Chapter Two: Comeback!

Smile, Cry, Laugh, Die

Many months went by. Then a year. We were sill preparing for our next album. It was said that Ki Bum would be participating. I was excited. Almost a year now and I haven’t worked with him. Our young Ki Bum always had his own hectic schedule that left little time to visit us. He was so cute and adorable. I missed him. I was overjoyed to hear that I’d be working with him again.

After we’d promoted and everything, ELF and Petals giving me all the more strength, Ki Bum left again. Our promotions ended and he didn’t come back to the dorm for days. It quickly turned into weeks, and then months. The other members acted normally, like he hadn’t been missing at all. At first, I cried at his absence, then I got used to it, until I saw him walk through the doorway again. I thought he’d come and greet me first, I being the second oldest and he knowing how much I missed him from all the calls I gave him. He knew I hated missed calls, so he always picked up my calls, no matter how busy he was. I never asked what he was doing, but I knew he was on set for dramas and such.

Ki Bum greeted all the members but me first, laughing, talking, barely glancing at me and nearly acting like I didn’t exist. Didn’t he know how much I missed him?! I spent lonely nights in my room with no one to sleep in the same bed as me because he didn’t move much. And since Han Kyung was gone, I had no one to talk to or drink with at night.

I sulked into my room as the laughter continued. I felt a hand on my shoulder and was staring Ki Bum in the face, a smile, a cute, adorable, cheeky smile, splayed upon his lips. “Nice to see you again, hyung,” he said. I patted him on the head and continued to my room. “Hyung is tired, Ki Bum-ah,” I said quietly.

The laughter continued and I thought I was alone. I felt the shadow return. I shook my head and logged onto my Cyworld. My fans made me feel better. I almost forgot that Ki Bum was here until I heard everyone gradually quieting down. I heard my door open. I turned. Ki Bum stood there. I ignored him, like he’d done to me earlier.

“Hyung!” he screamed, running to me. His arms flew around my neck and he nuzzled his face into my neck. “I missed you so much, Hee Chul-hyung!” he yelled.

I just sat in shock at the sudden spontaneous gestures of love from my dongsaeng. “Are you drunk, Ki Bum-ah?” I asked.

“Not at all, hyung! I had a drink or two, but I’m not drunk,” he replied. “I missed you so much. I had to pick up every single call from you so you wouldn’t delete my phone number! I didn’t mind, and I got yelled at a lot of times on set, but talking to you for a while each day made me happy, hyung!”

My eyes started to tear up as I wrapped my arms around my dongsaeng. I kissed his pale cheeks and cried. “Ki Bum-ah~~!!!!!” I wailed, joyous tears streaming down my face.

I felt Ki Bum’s arms tighten around me, and his sobs soft and quiet. “I’m not leaving, hyung,” Ki Bum muttered.

“Hyung won’t leave you either, Ki Bum-ah~!” I cried.

“Hyung,” he said. “Can I sleep with you tonight?”

I nodded with a bring smile on my face.