chapter 7

My Mr. Vampire

In the library, Sally was looking for some interesting books to read in her spare time. She got love-comedy novel. She carried the book to free space for reading.

There were few people there and all of them were into their books. Sally found an empty chair nearby window and started to read her book.

It was almost 5 pm when she noticed that she got some messages on her iPhone. It was from Daehyun,
“Hey Sally,
I'm sorry, we can't drop you home today and tomorrow morning. Something came up and it should be done by tomorrow.
- Daehyun”

Sally's reply was
“Hi,
It's okay. I can go by myself^^ You two take care.
-Sally”

Sally felt lonely, she was hoping to see him, his smile. These days, she thinks of him often. Even in the class, she would think about Daehyun and what he said at cafe. Erasing all thoughts, she returned her attention on her book.

Closing her half read book, she looked at the clock and hurriedly went to counter for registration. It was almost time to closed the library. When she was about to step out of the library, someone tapped her shoulder. She froze and slowly turning back. Now she was facing a guy with big smile, making his eyes crescent.

“Long time since we met at club.” the guy said still smiling. “Or you have already forgotten me?”

“Gikwang-sshi! How can I forget you?!” she beam with joy. “At the club, I'm very thankful to you.”

“That was nothing.” he said, “By the way, are you already done with your dinner? If not, let's go somewhere to eat. I was reading an ancient book and didn't realize the time.” he said rubbing his stomach, “I'm starving.”

Sally chuckled at his cute acton. “I think that's good idea. I'm starving too!” she said.

Gikwang took Sally to one of his favorite restaurant. They talked about how their studies are and lectures. When Gikwang asked about her family, Sally looked at her hand ,and in low voice she told him about her family's death...

When Sally finished with her story. Gikwang was sitting still, his face was stiffened by shock.

He remember the day clearly.

 

...Five years ago, the day when Gikwang and Dongwoon ran away from their house because they had fight with Hyunseung, and arrived at this town without knowing that they were forbidden to enter this town. Both Gikwang and Dongwoon were hungry. Hungry for blood. Still they have trouble in controlling their hunger. 
Dongwoon climbed one's house wall which was Sally's house. Gikwang tried to pull him down but their hunger won over them. By their luck, the backdoor of the house was unlocked, they quietly entered the house. They found a lady at kitchen. From her back, Dongwoon jumped at her, his eyes were turned red. Before she could scream for help, Dongwoon covered and stink his fangs on her neck... Her eyes widen with pain running inside her, she tried to push him but he was way too stronger than her. It took few minutes before he would drain all her blood.
Just then, a man who looked like her husband entered the kitchen, his eyes landed on his lifeless wife's body and ran towards her. He screamed her name again and again he was crying. He then shifted his eyes on other two with anger, shouting many cursing words at them. The moment he rubbed his eyes with his shirt's sleeves, Gikwang was in front of his face. His eyes were turned all black. Without other thought, Gikwang bit the man's neck. His lifeless body fell on ground next to her wife.
Leaving their bodies, Gikwang and Dongwoon explored the house for other living human. Gikwang searched the 2nd floor and entered the room which was Sally's. He looked around the room and picked up the photo flame in which, the man and wife whom they just killed were holding a baby girl, which was no other than Sally. Gikwang droped the flame and left the room.
He saw other BEAST members were also gathered there. Doojoon's anger was at his peak. He slapped Gikwang and Dongwoon, and Hyunseung for causing useless fight.
“What have you done? Taking two innocent lives...” Doojoon glanced at two bodies, he said calmly, “Gikwang, Dongwoon, we are not allowed to be here. We are driven out out this town.” he looked at two confused  figures. “I will tell you why but first we must hide them. BAP should not know about this.” 
“They are not here” Junhyung said, “They went to Kingdom for some meetings.”
“But we can't just leave them like that.” Yoseob said.
“Burn it.” Junhyung looked at Yoseob. “Burn the house. Make it look like they were died by house fire.” he pointed at the gas heater on the corner of the room, “Use that heater.”
Soon the house was on fire. The neighbours noticed the fire and called the fire fighters. The place got crowded with neighbors, ambulances and fire fighters. The BEAST escaped from the place without anyone's notice
...

Gikwang was speechless. He didn't expected that the house they attacked was Sally's. 

“Gikwang? Gikwang!” Sally called his name but Gikwang was lost in his thought. “Gikwang!!” She shook his arms but pulled her hands away.

H-he is masculine! It didn't look like from the shirt he is wearing...

Gikwang snapped back and noticed that Sally was slightly blushing. “Sorry I was lost in my thoughts. Why are you blushing?” he asked.

