CHAPTER 1

The Carnation

//AUGUST 2013//
-LEO- 
Leo sat alone in the park,busied himself by scanning the surrounding. He liked it here. The air was refreshing. The sight of children calmed him. He could not ask for more.It was peaceful until
"Taekwoon hyung! wait up !!"
Leo sighed as the same routine repeated continuously.it had been two weeks . Every evening,Ken would wait him in the park and chased him around the park. As expected ,Ken's weak stamina couldnt match with the sport prodigy,Leo . Leo turned his back and deafened his ears. He headed home alone,again.

-KEN-
Ken was out of breath when leo was gone. He felt a thump of dismay as he lost the chance to contfront Leo.
" Why did you keep running away from me,....hyung " .His voice was barely audible,it almost sounds like a whisper. 
He sat on the bench and wiped away the bead of sweat that are beginning to trickled down his forehead. He heavily sighed and glanced around. It was full of children playing around .Nothing entertained him.He was about to went home when his eyes spotted something.For a brief moment,he felt a tiny pulse of anticipation and a ray of possiblity for his deary knight,Leo to notice his existence.

-LEO-
Leo's piercing eyes wildered around the room.His heart thudding with agony. He could not have possibly lost it.He never lost it in this past two years. He took care of it lovingly.It was his most precious possesion given by his only friend.It was the resemblance of Hakyeon,his most dearly friend. Pure and fragile.He pressed his hand to his chest,close to his heart as the memory flashed before him.

//JANUARY 2011//
Hakyeon and him had a very close relationship that no one could interpret.At first,Leo as usual always kept a distance from people around him including Hakyeon.He met Hakyeon when he first transferred to hakyeon's school.Hakyeon would he followed him everywhere for 24-7 and he found it very annoying.Despite his attempt to sent Hakyeon away,Hakyeon never pulled away from him.Leo never had a friend in his life before Hakyeon.Hakyeon was his first and last.He devoted himself to protect Hakyeon but failed. Hakyeon died beneath his own friend's touch .

//AUGUST 2013//
Leo threw the chair beside him. It hit the wall and broken to pieces,as if it could see his heart trampled into pieces.He buried him face in his palm and shut his eyes painfully,trying to erase the painful memory away.

//SEPT 2011//
 It was like yesterday when Hakyeon accidentally swiped his hand on Leo's hand.The next day,he was found dead in a car accident.He could vaguely remember the moment Hakyeon's fragile skinny finger gripped his palm,handing him the white carnation. The flower of pure love. Hakyeon's eyes glistened with tears as he smiled weakly when he was in the brink of death.Leo buried himself in Hakyeon's shoulder. 
"What could i do without you ?..and who would cook for me?.and..wh..o would  wait for me when i returned home..? " Leo  pleaded .His voice cracked. He choked on his own tears. He could not care to wipe the endless tears away.
Tears kept trickling down his cheek. Hakyeon's gaze softened as he gently cupped Leo's face,wiping the tears away.Leo could not hold himself anymore as he could hear Hakyeon softly whisper 
" I love you,my only friend "
On his way to Hakyeon's funeral,he rescued a boy from being hit by a car and the boy was saved,There was no sign of injury,not even a scratch.However,the boy died  the next day.Two weeks later,He patted a stray cat on the road.The cat was hit by a car.It die too.Thats when he knew.He was cursed.A single touch of him on anyone will bring them death.It was obvious.He was the cause of Hakyeon's death,his most precious friend. He pressed the flower closely to his chest and fell down upon his knee.Since that day,Leo vowed to punish himself and shut himself from anyone.

//AUGUST 2013//
-KEN-
Ken lie awake on his bed.He kept stealing glances at the white carnation on his desk.It was properly placed in a vase filled with water. He was certain it was Leo's. He would see Leo kept staring at the flower when he hides behind the wall.He could not stop wondering. Who was the one who give it to him? Is it a girl or a boy?Did he like the person?His mind was haunted by those thought.He vaguely remembered the moment he and Leo's empty eyes met.He was being bullied.In a flash,Leo came like a dark knight on horse and ruthlessly kicked the bully to death.He stare at leo with admiration and since that day he was so fond of leo.

//AUGUST 2013//
-LEO-KEN-
Ken stood on the bench. His heart thumped with excitement.On the other hand,Leo weakly dragged himself to the park,trying to find his peace.He arrived and was expected to see the boy Ken.But later,something caught his attention.He  rushed his way toward Ken.
"Return it to me" Leo's voice was stern and sharp
"fine" Ken calmly spoke
A sigh of relief escaped Leo's mouth.
"but...on one condition"Ken continued 
"Why would I accept this condition of yours?", Leo was so annoyed.it showed on his face
"because if you accept it,i promise to stop pestering you"Ken beamed.
Leo stayed silence.
"ever again"Ken continued.This time,the words tempt Leo,If he grant this kid condition,he would never met this kid again.
"and whats the condition"Leo replied
"Date me" Ken dropped the bomb

and leo could clearly see the misfortune coming his way