” She asks and her smile is clearly forced.

“Of course. I would be honored.” You quickly response and bow towards her. Her smile turns genuine at your enthusiasm while the people around you snicker and some hushed name-calling such as ‘goodie-goodie’ or ‘teacher’s pet’. Suddenly a table is slammed at it takes you a few second to recognize it was your, now-standing, tablemate who slammed the both of yours table. Everyone shuts up instantly and as you turn towards him, he speaks.

“It’ll be faster if two people split the job.” He states, with a poker face, to Miss Jun, who simple nods slowly. He then walks up to her and she takes one step back as he approaches but if he notices, he ignores it. Taking the papers from her, he returns only to give half to you. He then turns and goes to the other side of the classroom to hand out the sheets. At first he’s give them directly to the students but after realizing it’s taking too long he scoffs and changes his method to placing them on the desks. You finally snap out of your daze and hurry to pass out your half of the assignment. There’s complete silence as the both of you pass out the worksheet and you notice that although your classmates won’t dare to look at Jiyong, they have no difficulty staring at you. Some girls even are giving you the evil eye the whole time. A few of the girls mutter degrading words at you while you pass but you try your hardest to finish the job so you can finally sit down and get done with this class for the day.

As you return to your table, Jiyong is already there arms crossed facing forward looking extremely ticked off. Taking your seat you glimpse the assignment noticing all of the questions had been somewhat covered in class. You decide that putting it off for a few minutes won’t hurt. Taking a deep breath, you turn your whole self towards your tablemate and tap his shoulder. He turns only his head and glowers down at you.

“Thank you.” You bow to him quickly, staring back into his eyes, which have barely soften. He’s eyes flick back and forth between yours. Not knowing what else to do you shift yourself back in your seat properly. The silence between you two is covered by the class’ individual discussions with each other.

You bite your lip and take another breath before re-turning your head to look at Jiyong. You find a small smile on his face which, if you were honest, completely takes your breath away.

No no no Minhee. You are not swooning over this boy. You must have gasped because he starts chuckling and turns away from you slightly to cover his mouth.

“You’re really interesting you know that.” He smiles, still chuckling at you. You blush and snap your head forward, hiding your face with your hand. A smile creeps to your lips and you decide to muster all of your courage to face him.

“Jiyong.” You start off serious and he gives you an amused smirk but let’s you continue. “Are you trying to be my friend or are you just having fun confusing me?” You ask in your most menacing voice but all he does is chuckle and stare at you. Finally he rest his face in his hands and responses smoothly, “and if I like you?”

“Good. I like you too, will you be my friend?” You blurt out with a huge smile. He just blinks at you stunned but then starts laughing hysterically and pounding the table. You’re taken back and again you two have the attention of the whole classroom. You try to shush him a little but he’s paying no attention to you at the moment, so you give up and decide to bow to everyone else muttering ’sorry’ for the disturbance.

Just then Jiyong grabs your shoulder and spins you around. He has the biggest smile you’ve seen yet on his face and he’s still chuckling under his breath.

“You’re my favorite person right now.” He practically yells to the room in English. You’re still completely stunned from being whipped around and your English skills are lacking severely but he like a little kid on Christmas Day so you crack a smile back and start giggling.

 Ehhh I think that’s a yes. You mentally shrug to yourself as the bell rings signaling your next class. One official friend Minhee, you’re doing pretty well for your first day.