2...

The Process of Lemonade

As the words sink in you slowly brings your eyes down to stare at your food. Well on the bright side you made some new friends, if you could really call them friends. They did seem to accept you and considering the confuse looks from the surrounding tables, the fact you were in one piece, much less the fact Jiyong just called you family, was a good thing. You were brought out of your thoughts by Daesung voice. You turn your head towards him a little too suddenly and almost end up head-butting him. Both of you are slightly taken back at the closeness of your faces until Daesung brakes the silence once again.

“Our Minnie has really pretty eyes! They’re like mini-sunsets!” He exclaims as his face starts inching closer for a better look. The closer his face gets the more you try to lean away. You completely forgot how close Youngbae was on the other side of you until you feel yourself leaning on him. You turn yourself slowing towards the older boy horrified. Luckily Youngbae takes no notice of you and instead spits a puff of fire right into Daesung’s face.

“Would you stop squishing Minhee and I?” He tsks at the other boy, who is now furiously trying to wipe the black ash off his face. Seungri’s laugh makes you notice a small flame at the top of Daesung’s forehead.

“Uh, eh, your..” Your tongue stumbles over itself to make words as you point towards the flame. Daesung turns around, trying to figure out what you’re pointing at, while Jiyong chuckles at the scene before him. Elbowing Seungri, he nods his head towards his other dongsaeng. “Man now all we need now is popcorn.”

“Who wants cable anyways?” Seungri returns the elder’s smirk with a hoot.

Seunghyun looks up nonchalantly at the noise and turns towards Daesung. He stares blankly at the younger before finally his fingers and reaching over to extinguish the flame. As soon as he finishes, his eyes wandered over to your frozen state of horror. Amused, he picks up some meat from his plate and feeds it into your open mouth. Naturally, in your startled state, you decide to swallow the piece whole, which leads to you choking. Of course, all the boys find this extremely entertaining and roar with laughter at your state of panic. Fanning yourself, as if that would clear your throat of the blockage, you are extremely thankful when Youngbae chooses to aid you. While one of his hands pats your back, the other holds up his water cup for you to drink. Without a moment’s hesitation you grab for the liquid before you begin chugging the whole glass down. At this point only Jiyong and Seungri are still laughing. Seunghyun has his eyebrows up with a guilty expression and Daesung is pouting angrily at the two who are still laughing. In your relief, of successfully swallowing the piece of meat properly and to your horror, you accidently let out a burp. It wasn’t extremely loud but it is quite unlike you to be so rude. Your hands fly immediately to cover your mouth. There’s complete silence around you as everyone near stares. You squeeze your eyes and pray this isn’t actually happening to you. The silence is finally broken by the five guys as they burst out laughting. You feel something lay on both your left shoulder and head causing you to open your eyes. Youngbae’s forehead is resting on your shoulder and Daesung’s hand is petting your hair, both with huge smiles on their faces, silently laughing while Seunghyun’s leaning over the table with his face in his hands trying to suppress his chuckles and keep a straight face. The other two, Seungri and Jiyong, are falling over each other and out of their chairs, barely able to interject words between their laughter.

“She BURPED” or “Ewwwwwww” and you think you hear an “I’m in awe”, somewhere in there but there are too much laughter happening around you, which doesn’t help your current thought process of ‘where is the nearest hole so I can crawl in it and die now’. Then the bell rings, a welcomed escape, and you quickly try to take advantage to leave. Unfortunately, you rush with your dishes straight into a random guy and your lunch tray goes clattering on the floor. Even though you manage to not get any on the other person you quickly squat to clean the mess while apologizing.

“I am so sorry I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

The guy kicks your tray away from your hands before you can grab it, leaving you slightly stunned and very much afraid to lift your head.

“Oh, so sorry.” His voice dripping with sarcasm. “My foot wasn’t watching where it was going.”

You don’t move as you hear the laughter of this group and the sound of high-fives above you. You feel someone beside you and you manage to turn your head enough to find Youngbae currently cleaning up the mess. Daesung is quickly on the other side helping you up.

“Minnie are you okay?” His face is filled with worry and you feel tears forming in your eyes by his gentleness. He’s basically holding you up at this point and you look away so you can control your emotions.

Soon the boys notice just who’s at their feet and are instantly silenced.

