CHAPTER 3

The Carnation

I’m disappearing into the suffocating and deep darkness
Hold my hand 
My dear, please save me
Light up the darknes
s


//17 AUGUST 2013//

LEO

Fate had given him no choice;Give and take.

A date and he get his carnation back.


He waited patiently enough for Ken at the bus stop.He glanced at his watch(gift by hakyeon) for the umpteenth time and let out a sigh of annoyance

"So much for 10.30"he mumbled,cursing under his breath. It was already 11.14 a.m.

The bus stop are getting congested as time passed and  he incredibly
hated it.More people means more skin contact.

People were busy excusing their way through the crowd,resulting a lady to bump his shoulder with Leo's.He flinched at the sudden touch.His body stiffened defensively.He stepped back unsteadily and forwaded to a spot with much lesser people.

This already happened many times before but he never could avoid the feeling of panic growing inside him and obviously it showed.He could not bear even the thought of someone die because of him,again.

Good thing he had already take precaution.

Fur jacket hugging his broad frame. White knitted Muffler hanging low on his neck.Hakyeon's beanie complete his fashion. He even wore glove.He had made sure for no any direct contact .

Surely,murdering people unconciously was not listed in his date.

He folded his arm and leaned his head to the wall;trying to spare the time.His darkened gaze scanned the surrounding quietly and spotted a young boy.He was bubbly,jumping around in excitement.His smile never 

fade,reminding him to Hakyeon.


Unconciously,his mind flicking back to the painful memories of him with Hakyeon. 

Back then,when Hakyeon was still alive,they would went out every weekend.If only he could turn back time,he would enjoyed every bit of it.


//MAY 2011//
Their date wasnt that luxury. There was no any expensive restaurant,sophisticated attire or any candlelight dinner.

 It was just a simple outing .

Leo squeezed his eyes shut,missing the moment when the air would passed by his cheeck when they would cycling together. 

There were moment when they would just take a walk,sights-seeing around the garden.Their gap would be close to each other,their shoulder would bumped with each other.

The moment when they have to split up the money just for one cup of ramen and Hakyeon would insisted on feeding him. Leo,the chic guy finding its not worth it would refused.

They would argued,Hakyeon as childish as he is, would sulk but later smiled when Leo wiped his mouth with his handerchief.They would both later smile,satisfied at the smallest touch.

The moment when they would went for stargazing together when all did Hakyeon stare is Leo's flawless face.

Hakyeon would secretly stare at his face for hours and Leo would pretended not to see it and just continued admired the starry night.

Somehow,he found all that were already a luxury when Hakyeon was by his side,long ago.


//17 AUGUST 2013//

LEO

" Hyung !! Leo-Hyuuu-- "

Leo snapped to reality as his ears caught Ken's voices calling out to him.He snapped his eyes open to see Ken's dumb grin right in front of his face. Leo shot Ken a deathly glare.

 Little did he know,their gap were so close,Leo could even felt Ken's warm breath trickling his nose.

Leo's eyes went wide as saucer.Unprepared,Ken's round eyes locked on his.

Leo was lost for words ,for once

Suddenly,Leo felt a disturbing mix of emotion creeped through his heart.



KEN

" Hyu--- " Ken leaned closer to Leo's face,ignoring the eyes that were watching him.He wanted to reach out his hand,carresing Leo's cheek.

Wanting to feel the warmth of Leo's skin under his touch.

Wrong timing.Ken's voice was interrupted by the honking of bus.

Ken was the first one to turn his attention.

Turning his head, " Ahh--ahah look th..e  bus arrived " Ken stuttered but manage to spoke.

Upon hearing that,both of them ascended the bus quietly.

Leo sat down at the back.Ken sticked close to Leo and sat beside him.There was an awkward silence between them.

Ken's heart was beating like crazy,his cheek burning with fire.

He doesnt have high expectation of locking eyes with Leo during the first minute they met.When this happen,it was like a dream to him.He meekly lowered his flushed face,still feeling embarassed with Leo.



LEO

Leo swallowed hard.He had never imagined a day that his heart could be racing this rapidly toward someone who was clearly not Hakyeon.

Leo looked out the window,trying hard to distract his attention from thinking about Ken. The view of car passing the road does not excite him.

Bored about it,Leo stole a glance at Ken.

Aparrently,the talking machine beside him already drifted to the dreamland.

Without he realized,the sight of Ken alone aroused him.His brain was not computing,too dazed by the sight.

He uncertainly reached out his hand,his finger an inch away from Ken's face.

At the crucial moment,a picture of Hakyeon lying on the death bed flashed through his mind.

He quickly pulled away.

"What should I do,Hakyeon ah? " his voice was almost 

like a whisper,audibly heard .

.Silence answered his unspoken question