Chapter 4 - Pride

Now You're Gone

   By the time Btob gets home, Hana has already found herself in the heart of Seoul. Changcub was the first to walk in. It was about 6:00pm and he was surprised to see that the light in the livingroom was turned off. Everyone else filed in behind him. 

"Hana!" Subnjae called, as soon as he got in. 

     For the first time, he didn't get a reply. Everyone was confused, but they assumed something normal, and continued on with getting ready for diner. 

"Hana! Yah! This isn't funny!" 

     It seemed that Sunjae was the only one worried. 

"Sungjae, she's probably asleep." Ilhoon told him. 

"She's not asleep." Hyunsik said after coming out of Hana's room. "I just checked."

"What? Then where is she?" Changsub asked. 

"I don't know, but she isn't in her room." Hyunsik replied. 

     Sungjae's face grew pale, and his eyes became wide. He pushed past Eunkwang who also looked somewhat nervous, and barged into everyone's shared bedroom, only to find Peniel standing still and silent on top of his bed. Sungjae climbed the ladder up to his bed, and managed to find nothing but a note, clearly written by Hana. 

     The note broke his heart, and caused tears to roll donwn his face. Eunkwang came in sometime when he didn't notice, and Peniel eventually stopped spacing out, and noticed his sobs. 

"Did you find out what happened to her?" Their leader asked. 

"Hyung!!" Sungjae shouted angrily. "Are you aware how much you've hurt her?!"

"Yah! What's with all the screaming?" Ilhoon said as he walked in. The rest of Btob soon followed. 

"Hyung made her leave!!!" Sungjae rambled on, tears still streaming down his face. 

     Sungjae remembered the note saying not forever, but how could he have trusted a promise that seemed so empty? 

"Calm down, Sungjae. We can call her." Minhyuk reasoned. Changsub then pulled out his phone. 

     Soon enough, everyone was silent and listening to the phone ring for the first time. It only rang once, then the line went dead. 

"Hello, this is Hana." They all heard her happy-sounding voice mail. "Sorry, I can't get to the phone, I'll be sure to call back!" 

     After that, they were all greeted with silence once again. 

"Her phone must be off... Hyunsik whispered. 

     Ilhoon joined Sungjae who was silently letting his tears fall. No one knew what to say, so eventually, they all shuffeled into their own bed and turned out the lights. Sungjae's tears finally stopped, and he fell asleep with a heavy heart. Little did everyone know, Peniel lay awake, clutching the note and the picture to his chest. for some reason, tears refused to fall, and he could do nothing but stare at the ceiling. He remembered the words on the note the moment he read over them for the first time. His mind spun all the way back to the same moment that his sister remembered not too long before. 

     He could easily admit this to himself. His heart hurt. He missed his sister. But what could he do? She never mentioned where she went on his note, and as of now, he has no idea what was writtern on Sungjae's. He tried to convince himself to give her time, but right now, he just wanted to find her. 

 

<<>>

     Hana's eyes were locked on the star-filled sky above her. She thought about the call she recieved earlier. The same call that she imedietly denied. Her anger finally died down, and somewhere in her heart, she wished for her brother to come and find her. Somewhere else in her heart, she was convinced to not back down.

     Her pride was more important to her now, though her Father's words still lingered in her mind. Family isn't about pride...


I'm  back!! Did you guys miss me? ;) Hahaha... Here's the chapter! Hope you like it! 

One more thing! I'm writing a story with my friends!!! It's called Badman, and it's on the account: MelodyKKY. Please check it out!! I'll post the trailer here for you~ 

 Please be sure to check it out, and comment!! <3 

 

Remember to comment, and subscribe if you like the story! Thanks so much, my inspiration!! ^^