W I N N E R S !!

r i g h t i n t h e f e e l s • a writing contest >> that's closed, but a new one's linked in Chapter 80!! :)

Ermagawd it's here. 

How is everyone :)?

Before I'd reveal what we have all been waiting for, I'd just like to say, that all the entries were so beautiful, so well written, storylines so creative and enrapturing, that I seriously wanted to give out a whole lot more than three prizes. I just couldn't draw out three, and three only. 

 

But I did. It was challenging, but I did (lmfao I sound so mean right now. Please, let's stay friends c:).

 

I compared entry to entry, re-read a few because my memory stinks, and questioned many aspects of which stories could win me over in. I switched stories around, looked at many and thought "damnit damnit damnit they should be in my top three!". I have SO many things to comment about every one, and I'd really like to voice out why I didn't end up choosing the other entries, so if you haven't already, please request for a rant/review (whichever one you'd like to refer it as). 

 

OKAY HERE ARE THE WINNING ENTRIES. This will start with mayazero's top three one-shots:

 

MAYZERO'S TOP THREE ONE-SHOTS OF RIGHT IN THE FEELS:

 

THIRD - ByungHannie's "Overdosed Wish"

My two cents: What drew me first to this was the writing style. I love these kinds of writing styles and, well, the fact that the story was a glorious mixture of dark, angst, and twists was another beautiful fact. I love those kinds of story. So it was no question really this managed to be part of my top three. Although, honestly, there were times when I find myself confused and lost - so that's why this was only third. But anyways, I loved Krystal here (Go girl!). She didn't let anything get her down and, although it was a hard road, in the end she got what she wanted - made both Kyungsoo and Jongin suffer. I just felt really sorry for Kyungsoo here, because he was the one who got caught between the two (not really) siblings and, in the end, became the victim. It's just sad, really, that what Jongin said to Krystal came true - that he hopes she'll never see their kid - but I have a feeling she prefers that. Reading this made me remember Conchita Wurst's song Rise Like A Phoenix and had that on loop for an hour haha.

 

. . .

 

SECOND - missheartbreaker's "Scars"

My two cents: I love this story. Really. This was written so beautifully it wasn't that hard to imagine it. For me, Luhan here was real. His struggles were real. And instead of reading a story, I saw a real life movie playing in front of me based on everyday people. I could relate with Luhan here, because although I'm not (fully) Chinese, my grandfather was and brought my mother and her siblings the same way - which they passed unto me. God, the pressure and expectations - I really hated them. I could understand everything Luhan had to suffer with his parents (except for the running away part, I don't really have the guts for it haha), and found myself cheering near the end, when Luhan showed his parents (ha!). I also love the ending - how you didn't make it that Akemi and Luhan ended up together because, you're right, it won't be realistic and, also, I would be sorely disappointed with it (not that I have control in your story, just my point of view). The only problem I really had while reading this was the passage of time, it sometimes gets really confusing.

 

. . .

 

FIRST - skyblueroses' "trainwreck love"

My two cents: This. This left me breathless. Just from the start when I started reading this, I was already hooked and intrigued. Honestly, I thought the prince who died at the start - who Jongin said he killed - was Kyungsoo, so I was very much excited to finish reading to find out just how Jongin did it. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was actually Sehun. I was really shocked by it. And Jongin and Kyungsoo's interactions were both cute and heart wrenching I was constantly strolling down for more. And the rose - gosh the rose - it showed really just how selfless Jongin was for Kyungsoo he let himself be killed just to free Kyungsoo from both his and Sehun's hold. And Sehun, ohh that sneaky fox, I guess in the end he got what he wanted. I had a feeling for him it was kinda like if-I-couldn't-have-him-then-no-one-could and, well, he got what he wanted. Beautifully. Damn Sehun. The whole time I was reading this, I was slowly preparing the funeral for Kyungsoo's innocence. It totally shattered. Now I wonder how he'll be like as a king. Love really ed him.

 

Must read: Overdosed Wish ; Scars ; trainwreck love

 

 

 

Okay I really don't know how to make this dramatic lmao so just drumroll... 

