Hidden Emotions

Yoonmin One Shots

I watched as the most beautiful being on earth giggled happily. Covering his pink mouth in an attempt to stifle the laughter. Short limbs trying to push his attacker away. My heart ached as I watched from afar.

 

Watched as the person I loved shared precious moments in the arms of someone else. Park Jimin looked up and my heart stopped. I’m sure it did. And when it made sense to beat again, it drummed double time. Beating rapidly, almost crazed in a way.

 

He smiled. That cheesy little smile of his that the hyungs about but for me, that smile was to die for. I love that greasy smile. In fact, I love everything about him.

 

Yes I, Jeon Jeungkook was madly inlove with Park Jimin.

 

 

 

Only I shouldn’t.

 

 

 

 

Not when he already belonged to someone else.

 

 

~*~

 

I hesitantly reached out my hand. Jimin was sleeping. His cute little eyes no longer visible. His beautiful thick lashes clamped tight and his shapely mouth slightly parted. I ghosted my fingers over his pink lips, touching the soft expanse of his smooth cheeks.

 

A smile crept up my lips as his nose slightly wrinkled at the motion. He was just so cute.

 

“Yoongi…” he mumbled.

 

It was like somebody threw a bucket of icy water all over me. I instantly dropped my hand. A sickening feeling settled on my stomach as all the gooey fluff I felt earlier vanished. I clenched my fist and I quickly turned around. A sting in my eye told me I was about to cry.

 

This is what I get for trying.

 

I always forget that his heart belonged to someone else and even if I tried, I was just the adorable, slightly annoying maknae to him. Nothing more, nothing less. I was and will always be stuck in this bottomless pit that I dug myself. But who was to blame me? Love comes in the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected situations. It was only human instinct to try and quell the thirst for adoration. I knew from the beginning that it was wrong, that I was facing a losing battle but still, I pursued.

 

 

So here I was.

 

 

~*~

 

“Yoongi!” Jimin squealed indignantly as he tried to pry off his hyung’s fingers as he once again tackled the younger on the couch.

 

I silently ate my lunch, trying my best to ignore the ache in my heart as I imagined the scene in the next room. Suddenly a bang was heard and moments later, a steaming Jimin entered the kitchen sitting himself infront of Jungkook.

 

Jimin looked pissed. His shirt was dishevelled and his hair a mess. A heavy  cloud seemed to have shrouded the air, making the atmosphere suffocating. I silently ate as Jimin fumed. Watched carefully as the steam slowly died down and only regret consumed Jimin’s beautiful eyes.

 

I wanted to reach out to comfort him. Hold his frame against mine and caress his soft locks. To promise him a better tomorrow filled with only laughter and tender smiles. I had so many things to tell, many promises to make but none came out. They never got past my lips only staying in the back of my mind, burning there like an internal hell.

 

So I waited.

 

Waited painfully for Yoongi hyung to come fetch my princess to live their happily ever after. To snatch the only person I ever cared for inches from my grasp. Close enough for me to reach but no more strength left to do so. It was infuriating and absolutely maddening. It was a wonder I survived this excruciating torture.

 

A tremble in Jimin’s lips had all of my sanity running wild. I wanted nothing more than to embrace him. To kiss him right then and there but I held back.

 

“Hyung.”

 

Jimin looked up and he smiled tenderly. Staring like a mother would for her child as he patiently waited for me to speak. I opened my mouth to say something, anything to comfort my beloved.

 

“You’ll be fine.”

 

His eyes widened at my words but it immediately softened as he opened his mouth to speak. Suddenly, Yoongi quietly came in the kitchen and made his way to Jimin. He hugged the younger and kissed his ear. Whispering soft “I’m sorry’s” and placing more loving kisses.

 

I looked away. I didn’t want to see the next scenes to unfold. As I dropped my plates in the sink, I passed Jimin. I lowered my head, trying to be as subtle as possible so as not to disturb them. A small hand suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me back.

 

I looked back, startled. Jimin had this smile on his face again. He mouthed the words ‘thank you’ and flashed me a gummy smile.

 

Bathump.

 

Bathump.

 

I smiled at him.

 

Despite knowing I was not entirely the reason behind that warm smile I was satisfied. I was overjoyed to make him smile. If he was content, then so was I. Perhaps that’s how it is when you’re in love. No matter how it hurts you’ll try. You’ll make him happy even when the reason behind his happiness wasn’t you.

 

You’ll try despite the many aches and bruises. Because that’s how powerful love is. It makes you a fool. Degrades you to an imbecile who’s happy to sing in love. But everybody’s happy to play the fool, just so they can relish that special affection.

 

But I must be the greatest fool ever.

 

 

~*~

 

 

I kissed him.

 

I knew it was wrong, I knew perfectly well. Jimin already had Yoongi for a lover. I was just a side character, the lowly maknae. But still, I did it. I couldn’t bear the thought of leaving without having just one wish fulfilled.

 

I love him.

 

I love him so, so much it hurts. I managed a wobbly smile as I caressed his soft cheeks. His lashes were fluttering in mild shock. He opened his mouth to speak but I shushed him. I bit my lip and turned. I quickly took my bags as I left for my new life in America. I knew it was a cowardly thing to do but I couldn’t face his reaction. I just couldn’t stomach the rejection. The absolute hate or the disgust it would bring.

 

 

Goodbye hyung.

 

 

A/N: Whoops! Loophole guys, I made Jikook coz urgh I love that pairing too! A bit of angst for you guys and yoonmin is still here :) so yay~! Will do a bit of editing to this too. On another note I will make this one shot compilations as my writing practice. I hope you don't expect much. Thank you for reading :*