“A-ah it's nothing.” she looked at her empty plate. 

“Okay.” Gikwang smiled. “Do you wanna go now?”

“Yea, sure.” she answered.

Gikwang decided to tell her about the past later.
_______________________________________________
When they reached in front of Sally's apartment, Gikwang said, “Your apartment is on my way home. I can give a ride everyday, if you want.”

“That's great but I already have my friends who pick and drop me everyday.” Sally said, feeling sorry to declining his offer.

“But I didn't saw anyone today.” Gikwang said.

“They have something to do which is done by tomorrow.” Sally answered with forced smile.

“Then I will come to pick you tomorrow.” Gikwang said with serious tone, “Can I ask one thing?” he didn't wait for her and asked, “Is that the boy who I met at club?”

Sally looked at him and nodded, “Yes, he's Daehyun and Youngjae. Why?”

“It's nothing. I just wanted to know.” he tightened the grip on the handle. 

Before letting her go, Gikwang asked to exchange their numbers. He watched Sally till she went inside her apartment.

Gikwang looked at her number and smiled. He sent the message to her

“I enjoyed today's dinner with you. Let's have another meal together!
-Gikwang”

He looked at her apartment for one last time and drove off to his home.
__________________________________________________
Sally locked the door, placing her bag on couch and sat beside it. She noticed a message Gikwang sent her. Sally smiled after reading it.

“Me too! Yes, let's do it^^
Drive home safely.
-Sally”

Sally sent the reply. She placed the iPhone on table and went to take shower.
______________________________________________________
Next morning, Gikwang was waiting for Sally at her apartment. He was leaning to his car, when the front door open, Sally came running towards him.

“I'm sorry, I woke up bit late.” Sally said catching her breathe.

“It's okay, you could had take more time. Beside it was my plan to have morning coffee together.” Gikwang took her bag and put it on back seat.

They went to the cafe near by university. Gikwang brought cafe latte for both of them. His eyes landed on the book that Sally put on the table. It was “Frankenstein”. 

“You are studying about Frankenstein, is this interesting? Who's class are you taking?” he asked her.

“Yes, it is. It's about how Frankenstein was created and his feelings. I'm taking professor Jung Ilwoo's class.” Sally said with smile.

“I used to take his classes too.” Gikwang said, “He is unique and different from other professors.”

“I agree. He jokes during classes and make us laugh.” she grinned.

Gikwang smiled at her cuteness. How can a girl be so cute when she smiles...

“Shall we go now? We might get late for class.” Sally suggested.

They both left the cafe and headed to university.
________________________________________________
Sally was sitting at the back of class. 

This class is boring... Why did I even took his class...

The elder professor was talking about his adventure when he was young, for her..... it was very boring.

Sally felt her eyes closing, she tried to keep her eyes open.... but failed. Adjusting her arms on the long horizontal desk, she was glad that no students were sitting besides her. She then put her head on arms and closed her eyes.

Sally saw herself alone in green field. Walking without any clue, where she was heading to but still continued to walk. It was when she saw a person standing, who she loved the most, she stopped. That person smiled at Sally.

Sally ran to the person and threw a hug, “Grandma! I missed you so much!” drop of tear fall from her eyes.

“My dear, I missed you too. You are doing fine and I don't have to worry about you anymore.” Sally's Grandma Sally's head. Her eyes were teary. Tears of happiness.

Slowly breaking the hug, they both sat on the ground. Sally told Grandma about her new friends and university life. Sally asked her about Grandpa.

“He will come to you another time.” said Grandma holding Sally's hand. She looked at Sally straight to her eyes and said, “Sally, you still use the dressing table which we gifted you, right?”

Sally nodded.

Grandma smiled. “Inside the dressing table, there's a necklace for you. That necklace is from your parents, they planned to gift you at your 20th birthday but sadly, they couldn't.” she had sad smile on her face, “So dear, you must take it and wear it everyday.”

“But there was no necklace there.” Sally said, recalling the things inside her dressing table.

“There is hidden drawer. Your Grandpa had put it inside that.” She keep Sally's arm. 

To her response, Sally's nodded.

Slowly her surroundings seemed to blur and the warmth of her Grandma's hand was also fading. Sally tried hold it but her sight was blacken......

Slowly rising her head, Sally noticed the class was overed and most of the students were already gone. She yawned and stretched her arms upwards. 

Mmm...hah.. I slept for an hour..... Sally rubbed her eyes. I must find that necklace as soon as I get home....

 

 

 

Hi^^

I'm having problem in writing cute scenes....

From Monday, my univ. is starting again T.T 

I will get busy again but will try to write story!

please do support this story. Thank you^^