Brown Nails

Brown Nails [One~Shot / Scenario]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                It’s one of the days when you can feel the reflection of the Sun coming from the snow on the streets, once you’re stand in front of the window. Your nails are dark brown; the same color as the hot chocolate you’re drinking. It’s like a rule or something; every time you fight, you paint your nails brown and drink hot chocolate to forget all the rude words you both exchanged during the fight. Upstairs, he’s watching the same view as you, except for the fact that the reflections can’t reach high enough to make him feel them. Flashes of last night are rushing through your mind while you’re wondering only one thing: what the hell happened?

 

-Flashback-

 

                The TV was loud, trying to hide your screams to each other, because you’re like this; when arguing, you don’t want your neighbors to think they need to call the police.

                -So, can you, please, explain to me why do you still hear things like these?

                -I don’t give a to things like these, it’s just…

                -It’s just what? Why don’t you believe me, then?

                -It’s hard to believe you when everything around us seems to tell me you’re lying!

                And that was the moment when the first tear rolled down his face, and you, in disbelief, left the room without a word.

 

-Flashback-

 

                The only reason why he spent the whole night at your house, and is still there, is because, to leave, he would have to face you, and at this moment he’s totally unable to do it, so he’s stand there, thinking about how he can work things out.

                You finish drinking your hot chocolate, put the cup on the table and go upstairs to take a shower. While entering in the bathroom, you almost forget getting a towel, and then you go to your closet room. Opening the door, you notice him standing there, his hair a total mess. Your heart skips a beat, but you hide it very well with your hard stare.

                -Why are you still here? – you ask him rudely, but only to watch him looking to the ground – I thought it was very obvious. You were clear enough last night when you told me to leave, but since it’s my house, you should be the one leaving, right?

                -This is the first time I spent the night at your house and this is what you have to say? – he says, forcing a smile.

                You keep your frozen stare, he sighs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter