Second Chance

Second Chance

Chapter 10

 

“Yuri, are you sure you don’t want me to stay at home today? According to the doctor, junior or little Yuri should be making an appearance sometime today.”

 

Yuri laughed. Her husband had been acting like a maniac since he woke up that morning, “Jaejoong Oppa, I know that the doctor said that the baby is due today but you know that is just an estimated time. I haven’t felt anything out of the ordinary at all so our baby probably decided to prolong their father’s agony by making him wait a little bit more.” She gave Jaejoong a reassuring pat, “Go to work, don’t worry, I promise I will call you if I start going into labor.”


“If you are sure.” Jaejoong said, hesitating again, before entering the car.

 

“Just go & remember that I love you.”


“I love you, too.”

 

Yuri was making sure that everything was ready in the baby’s room when she felt the first pang of pain hit her. She held onto the crib tightly to let the pain wash away before grabbing the nearest phone to call Yunho, “Hyoyeon, this is Yuri, I have to talk to Oppa right away. Please tell him that it’s time?” Yuri gasped, between her cramps.

 

“Hold on please, he’s at a meeting right now? I will see if I can get him to take the call.”


“Please hurry?” Yuri said urgently, as she felt another pain hit her.

 

Hyoyeon thought long & hard about how she should word Yuri’s call to her boss, “Mr. Kim, Yuri’s on the phone & she wanted to know if she could talk to you.”

 

Jaejoong’s head snapped up, “Is she having the baby?” He asked excitedly.


“She didn’t sound like the call was urgent.”


“Oh.” A disappointed Jaejoong said, “In that case, please tell her that I will call back as soon as this meeting is over.”

 

Hyoyeon snickered inwardly as she got back on the line, “I’m sorry but Mr. Kim can’t come to the phone right now.”


“Wait. Did you tell him that?” Yuri stop talking when the other end went dead. Beads of perspiration dotted her forehead as the pain intensified. She tried calling Jaejoong’s cell phone but was told that the service was temporarily unavailable. In desperation, she called Changmin’s number, “Changmin Oppa, I can’t get ahold of Jaejoong & I think that the baby is about to be born. Could you come over & help me get to the hospital? Here’s our new address.”


“Where’s Jaejoong? How come he’s not there with you? Never mind, I will be right over.” Changmin dropped everything he was doing & rushed over to Yuri’s place.

 

Jaejoong’s meeting was finally over & he dialed his house number. His anxiety roused several notches when his wife didn’t pick up the call. Where could she be? He waited eight more minutes & dialed the number again; but still no answer. Something must be wrong. He dropped everything & rushed home.


“Yuri? Where are you?” He started to search frantically throughout the whole house, ‘Why did this house have to be so big?’ He thought illogically. Just then, his cell phone rang, “Changmin, nice of you to call but this isn’t a good time to talk.” Jaejoong said, before Changmin could get a word out.


“Jaejoong, where the hell are you?! Your wife is in the hospital about to have the baby; she needs you to be here right now.”


“What? Why didn’t she tell me? I will be right there.”

 

Changmin didn’t understand what was going on. Yuri said that she called Jaejoong but he couldn’t take her call because he was in a meeting & now, Jaejoong was saying that he never even knew she was in labor. He looked anxiously at the closed door leading to the delivery room, praying that everything was going well in there.

 

“Where is my wife? How is she?” Jaejoong asked, the moment he spotted Changmin.


“She’s inside the delivery room. Haven’t heard anything from the doctor yet.”

 

Jaejoong wanted to enter the room right away but Changmin stopped him, “You can’t go in there now. You just have to be patient & wait until the baby is born.”


“But!” Jaejoong protested, “I promised Yuri that I would be with her while the baby was being born!”

 

“It’s a little too late for that now. Why the hell wouldn’t you take her call earlier?!”


“I thought she just wanted to talk. I didn’t know that.” Jaejoong’s attention drifted off as he stood worriedly outside the door, “Yuri, I’m here now, please be safe?” He whispered, to the closed door.

 

Changmin’s anger at Jaejoong ebbed away as he looked at his friend’s frantic features. He knew this wasn’t a case of Jaejoong reverting back to his former uncaring ways. Was it a miscommunication or Hyoyeon was up to some kind of mischief? Yuri had told him enough stories about Hyoyeon to make him suspicious about the secretary.

 

Jaejoong jumped as the door finally opened & the doctor came out. He immediately bombarded the doctor with questions, “How is my wife? How is the baby?”


“Congratulations Mr. Kim, everything went well. Although I must say that your wife was more than a bit upset that you weren’t with her like you promised.” The doctor smiled when he replayed the scene of Yuri cursing her husband out during her pain, “Well, what are you standing here for?” The doctor asked the poor husband, who looked like he was about to pass out; “Your wife & newborn son are inside waiting for you.”

 

A/N: stay tuned to another one of my next yunri fanfic ^^

btw, i'm sorry i wasn't able to update yesterday since i went to sacramento to do this job thingy but i will try to update as much as i can for the whole day today <3