“T-T-Ta-Tae-Taeyang nim?” One of the guys manages to squeak out.

You hear a dark chuckle from the table. As you turn you see Jiyong playing with another dark orb, except this one is bigger and almost pitch black.

Hmm. That was quite rude to our Minmin.” He speaks the statement slowly in a very low voice. “It would be a shame if something were to happen to you… or would it?” He glances beside him at Seungri who smirks and cracks his knuckles.

“G.. dragon…” One guy looks as if he's about to wet his pants.

The fear from everyone around you is heavy and you hear the scattering of people all around the cafeteria. You feel shivers and although you’re terrified, you don’t leave with them. The boys stutter an apology to you and run off leaving only the five Big Bang boys with you. Youngbae walks off to the nearest trashcan, Seunghyun never stopped eating throughout the whole ordeal, and Daesung is circling you checking for any injuries. The remaining two boys have returned to their meals laughing and smirking at their “ingeniousness”. Your eyes are glued to Jiyong’s face and for some reason you feel yourself take a step towards him.

“You didn’t have to do that.” That confident voice can’t be you. You would never be brave enough to speak against him much less almost command Jiyong.

Jiyong turns his attention towards you and his smile fades as he lifts one of his eyebrows in question. Two options, either back down and thank him or continue to pretend you have a backbone. You you lips slightly and swallow the lump that’s building up in your throat.

“Thank you.” You state with a swift bow. “Next time please don’t help me.” You quickly grab your bag and walk as fast as your legs will take you away before Jiyong has a chance to respond. Daesung, of course, calls after you and you feel horrible for being so rude to such a nice guy.

What have I just done? Why did I do that? You mentally cringe remembering Jiyong’s expression right before you ran off. His eyebrows were to his hair line with a mixture of surprised and annoyance.

You are so distracted by mentally scolding yourself you only just register that the weight of your bag disappearing. You stop and look up in surprise at Seunghyun next to you with your bag on his shoulder. He just glances down at you, nods and continues walking with your bag. You’re trying to process everything when suddenly Daesung links arms with you.

“Thank god you stopped Minnie!” He smiles. “I almost lost you. Do you know you walk really fast for someone so small?” Daesung giggles and taps you on your nose.

 What in the flippin flipper babies is even going on? Needless to say you are severally confused with how nice these boys keep treating you. As if it couldn’t get any stranger, Seungri passes you and flicks the back of your head.

“Don’t talk to my ‘Yongie like that!” He nags then sticks out his tongue. “I’ll see you around,” he promises as Daesung gives you a quick hug and they both rush off down a different hallway.

You remember Seunghyun has your bag and you quickly catch up with him. You’re about to ask him for your bag back when a hand grabs your shoulder and pulls you backwards.

“Stop running.” An out of breath Jiyong scolds then he bends over to catch his breath. You freeze again trying to figure out how he’s going to kill you for your earlier outburst. Instead he just looks up at you and squints out of one eye and laughs.

“Hyung!” Youngbae calls out from beside you and Jiyong making Seunghyun stop ahead of you all half-way in a classroom. “Are you going to take her bag to your class?” He laughs.

Seunghyun takes off the bag and stares at it for a bit, as if trying to remember why he has it, before he walks back towards you.

“My bad.” He sheepishly smiles at the ground. Of course his voice makes you blush instantly and you try to thank him but it comes out more like, “worries thanks you no.” Luckily he just chuckles and pats your head before gracefully walking back to the classroom.

“Aish Minmin. I’m way better looking than Top-hyung!” Jiyong exclaims with a pout.

Flustered you try to think of something positive to say back.

“Unnn well… you’re certainly prettier than Seunghyun-sunbae.” You respond with a double thumbs up to Jiyong.

Youngbae bursts into laughter at your comment and puts his arm around your back leading you away from a stunned Jiyong.

“Let’s get you to class before you’re late.” He chuckles “History 310, Room 191.” He mutters reading the schedule in your hand. He nods and mumbles he’ll walk you there.

“YA! MINMIN! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!” Jiyong screams from behind you and you wince.

-What did I do this time…-

Youngbae just laughs again and tells you not to worry about it.

“Don’t pay attention to him. He’s got vanity issues.” Youngbae winks down at you.                                                                                                                      

You begin to wonder how the heck you're going to survive even one year here with these boys.