Just One Chance (Different Ending)

Second Chance

“Mr. Kim, your wife is in stable condition right now, however, we are sorry to inform you that we couldn’t save the baby.”

 

Jaejoong raised a shaking hand to his face. Their baby is dead? He forced himself to focus on Yuri, “Where is she? I want to see her.”

 

Jaejoong entered Yuri’s room. He felt tears forming in his eyes as he saw his wife with a cast around an arm and bandages on her head.

 

He sat down next to her and gently held unto her uninjured hand.

 

Yuri stirred and noticed Jaejoong, “Jaejoong Oppa? What happened?”

 

Jaejoong swallowed and said, “Don’t you remember? You ran out of the restaurant & were hit by a car but the doctor said you are going to be fine.”

 

Yuri closed her eyes as memories of a car blindsiding her came back, “The baby?” She pulled her hand away and automatically checked her stomach, “Where’s my baby?!” She cried.


“Yuri, please calm down? You shouldn’t be upset.” Jaejoong tried to comfort his wife.


“Where’s my baby?”

 

“Yuri, our baby is gone.”


“No.” Yuri started sobbing wretchedly, “This is all your fault.” She started hitting Jaejoong’s chest, “You never wanted the baby, you wanted me to abort it and now my baby is gone.”

 

Jaejoong set aside the hurt Yuri inflicted on him and concentrated on calming her down. The nurses, alerted by Yuri’s cries, rushed into the room, “Mr. Kim, you should leave now, you are upsetting her.”

 

Jaejoong stood helplessly outside the room. He could do nothing but watch the doctor give his wife a sedative. It’s been eight days and Yuri still refused to see him. She refused to see everyone except for her parents and Changmin.

 

Jaejoong would secretly visit her when she’s sleeping, each time, silently begging for forgiveness at the way he handled their situation. He never left the hospital, always clinging to the hope that Yuri might change her mind any minute.

 

Finally, his chance came. Changmin had informed him that Yuri wanted to talk. He took in a deep breath and entered the room. Yuri was sitting up, propped by pillow. She ignored him as he stood beside her.

 

“Hi Yuri, how are you feeling today?” He asked quietly.


“I want a divorce.” Yuri answered in a dead voice.


“What?” Jaejoong was taken aback. This wasn’t what he expected at all, “Yuri, we can talk about this when you are better.”


“No, I want a divorce now. Have a lawyer draw up the papers. I don’t care what you put on in, I will sign it.”


“Yuri, I know you have been through a lot but please, think about this?” Jaejoong begged.


“No. We only got married because of the baby. Now my baby is dead.” She started crying again, “There is no longer any reason for us to stay married.”


“Yuri, I love you.” Jaejoong said hoarsely.


“And I hate you. You put me through hell! What? Now you think you can just come waltzing in here thinking that all will be well again?” Once again, the nurses had to come in and interrupt them.

 

Jaejoong leaned against the wall outside of Yuri’s room and started crying.


“Jaejoong?” Changmin touched his shoulders.

 

“She wants a divorce.” Jaejoong sobbed.


“I’m sorry, man.” Changmin feels for the guy.

 

Yuri wouldn’t calm down without signing the divorce papers. Everyone finally agreed that it would be better to go ahead with it.

 

With trembling hands, Jaejoong finally signed the papers. He left for Tokyo the very next day, thinking to give Yuri some time to recover and hoping that someday, she would accept him back into her life again.

 

It’s been almost three years since Jaejoong left Tokyo. He had been afraid to come back, knowing that he couldn’t leave Yuri alone if he did. At first, he tried to maintain contact with her but everyone, including his family told him to leave her alone. He was upsetting her. After that, he would eagerly wait for news about her from his family but that too gradually dwindled down to nothing. After Jaejoong left Seoul and his company, Hyoyeon also quit her job as a secretary and joined a modeling company.

 

Three years. How would their life be right now if the accident didn’t happen? Lately, it had become a favorite past-time of his to imagine life with Yuri again.

 

He looked up as his taxi parked across the street from a quaint little house with white picket fences. He asked the driver to wait for him as he sat there, collecting his thoughts. After all these years, he finally gets to see Yuri again. He was about to exit when the front door opened. He sat back and watched the scene unfold in front of him.

 

Yuri was carrying a baby in one arm while fixing Changmin’s black solid repp tie with the other. It was obvious that the guy was in a hurry but he took his time to give Yuri a kiss before running towards his car. Yuri and the baby stood at the driveway, smiling widely and waving goodbye.


“Sir? Are you getting out?” The driver asked. 

 

Jaejoong took one last look at Yuri and said, "I changed my mind. Please drive on.”


“Where to?”


“I don’t care, just keep on driving for a while.”

 

Jaejoong felt his throat tightened. He didn’t look back; there was no going back, “Yuri, I wish you well.” Tears started falling and he finally admitted the fact that he had to let her go.

 

Reality hit him hard. He had his one chance and he blew it.


“Goodbye Yuri.”

 
A/N: butt3rflyl0v3r must have told u guys that her younger sis will be writing the different ending for second chance with a new title so here it is :P
if u guys are wondering when the accident happen to make yuri end up in the hopital and how she lost her baby, i continue it from the time yuri and changmin went out to eat and saw jaejoong and hyoyeon at the restaurant :)
ik i'm not that good like my older sis, butt3rflyl0v3r, but i hope u guys still like it
last announcement from butt3rflyl0v3r, she wants meh to tell u guys that she will be starting a new jaeri fanfiction so she asked meh to tell u guys to stay tuned with her, kekeke and here's the link to her newest fanfiction 'What Might Have Been'