CHAPTER 2

The Carnation

"I'm sorry for the painful times
I won't lose you again
Come into my arms now
I love you, I love you, that's it
Even if my blackened and burned a heart explodes "

AUGUST 2013
-Leo- 
 " Date me "
The words kept on playing in his mind since the second he leave the park.
Leo cocked his head, a soft chuckle escaped his lips. It had been a period of 
long time since he went on date.
 
2 years,precisely and surely the person he dated was Hakyeon. 

He leaned his head on the wall,supporting himself.

Somehow,every little of Ken behavior reminded him of Hakyeon. 
The way he softly speak,his determination of chasing something,the way he jumped in joy when Leo agree to his little bargain,the way he smiled.

Literally everything of his is a resemblance of Hakyeon.

He agreed to go only because he wants the flower back and not because he liked ken,he convinced himself repeatedly.

He didnt know why Ken's faces kept on popping in his mind.He couldnt stop thinking about  Ken.Without his realization,he couldnt stop his racing heartbeat from elevating too.He grasped the carnation tightly in his hand as if he intertwining his hand with Hakyeon.

-Ken-

He could not tear those smiling face away since he returned home.His heart thumped with excitement.It was his first time feeling like this, toward a guy he knew for a short period of time.He was still dazed by the intoxicating feeling toward Leo.

He kept changing clothes for 3 hours.Plaid shirt.Skinny jean.Tight pant.Tank top.He tried everything in his closet.He took a glance of his reflection.

"Omo,i looked so scruffy." he pouted and ruffled his brunette hair .

" Hyungggg!!! Im home!!!" Hyuk [ken's roommate] yelled and barge in Ken's room without knocking,as usual 

"omaiiyyyaaa" Hyuk eyes widened at the sight of his hyung's room.It was a mess.Even his hyung underwear is lying flat on the floor.Calvin Klein,he noted.Hyuk cheeks flaming.
 
"What all this mess,hyung~~!!!" he scolded Ken.

Ken beamed at him and replied cutely 
"Hyuk ah shut your mouth this onceee okayyy??" he pleaded .

"Now help your beloved hyung to pick his clothes.Your hyung got a date to go" he rounded his eyes and pouted.

" with that guy...? " Hyuk responded weakly.He knew eveything.Ken told him before about the rescue.The saviour.

He didnt missed out even a tiny bit of detail about Leo.He also knew Ken would go to the park just to peek on the guy he didnt even knew.

"uumm." Ken replied nochalantly still engrossed with the clothes.

"Hyuk-ah!!Is this okay???!!! " he lifted his head and asked Hyuk. Hyuk could clearly detect the excitement in his tone.

"It looks fine on you,hyung" he faked a smile. Secretly,he couldnt help a liitle bit hurt about the date.


-Leo-
He soullesly dragged his feet toward the calendar,still tightly grasping the white carnation. He averted his empty gaze from the carnation to the red mark he once put before.

The date 17 August was circled with red marker symbolises how important it was. 

17 August remarked the day Hakyeon leave him.The day he lose his intention of living.The day he snatched Hakyeon's live away.He shut his eyes tightly,in attempt to forget but obviously failed.

There was only 3 important date in his life; the day he met with Hakyeon, the day Hakyeon was born and the day Hakyeon died.Hakyeon was everything to him.

Leo didnt even circled his own birth date.All that he acknowledge is Hakyeon,Hakyeon and Hakyeon.

However, he didnt know if it was the factor of time or the existence of Lee jaehwan but he could feel something inside him is changing. He nuzzled his nose,his lip touching the carnation. He breathe in the scent, Hakyeon's scent .

Tomorrow was going to be his 'date' with Ken and tomorrow remarked 17 August.