December

Colors of the Season

“There is no real ending. It’s just the place where you stop the story.” 
― Frank Herbert

 

Spring

Alex couldn’t hide her excitement while she walked beside Jinki inside the art gallery.

It was their first time on a date, a real date outside his house, away from the building where they lived.

They met at the door of the building, after he bought the tickets online and asked her out, and even after they left home, Alex didn’t believe they would truly go on with it. They did and afterwards calling a taxi they arrived to the gallery.

At first Jinki was nervous and she could see the sweat on his temple while they stayed in line to enter the gallery but then she pulled him back and they waited for everyone to enter so they could go in with less people. The rooms were huge so they could walk without meeting many people on their way and he seemed more relaxed now, marveling at all the paintings that he only saw on his computer and books before.

“I can’t believe I am really here!” He whispered to her stopping in front of one of the most important paintings of the building.

Alex nodded her head watching Jinki who marveled at the huge painting in front of him. She didn’t care much about art and that kind of date wasn’t exactly her style but she was just happy watching him while he walked slowly, holding her hand, his eyes on the paintings, completely forgetting about his phobia of people and going out.

Next time Alex could try to convince him to go to a coffee shop or do something that she would like more but for now she was happy with that date and the fact that he was the one who took the initiative to do it.

They reached the last room of the gallery and when Jinki was going for the exit Alex pulled him and they both sat on the wood bench in front of one of the paintings admiring it.

In a way they looked like a part of the painting too, holding hands and eyes on what seemed like a garden, with big green trees that covered the blue sky.

“Are you enjoying the date?” Alex asked, peeking at him.

He turned slightly on the bench and his eyes moved around the room, where a few people were and then back to her.

“Yes. Are you?” He whispered back.

“Very very much! Maybe we can go drink some coffee after.”

His face twisted a bit and she knew that he probably wanted to go home now, tired of all the socializing he had to do.

“We can buy the coffee and drink it outside in the park.”

That suggestion seemed to cheer him up and he nodded a yes.

Alex leaned forward and kissed him on the lips briefly making him widen his eyes.

“We aren’t alone!”

“I know. But by being alone or not nothing changes the fact that I love you!”

Her words made him melt and caressed her hand that was under his, over the bench.

“I love you too.”

It’s amazing how his life changed so much only because of her, how he evolved, how he learned what love was and how you can give love back to someone.

Alex came into his life like a fresh breeze, filling it with colors and new possibilities. It was a start of something new, a spring of discoveries, growing together and love.

Both felt as if they hit the spring of their lives where anything was impossible as long as they were together.

 

“Since the moment I saw you, a state of tension, you make me fresh, you are my heart’s only passenger” - Love should go on

 

Summer

The graduated students left their seats and started leaving the auditorium with their families, others stayed behind taking pictures with proud parents, wearing their graduation black outfits.

Mia spotted Ondrew on the crowd immediately, he was surrounded by a group of girls, clearly his fans, but despite that he was alone. She ran to him, stopping here and there to let other students pass and she only stopped when she saw a man beside Ondrew.

He was similar to him but older and Mia recognized him immediately as her neighbor- Lee.

Of course.

Ondrew told her that he went to his brother’s concert and now he was there at that special moment for him.

They were after all brothers, sharing the same father even if mothers were different. Lee cut all his ties with his father but not with his younger sibling.

Mia watched them talking for a while, giving them the privacy they needed now that the girls also walked away from the two men. She watched them hug tenderly, Lee patting his brothers back and telling him something.

They moved away from each other and Lee walked away leaving Ondrew alone.

Mia still waited scanning the crowd and noticing that Ondrew was doing the same. She knew that he was looking for her but not only her. Even if he hated him a part of Ondrew would always love his father and he hoped that he would be there.

He wasn’t but she was, so she ran to him giving him a surprise hug, jumping on his arms.

He grabbed her easily and twirled with her for a second, placing her on the floor again.

“Congratulations!”

“Thank you!” He said happily, fixing his hat. “I never felt so ridiculous wearing these clothes.”

“No!” She grimaced helping him with the act “You like very beautiful! Even y!”

She wriggled her eyebrows at him and he chuckled.

There was no denying that they had a huge chemistry going on between them, ever since the first time he laid his eyes on her. And now that they were together and ually active that chemistry reached new levels. There was a reason she was flirting with him. They couldn’t be away from each other for long and most of the times they would end up either making out or having .

It was passion. Hot, steamy passion…but it was also love and there was no one else he wanted beside her.

Ondrew cupped his girlfriend’s face and kissed her lips “I’m under this!”

“What?” She widened her eyes at his revelation but he just laughed teasingly clearly meaning that as a joke.

“YA!” Mia complained raising her hand to push him away but he hugged her against him with so much strength that she didn’t do it, surrounding to his warm hug instead.

Now that he was graduating he was finally free. He could take the family business, he would get his father arrested and he would be free to take care of Mia, to love her as a whole.

He had a clear idea what he had to do once his family problems were resolved and it included Mia, by his side as his friend, lover and wife.

He didn’t reveal his intentions to her yet but he would as soon as he could.

Ondrew was always burning. The hatred he felt consumed all his life and he lived it as if he was someone else, different from his true self.

That was until Mia came into his life, burning as much as him but with a kind of radiance that illuminated his life, that inspired him to be better, giving him the energy he needed to keep going, to see far more than revenge.

She was like summer, bright, dynamic, so full of life and optimism that with her by his side Ondrew was sure that nothing would stop him, not even the painful memories of his past.

 

“Thoughts are overflowing, this is my love. It increases even more and more. I can not tell immediately at all, I want to tell you someday, As if I took 1000 years but was always by your side” ~1000 years always by your side

 

Winter

Charlotte picked up the pile of dirty clothes from the basket, a mix of white shirts, the ones Onew used for work, cute colored dresses from Eun Sun and her favorite blouses she wore for work; and threw it all inside the wash machine.

That day she wasn’t working because she was still recovering from the flu and instead stayed home with Eun Sun that was also sick and probably the person who contaminated everyone inside the house. Well not Onew that was coming back from work soon.

They were a couple now. She moved in with him eight months ago and until now there wasn’t a single moment that made her regret it. Yes they had their small arguments, mostly because of silly things related most of the time to work or their proud personalities but the funny thing was that if Eun Sun didn’t make them make up they would eventually at the end of the day when both laid down on their bed.

It surprised her the first time. They argued about him doing too many extra hours at work and missing dinner for three nights in a row. Charlotte was very upset and she lay down on the bed and turned around, her back to him. He simply sighed tiredly and told her that he would never fall asleep upset with someone. Last time he was upset with a person he loved he lost her. Charlotte knew he meant his mother so ever since that moment, he vowed to always make up no matter what the argument was about.

Charlotte the bed and he gave her the most sincere apology and promised that that would never happen again. They end up kissing and he kept his promise.

With Eun Sun things were going extremely well too. She rarely spoke about her real father now, and most of her weird behaviors were disappearing. She became more loving too, giving her and Onew long hugs, kissing them on the cheek every night, and even saying some random I love you’s.

They were truly a family.

Charlotte stopped in front of Eun Sun’s bedroom and peeked inside.

The little girl was in the middle of a mess of toys and dolls, her attention on a sheet of paper were she was drawing with her crayons.

Charlotte entered the bedroom and Eun Sun raised her eyes to her.

“My head doesn’t hurt anymore!” The little girl said.

“That’s a good sign. Maybe you can go back to school tomorrow!”

Charlotte was hoping she would too.

“Look I made a drawing of us!” Eun Sun raised the paper so Charlotte could grab it and look at it.

Eun Sun drew several trees and in the middle she made her wearing a beautiful pink dress and two tall figures beside her.

“It’s me and then you and my brother are holding my hands.”

The use of brother and not daddy like she used to say didn’t pass unnoticed by Charlotte.

“Brother?”

“Yes. Onew is my brother…but he is like my father too so I can call him daddy right?”

“Did anyone tell you anything about…?”

“The nice doctor I saw last week said he was my brother so I asked her if it was wrong to call him daddy.”

Eun Sun was now being monitored by another therapist so she was probably referring to what happened during her last session.

“There is nothing wrong in calling him that. “ Charlotte said caressing the little girls head “He is the one who treats you like a father right? So the name you use to call him doesn’t matter as long as you love him.”

“Can I call you mom then? I like your name but…I’ve always wondered how it is like to have someone to call mom.”

Charlotte kneeled before the little girl and pulled her to a hug “You can call me mom. I don’t mind. If it’s Charlotte or mom, whatever you want to call me is ok.”

Eun Sun pushed Charlotte away slowly and then grabbed the paper. “I forgot something!”

Charlotte watched the little girl draw something on the woman’s arms on the drawing.

She didn’t even need to ask because it was clear but Eun Sun said it out loud anyway.

“It’s a baby! The therapist asked me if I would be ok having a little sister and I told her I wanted a brother.” Charlotte didn’t speak, her eyes on the paper, so Eun Sun waved her hand in front of her eyes. “Mom, are you ok?”

Mom

That actually sounded really good.

“A brother really?” Onew’s voice from the door made the two look at him.

Eun Sun ran to him immediately and he grabbed her in his arms, his eyes on Charlotte.

“Boys are cooler than girls!” Eun Sun explained and Onew placed her on the floor “Did you have a good day?”

“No…I was sad because I didn’t have you and...” He his lips hesitating “Mom there.”

“I’m going to school tomorrow! I’ve decided!” Eun Sun said determinedly picking up the bag with the takeaway dinner Onew had on his hand “I’m going to place this on the kitchen.”

He let her and once he was sure Eun Sun couldn’t hear him he walked to Charlotte that raised the drawing for him to see with tears in her eyes.

“She said she wants to call me mom!”

“I know. I heard it!”

“She wants a little brother!” Charlotte sobbed.

“Shall we give her one then?”

His words made Charlotte whimper and he pulled her to his arms. “I guess it’s time then.”

“Time?” Charlotte asked “For a baby?”

He cupped her face “To ask you to marry me.”

Charlotte stared into his eyes that were once cold and now she could only see warmth, sincerity and love.

Of course she was going to marry him.

 

“If I can’t have you, I might die, I might go crazy, I don’t know what will happen. The only medicine is you. I can’t live if I lose you.” ~ Symptoms

 

Fall

Lee moved his hands on Lucy’s skin, taking his time caressing her stomach and using her body as if it was a piano where he was playing.

She giggled, lying beside him, her head on his pillow, watching his actions.

He kissed her stomach and sat on the bed also , rubbing his head sleepily.

Ever since they started dating she spent most of her days at his place, using the free time he had away from his musician life and her from work to date and be together.

Kimchi jumped on the bed, used to that new person that now shared the bed with him and his owner and lied beside her head curled into a ball.

Lucy stretched her arm to caress his fur and Lee lay down on the bed, his head over her stomach.

She tried to move him away because he was heavy but he resisted and she gave up with a pout.

“I’m glad you are still a cat fairy!” He said after a while.

“I am?” She asked moving her fingers on his hair. “Well there was that time we roleplayed in bed and I pretended to be one but besides that you never mentioned it anymore.”

He didn’t answer and instead rose his body from hers and faced her, his nose touching hers making Lucy caress his cheek, happy with the proximity.

“I’m going to compose you a song. I’ll call it the Cat Fairy lullaby!”

She wasn’t sure he was being serious about it but he probably was since she often saw him trying out new melodies his eyes on her.

“Funny you mention that! I also have some plans!” Lucy sat on the bed and he sat in front of her too. “I think I want to have my own coffee shop. I learned a lot with your sister and maybe I could open one. A cat café maybe!”

“That’s sounds great! The Cat Fairy would be its name?”

“Why not?!”

He smiled appreciating the idea “I can be your partner. I can help financially.” He was making good money with his album, not that money was an issue before. He had the fortune of his mother; he had more money that he would ever use in all his life.

“We could have a piano there too!” She added excited. “You could play anytime you want.”

“Maybe I could give lessons too!”

“Wow. Then it would be a cat café and a piano café!”

“A little bit of each of us!”

She clapped happily and then kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

Lee caressed her shoulders, moving his lips against hers and when she pulled away from him he knew it was time to do it.

“I want you to be my partner in everything.”

Lucy chuckled, a mischievousness smile on her lips. “In what more? Playing games …” She moved her fingers on his chest, running them over his “Bed?”

“You are already in all of that.”

She pushed him back in the bed and let her sat over him, moving her body suggestively against his. His cat fairy was out for a fun time and Kimchi seemed to read the mood because he jumped from the bed giving them more privacy.

“I meant life!” Lee stated ignoring the way her lips on his chest were making him feel.

Since he wasn’t reacting to her kisses and caresses Lucy stopped and gave him her full attention.

“What do you mean?” She asked uncertain “You surely don’t mean….the …M word.”

She swallowed nervously and Lee closed his eyes, releasing a breath he was holding, a smile making the corner of his lips rise.  She was more nervous than he was and that was adorable.

“Yes. The M word! Will you marry me?”

He didn’t wait for her answer and instead he kissed her hoping that if she had any doubt, that kiss would make her see that marrying him was the best thing to do.

She barely answered to the kiss, still in shock, staring at him after he pulled away.

“Be my Cat Fairy forever!”

Forever is a long time, even for a cat fairy but the truth was that without him she would lose all her magic.

Lucy hugged him, pushing him down on the bed with her, kissing him fervently, her lips moving from his, down his neck, her body rubbing against him.

She never said yes but no words were needed for him to know the answer.

Lucy felt as if something inside her changed. She was no longer the same woman that arrived in Korea, wanting to live with her boyfriend, cook for him, and do anything to make him happy. She now had plans for her, plans that also included someone, plans that were more than caring for someone that didn’t care for her at all. She felt renovated, a new improved self and in a way it was thanks to what she had with Lee.

Marriage was only the next step.

“I remember the day we first met. You came to me on a dazzling and bright day.
Thank you so much for coming to me.” - In your eyes

 

SIX MONTHS LATER

 

“We are at the moment outside the coffee shop Cat Fairy where at this moment the wedding of the famous pianist Lee is being held.” The news reporter pointed at the building behind her, a one flor building with a terrace over it that was now fully decorated with flowers. “The wedding is on the rooftop terrace of the coffee shop and accordingly to what we know, the famous pianist decided to only invite close friends…”

 

“I can’t believe I’m at Lucy’s wedding and that there are a big group of reporters down there.” Alex said peeking from the terrace at the woman on the street.

“I can’t believe I am here!” Jinki said happily, his eyes moving from the chairs placed for the guests to the well-dressed guests, to the view he had from the building, to the park behind it. “Six months ago I could barely leave my house and now I can go anywhere. I even rode the subway thrice this month!”

Alex linked her arm with him and rubbed her head on his arm “That’s why I think we could try going on a big adventure!”

He frowned remembering how she pestered him the whole week about a trip together.

“We aren’t going to Hawaii. Not now!” He whispered knowing that they would start bickering soon. He didn’t mind bickering with her now, even though it happened quite often. They always found a way to find a middle ground and Jinki now knew that sometimes books aren’t totally right. Sometimes you truly need to change for the people you love, at least some parts of you need to.

“No I don’t mean Hawaii!” Alex said moving her lips closer to Jinki’s “I meant another kind of adventure!”

He glanced at her, losing his concentration because she was giving him that smile he loved.

Alex leaned forward her lips touching his ear “I’m pregnant!”

Jinki froze, color leaving his face and Alex moved away so she could check his reaction.

“I’m sorry. It happened but…”

But she didn’t mind it happened. Did he?!

 A baby was a big trouble and he had no idea how to take care of one. He wasn’t sure if he even had books about it.

“I don’t know anything about babies too!” she answered knowing exactly what he was thinking “We didn’t know about love too and we learned together!”

He blinked his eyes realizing she was right.

“Are we together or not?”

He untangled his arm from hers and pulled her by her back to him.

“Yes!”

They were going to have a baby!

A few steps away from that couple, another one was already sitting near the beautiful wedding arch decorated with white and blue flowers.

Ondrew seemed very stiff looking at it and Mia looked at him sideways, rubbing her hand on his.

It wasn’t long since he started working at the company and took his position as the new president. It was something unprecedented, such a young president, but not surprising since it was Ondrew’s mother wish before and everyone wanted his father to leave the company. Besides he couldn’t be the president now, not when he was arrested due to the several crimes he committed.

Even though Ondrew celebrated the arrest of his father, Mia knew that in reality it saddened him a little.

She his fingers, smiling sweetly at him and he joined his forehead with hers, his fingers caressing her neck under her hair.

“I’m not sure what I would do without you!”

He mumbled closing his eyes and Mia nodded her head “I know!”

“It’s a beautiful ceremony right?” Ondrew said suddenly making Mia frown at him suspicious.

“Really? You said you preferred to stay at my apartment making out!”

“That’s because you have a beautiful y orange dress.”

“Pleaaaase!” she waved her hand suddenly feeling very hot.

“I want to undress you!” Ondrew said stretching his arms on the air as if he was casually discussing the weather.

Mia didn’t say anything smiling with his comment. “Well we can leave the party early!”

He seemed to like her suggestion and he smiled at her, his eyes falling on her hand that was fixing her dress on her chest area.

“Stop looking at my s!” Mia complained but Ondrew wasn’t looking at her s at all.

He was looking at her finger where he was going to put a wedding ring sooner during the trip to Jeju Island that they had planned for the next week. He was sure she was going to say yes and he wasn’t worried at all.

Ondrew sneaked an arm behind her and pulled her closer to him.

Mia fixed her hair next and then smiled at Charlotte that arrived to the wedding at that moment.

They were the first ones to marry; they did five months ago as soon as Charlotte got pregnant. It is true what they say about pregnant woman looking prettier. Charlotte’s cheeks got chubbier and rosier and even though she had a big tummy now she was still elegant and looked perfect on her light blue dress.

Eun Sun was by her side holding her hand that she quickly released so she could run to say hi to aunt Mia and brother Ondrew, leaving Charlotte with her husband Onew.

“You did well letting her get closer to Ondrew.” Charlotte said rubbing her tummy, watching Ondrew hug the little girl that was telling him something very excited.

“He is her half-brother after all!”

“She is so different now!” Charlotte remarked and Onew knew what she meant.

Eun Sun wasn’t the same girl she was before. She was happier now, she had more friends at school – she even had an admirer -, she decided to learn more English so she could travel aboard someday. The biggest change was when the couple told her that they were going to have a baby.

Eun Sun was delighted and she said she would always treat him (it was really a him) as her brother even though she knew that in reality she was his aunt.  After that she started calling Onew less times dad and a big change happened in her. Eun Sun showed a maturity that was extraordinary for a girl her age and soon the nightmares that tormented her every night disappeared.

“She is finally free!” He said wishing that he was too, that he could simply forget those painful memories from the past like Eun Sun seemed to have forgotten. “No more evil dad…”

Charlotte caressed Onew face and then pulled his hand to her tummy “You are free too! There is another baby here and a new story to write!”

“Well I’m sure I’ll do well! I did with Eun Sun! I already did the father training and I’m ready for debut!”

Charlotte laughed and pulled Onew with her so they could sit beside Mia and Ondrew. Alex and Jinki approached them and they all sat on the front row where Lee’s sister was already.

It was time for the wedding.

Lee came out first, nervously touching the bow on his neck and stopped under the arch, his eyes on the door from where his future wife would enter.

Lucy didn’t take long, entering the terrace with a very simple white dress a small tiara with a cat on her head.

Lee grinned noticing it, his eyes moving down to admire her beautiful smile of joy.

They were finally marrying!

 After he asked her, they did their best to open the coffee shop like they imagined and organize their wedding. And now, one month after they opened their coffee shop, that was a success, they were finally doing it.

He held her hand on his, his eyes never leaving hers.

There was no need for many words; both knew what they felt and how important that was.

The wedding officiant said a few words, not many since Lucy asked him not to due to their no need to speak much policy as a couple and then the time to exchange the rings arrived.

Lucy turned around facing the door and softly called “Kimchi!”

The family and friends invited to the wedding chattered and giggled at the situation but the cat really entered the terrace wearing a black bow and running to Lucy that grabbed him into her arms.

Everyone clapped and she beamed at the guests before turning to Lee.

Only he knew how long it took for her to teach Kimchi – and convince him – to do that at their wedding. It made sense since she was a cat fairy.

Lee took the rings from the cat’s bowtie and Lucy placed him back on the floor.

They exchanged rings without saying any vows, the melody of Cat Fairy Lullaby, the song he composed for her, playing in the background.

As always nothing more was needed.

Lee kissed Lucy validating their wedding, and the other couples witnessed it.

Kimchi meowed watching his owner hug the woman that Kimchi learned to see as his new owner.

The guests started to get up to congratulate the couple and Kimchi watched them with mild interest trying to take that annoying bow from his neck.

Humans were interesting. He knew since the start that Lee and Lucy were made for each other and would mate eventually. Why couldn’t humans see it and take such a long time to realize simple things like that?! He had to do all the work to make them see something so obvious!

He sighed like a cat can sigh and lied down over the terrace wall watching the human party from there. He couldn’t wait to go home and lie down at the feet of the bed he shared with both his two favorite humans.  

THE END

And its done!

I wont lie, Im actualy relieved I finished this.

Its poetic how I started it two years ago in August and end it also in August.

ahaha

Anyway first of all thank you for reading this story. I know its one of my weakest and I confess that I was a lazy writer on the last chapters. I feel like I could have done better but I was so eager to finish it so I can start other fics that I did probably a lousy job. Still I did my best to at least give you a happy ending and allow that these characters have their happy ever after.

One of the main reasons that this story became so hard to write was because the people to whom I wrote it no longer read it. Sadly life is like that and people move on in a  different direction from you, stop liking kpop, etc...

Still I did it! I finished it like I promised I would!

Thank you once again to everyone who read, commented, subscribed and upvoted!

I hope you liked my wacky story with 4 onew's! ^^

See ya ~

For one last fun moment. Asnwer the poll please