 

TOP THREE WINNERS OF RIGHT IN THE FEELS:

 

3RD PLACE - YifanForever's "Bloodstream"

I would have never pictured Kai (EXO) and Seulgi (Red Velvet) together as a couple, and I'll admit that I found it quite surprising at the start. However, as I kept on reading I fell deeper and deeper for them two. In fact, I fell in love with every one of your characters, even the abusive father, and I think this is quite a milestone you've achieved through me as a reader. I specifically fell in love with Seulgi's character, and Kai's despite his image that he likes to show off. Bloodstream had me clinging on every word.

I've always been intrigued with the idea of drugs and alcohol. I mean, I'm not associated with intoxicated products, but I've always found it a little cool. This being said I definitely loved how you morphed it into the story (but then again, this could be a part of the real story). I enjoyed every bit of Bloodstream (though please enlighten me on the title because I am not certain of the significance), and once I've checked off more of my TO-DOs on AFF, I shall be stalking you for your stories. c:

 

. . .

 

2ND PLACE - Nubci4's "Secrets" 

I am a goldfish. I have the shortest memory span you will ever come across. I did not read your story recently, I read it near the time you entered the contest, so it was probably about five months ago. In spite of this, I clearly remember being so caught up in Secrets that I was devastated to see the time and know that I had to get to bed so I wouldn't feel like utter crap the next day at school. I was almost done with Secrets, had about three more chapters to go. The next morning, I woke up a good half hour earlier than I was supposed to, as if my brain was screaming "Secrets! Secrets!" throughout the night. Without even bothering to take a short trip to the toilet (well maybe I did, can't remember .-.), I hastily logged on and zoomed through those last few chapters. 

There were only two entries I shed a tear (very very very veryyyyyyy rare) and Secrets is one of them. I remember getting to the end, thinking "holy ing this is so bloody great I HAVE to tell my friend to read this story". I am so glad you offered me the opportunity to experience such a great read. 

 

. . .

 

1ST PLACE - littlecrush's "Mad Dancer"

Ever since EXO's debut with Overdose, I was beginning to doubt my devotion for the band. This had nothing to do with the leaving of Kris, let alone Luhan and now Tao. What was happening was normal when I get obsessed with a band: I was getting bored. So, for the last half of 2014, I didn't fangirl over EXO anymore, but I felt that I owed some kind of loyalty to the boys considering the hardships they've been through (and also they're ing hot & charming). 

I loved Mad Dancer when I read it the first time, and because of my shameful memory, I read it a second time. It is now where I can safely say that you as the author of Mad Dancer, has shaken back my feelings for Kai. I remember falling for him during EXO's Showtime, and now, I'm in the middle of watching EXO next door (literally teehee I'm late because I canNOT deal with cliffhangers therefore I refuse to watch anything without the season finished. So frustrating, it keeps freezing every few minutes >:c) and my heart screamed for Kai when he made his [too brief of an] appearance (and also the rest of EXO <3).

I love dance, I love Kai, I love Mad Dancer. 

Thank you for resurfacing my devotion to EXO.

 

Must read: Bloodstream ; Secrets ; Mad Dancer

 

 

And that's it :3. Thank you to ALL of you who have entered the contest, for each entry is such a wonderful read. I'm so in the mood to have something like a round 2 because I feel so dissatisfied leaving the remaining entries. . . But I think I need a break right now and probably you'd have enough of my feels by now xD. I hope some of you take the time to read the winning entries c:

If you are looking for higher prizes and have a story you'd like to enter, please let me introduce you to my collaborated contest with Bloody Ravens ★彡 Wᴀɴᴅᴇʀʟᴜsᴛ & Sᴛᴀʀᴅᴜsᴛ ミ☆ Cᴏʟʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Mᴜʟᴛɪ-Cᴏɴᴛᴇsᴛ. We don't only offer a writing contest, but also a graphic and trailer section, so if you are a designer and/or a trailer creator, please consider entering and presenting us an amazing creation :). 

Winners, please drop a comment below or pop up in private message to redeem your well-earned prize :). Rants will be posted shortly.